X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Being out in the middle of nowhere, I've had to order a lot of samples online. I use this place...cheap to test something out and shipping is pretty fast. If you can't track down a place in NYC to test, give this a shot before committing to a full bottle.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
      Anyone know a place in NYC where I can try the Damir Doma Six Scents fragrance? If not, is it good enough to take a leap and order it without testing it?
      I was gonna say my house, but then I realized that's the one I gave away. It was a good one though!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

They carry them at Seven. The DD one is excellent...and all natural, which is a feat.

Tried the latest CDG today (finally)...it's really. fucking. weird. Aldehydes, scotch tape, and the rubber-leather from Bvlgari Black. More weird than interesting. Great bottle though.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Makes things harder since Seven no longer exists.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Makes things harder since Seven no longer exists.
            Really?? I'm out o' the loop...not somewhere I would normally shop, but I remember seeing them there once.

Well...they'll probably be at Bendel's, and Aedes I imagine, but I would call to confirm first.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ Casey asked for a physical place.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• t-bone
                • Dec 2009

I was never able to find it for sale at any retail shops in ny, and I looked everywhere mentioned. I have a bottle and love it so I'd say its worth it, but definitely go for the sample online if you aren't sure.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks all! Yea, Seven's physical shop closed but they finally got their website updated and it's available there. Thanks for the link beardown, I shall order a sample.
                  music

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                    Thanks all! Yea, Seven's physical shop closed but they finally got their website updated and it's available there. Thanks for the link beardown, I shall order a sample.
                    I can't imagine anyone truly disliking this one...but a sample is always best if you're one to only buy what you love (which is a good policy...otherwise you end up like me with a wall of bottles).

This one would easily be re-sellable either way.

To elaborate on my previous statement about natural perfumes, Luca Turin once wrote that "a natural perfume can evoke any colour...as long as it's brown" (paraphrasing). This is one of the very few on the market that excels in creativity and complexity. I always equated creating a perfume using only natural materials with building a house using only natural materials...sure, it would stand up and do the job, but do I want to live in a log cabin? At the same time, an all-synthetic perfume can suffer the same problem.

This one was created by Yann Vasnier btw, the author of most (all?) of the superb Divine scents. L'Homme de Coeur is outstanding.

Comment

• uL7iMa
                      • Oct 2010

this is probably a bit superficial, but whats a fragrance that exudes masculinity? What sort of notes are deemed masculine?

hahahah!

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

no need to buy a fragrance, plenty of seedy dudes will be happy to spray you down in their pheromones for free!

might also try muscs koublai khan if you want the smell of savage gay sex without actually having it

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by uL7iMa View Post
                          this is probably a bit superficial, but whats a fragrance that exudes masculinity? What sort of notes are deemed masculine?

hahahah!
                          The aromatic fougere...ie - barbershop smell. Composed mostly of lavender with coumarin, a sweet, cookie-like smell. Together they can both smell feminine, but together they create tom-selleck-on-a-bearskin-rug. Best (still) is YSL's Rive Gauche Pour Homme. Next best (adding a splash of animal urine) would be YSL's Kouros.

Comment

• Slim
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Slim
                            Originally Posted by casem83
                            Anyone know a place in NYC where I can try the Damir Doma Six Scents fragrance? If not, is it good enough to take a leap and order it without testing it?
                            You could try Opening Ceremony (Ace Hotel)....

Comment

• nahneun
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Slim View Post
                              You could try Opening Ceremony (Ace Hotel)....
                              I don't think they have it there. I don't recall seeing it the last time I was there. Might be at the soho one, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

• Slim
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by nahneun View Post
                                I don't think they have it there. I don't recall seeing it the last time I was there. Might be at the soho one, but don't quote me on that.

It has been awhile... But I did sampled Philip Lim, Gareth Pugh and Damir Doma at the Ace Hotel location. I'll swing by this weekend to double check..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎