Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Yea, I noticed it was available on the Standard online shop. It's definitely not at Opening Ceremony Soho. Thanks for checking into it, I already ordered the sample but if I do like it and it's at Ace it's good to know a place where I can pick it up.
    music

Comment

• nahneun
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Slim View Post
      It has been awhile... But I did sampled Philip Lim, Gareth Pugh and Damir Doma at the Ace Hotel location. I'll swing by this weekend to double check..
      yeah they definitely had all of series 2 at one point, but i think the good ones are gone

Comment

• several_girls
        • Nov 2010

I know I only mentioned Humiecki & Graef's Askew in the last post, but after returning to some samples I think Geste and Bosque are worth mentioning. The entire line is great if you are looking for something new and modern. Some of the scents flirt with avant-garde.

Other reviews online are better than I can offer, but FWIW: Bosque opens very fresh, clean, floral, almost soapy, but with a little... pepper? Like many of Laudamiel's scents, it dries down to an animalitic musk. Even so, it retains a kind of artificial, spacey quality that also seems something of a signature in many of his scents.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I'm a big H&G fan...they're tricky to love, almost bordering on revolting sometimes, but that only makes me want more. I have a bottle of Multiple Rouge...it's considered fruit-biohazard to some.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• liberty_of_style
            • Aug 2011

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque

Does anyone tried this?
            I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              tom-selleck-on-a-bearskin-rug.

this is... quite a vivid image o__o
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

grrrrrrrrrr baby!
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• chameleon
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    This one was created by Yann Vasnier btw, the author of most (all?) of the superb Divine scents. L'Homme de Coeur is outstanding.
                    Trying this now and loving it, seems to hold up pretty well so far though it's close to the skin at this point (4-5 hours after application). I have pretty dry skin too. Got a vial sample so I just dabbed a little on my wrist. Perhaps it's better sprayed? Tried L'homme sage yesterday and loved it from the first second but something with the earthy basenotes/drydown didn't sit right with me. Appeared a bit too synthetic perhaps? Will give it a few more tries.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Bump.

Anyone shopping for spring scents yet?

Luckyscent is now carrying the S-Perfume line...if you haven't tried S-ex...you're missing out. One of the most peculiar, yet beautiful scents you can buy...and for a decent price at that.

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

someone at my local farmer's market sells soap that smells like pot
                        also they have one that uses oak moss, which smells kind of neat. i want it in a fragrance so that i can smell like treebeard

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Oakmoss is now heavily restricted unfortunately...look for older bottles of Guerlain Mitsouko or Chanel Pour Monsieur. Yummy.

Comment

• birdytg
                            • Feb 2010

Mona di Orio "Vanilla" hapilly added to the collection now!
                            What a great fragrance! as most of Mona's!!!
                            http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                            http://www.birdytg.com
                            www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                            http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by copacetic
                              heavily restricted in what way? why?
                              There's an organization called the IFRA that governs the use of ingredients in cosmetics and fragrances. If they deem that something is an allergen, toxin, etc., they add it to their hit-list and tell you how much you can use in a formulation. They've basically ruined the entire perfume industry and every classic perfume in existence...but if you don't follow their rules, no one will insure you.

Comment

• several_girls
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                                someone at my local farmer's market sells soap that smells like pot
                                also they have one that uses oak moss, which smells kind of neat. i want it in a fragrance so that i can smell like treebeard
                                I'm sure you've done some hunting around, but I'm on the search for a similar scent myself. Try these if you haven't already:

Serge Lutens - Fille en Anguilles
                                Tauer - Pentachord Verdant
                                CdG - Palisander, Sequoia, Wonderwood
                                I Hate Perfume - Black March
                                Odin - Tanoke (the ginger and orange are bit off the mark, but this was the most rich and clear 'tree' scent I've tried)
                                L'artisan Parfumeur - Al Oudh (very dirty. there are some complaints about it being too 'arm pit', 'sweaty' or 'B.O.', but I like this kind of thing sometimes)

And of course there are some threads on basenotes with suggestions for soil/earth/green scents. My favorite of the bunch I've tried above is Tauer's Verdant. Have I already described it? Intense, linear, radiant, mossy, and moldy with a fleeting black licorice sweetness. One of the most distinctive scents I've ever tried, and that's saying something considering the litany of weird and avant garde stuff I've ordered up so far.

Speaking of avant garde, I've tried eccentric molecules eccentric 01 and molecule 01. They're both pleasant and velvety, with a remarkable staying power. Unlike other people's experiences though, the scents never really disappeared on me, I could smell them the whole day. And I was never accosted by strangers or complimented by friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎