X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnow
    • Jun 2010

Hi Dudley,

1) I am not taking any sides. your post got my attention because of how you claim shum88 told you to go fuck yourself. Hyperbole or not, I highly doubt he would ever react in that manner. As such I did what you suggested - to go read about it in your other post. Now, hyperbole or not all I saw from your post was a dispute with regards to a transaction.

2) I'm alittle confused, are you comparing 2 identical Rick jackets from
    the same season or 2 different jackets from the same season? While I can clearly see the variations from your post, it is what it is - a mere variation. Of course, you may be right and the jacket he sold you could be fake as hell, but I've seen many different variations (tags etc.) from Rick himself and perhaps this may too be another one of those situations.

3) frankly speaking I'm no Rick expert as the one you perceive yourself to be. Rick's materials and construction isn't the most stellar to begin with and I have never expected much from most of his items. Likewise shum88 may not be some kind of Rick Owens expert as well, and he may not have the same privilege as you to compare the jacket with another piece from MOODY.

4) what irks me more than anything is the fact that there are other ways for you to go about this manner, instead of coming out and yes, slandering his name. You could have posted in the legit checks thread. You could consult with other forum users. Or since you are so certain that from your pictures and description it could be ascertain the the jacket is indeed fake, why don't you email Rick NYC , or any other outlets immediately? Why don't you go ahead and file a paypal dispute? Instead you chose to go about the matter in perhaps the least efficient way possible and at the same time acting like a 12 year old.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Not getting too deep into this, but I'm willing to bet a small sum the jacket just might be legit and not fake.......
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

how is this ganging up on dudley real right now,
        that jacket looks mega fake, the distance between the drkshdw || thingies on the back is a dead giveaway.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          that jacket looks mega fake, the distance between the drkshdw || thingies on the back is a dead giveaway.
          not ganging on him at all......hope he and Stew can come to something amicable.
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

+1, also it's the seller responsability to ascertain that what he's selling is legit.
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 13we2
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
              You think that telling me to travel 2.5 hours to NYC and getting a letter from the flagship Rick store in order to get a refund on a clearly fake jacket is not telling me to go fuck myself? Go fuck yourself.
              Chill out everyone. Tell you the easiest way to tell a fake rick - write down the code number: du14f4768-mur.

Email request or call Rick's store/website to get verified what the item should be even at the very first place - bomber, pants, or socks. Or Google if you think this is still like go fuck yourself. Yes. Most fake ricks use wrong code numbers because they don't bother to produce different ones for different pieces.

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

This what you're talking about?

Searching for DRKSHDW Black Stag Bomber? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Outerwear starting at $810 and plenty of other Men's Outerwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

Comment

• sunny
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                  +1, also it's the seller responsability to ascertain that what he's selling is legit.
                  +2. Can understand his fury.

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

This is the exact reason why I only buy Rick in stores. I've been sold a fake once, never again.
                    Grailed link

Comment

• Fenix
                      • Aug 2010

My goodness are you guys fucking babies. This guy comes in 100mph, slinging shit. I could care less if he is wrong or right and am not taking sides on the authenticity of the item. I don't happen to be a super Rick authenticity expert like all of you....even though I probably own just as much, if not more.

The point is, Sshum88 is a standup guy so I'm guessing "the gang" had the same reaction as myself when seeing Duds post the same content in three separate threads. I can't wait to see what is next...Is Duds going to come back with some sob story that he had to hitchhike to NYC, spend the night on the street draped in the fake jacket to keep warm...only to get to the NYC Flagship and the person working there that day wasn't employed by Rick in 2014 and is unable to verify the authenticity?
                      Originally posted by hausofblaq
                      Grow up.

Comment

• sshum88
                        • Dec 2007

I'll just share 3 of the messages exchanged between us - screen caps as proof I didn't edit anything. I'm still looking for the 'f-word' in my exchange

1st - Y to S // Go to Rick Store

"Hey, so you sold me a fake. I'm a bit upset, but not going to take it personally and blow up at you. We can do this the easy way or the hard way.

Easy way: I open a paypal dispute for not as described, you issue a refund, I ship the jacket back, and I don't post about this.

Hard way: I open a paypal dispute, you do not settle, I go to the Rick store and have the piece verified as not fake, I still get my money back, and I also report this incident in the forums.

Take your pick?"

2nd - S to Y // Initial response - middle of img

"Well I'm happy to issue a refund but I like to know why you consider it to be a fake?

I purchased it from online from another seller and checked for all the usual signs - zippers, and tags against all my other Drkshdw pieces. Even across 5-6 seasons of items that I had, there were slight variations but nothing that would cause me to think the jacket I sold you was a fake."

3nd - S to Y // Rick Verification

"I appreciate your kind consideration re: my reputation. Selling counterfeit goods is illegal regardless if you sell it across borders.

For the reasons you stated as being fake - tags, zippers/pulls and materials - I'm sure you are aware that Rick offers his pieces in multiple types of materials even from within the same line Drkshdw vs Mainline. I'm pretty sure I checked the zippers against my Drkshdw pieces and they did not look like fake Raccagni zippers to me.

So I would appreciate you going to the Rick store as you mentioned and having it verified as a fake in writing on official Rick Owens letterhead signed by the manager in NYC - assume you will be going there as that will be the closest store. You can submit that to PayPal and myself as proof.

Once I have the copy of the letter and have verified it over the phone with the store manager at Rick Owens NYC, I'll promptly issue you a refund.

Sorry for all the troubles - I'll never buy Rick online via eBay again."

Link 1 - screen cap
                        https://goo.gl/photos/NnMuiWArnYzdWMtt9

Linke 2 - screen cap
                        https://goo.gl/photos/SWmrAp1G4mmv4DQ46

Link 3 - screen cap
                        https://goo.gl/photos/wBBs4YbNseYwQKsf7

I got a fake DRKSHDW jacket from shum88, and when I called him out on it, he basically told me to go fuck myself. [/url]
                        Originally posted by eat me
                        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

You think that telling me to travel 2.5 hours to NYC and getting a letter from the flagship Rick store in order to get a refund on a clearly fake jacket is not telling me to go fuck myself? Go fuck yourself.
                          Based on the conversation he just shared, you were the one who mentioned going to the Rick store in the first place?? So how is suggesting the same "telling to go fuck yourself"?

You are way out of line here, you never gave him the benefit of doubt but seemed to threaten him, and you also tried to slander him by saying he told you to f off when it seems like he didn't. From what I can tell, he was being civil and tried to sort out the situation.

Now if there is clear reason to believe he knowingly sold you a fake, it's a whole different matter, but right now I don't see anything specifically indicating that. Scammers typically don't communicate after the sale, which is not the case here. Also, think about, if he wanted to scam someone, why do it on a forum full of experts where he has been a member for 10 years?
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

I made a trade + trade w/ dudley once..
                            basically he had a rick geo i owned in xs that fit like a 46 i wanted it back and he was looking for a stag stooges in xs, i traded for the stag stooges in xs to trade him for the geo. Everything was great, he even shipped early!! I sent him the jacket everything seemed cool then 2 months after receiving the jacket i get this email....
                            DG
                            Something is off about this jacket, and I've just now been able to figure it out. The fit is too big to be XS, even for Stag, and the color is not really black. But everything seems to check out, except the care tags. They're not fake tags, but they're not the original tags. I can see where they were cut and restitched.

I don't have any PayPal recourse, so I guess you got me, but I pretty much have to warn people in the seller's feedback thread about this incident. Maybe you don't care about that, but I thought I'd give you the chance to make things right and trade back anyways.

me

i told u i could get this in a trade if u wanted to trade. I only got this jacket for u. the black really varies from leather to leather type. I only had it for a few hours but there was nothing off about it and the tags are legit. I buy and sell tons of rick man there was nothing off about it, and that stooges is to me a hair smaller than this geo which is an xs as well. I really don't know why all of a sudden 2 months later u are acting like i went out and got a fake to trade w/ u???? I thought we were cool??

DG
                            2 months because I trusted you and didn't actually wear the jacket until the weather cooled off. It was just way too hot to even try the jacket on. I just assumed everything was ok because of your good reputation. But this jacket is not an XS in black. This jacket is way bigger than the geo and significantly lighter in color. I kept measurements of the geo and this is objectively bigger.

I didn't say it was fake, only that someone, not necessarily you, stitched on tags from a different jacket onto this one. If it was the guy you traded with, well you need to do a better job of screening your trades. Maybe you should ask that guy about it? I don't know, that side of the trade was not my responsibility so it's not my problem.

It's up to you. We can trade back and I'll keep quiet about this, or I'll post about it in the seller's feedback thread.

me

don't want this jacket. How many leathers from stag have u owned? Cause I have had many and they all vary in size. The guy I got it from is an Australian guy who is a collector. He buys all my most expensive leathers and he has tons of ccp as well. I don't think he's into doing frauds man. Both he and I have and deal with a lot of older Rick leathers. There's nothing off about it. Stooges just fit weird. Long sleeves plus stuff leather to me doesn't work for my body.
                            Don't make threats man that's really uncalled for. And pretty childish. I've had upwards of - few hundred black Rick leathers and everyone of them a a different shade of black. I can't remember urs anymore because I had it less than a day but I did check it and don't remember anything odd about it other than the usual stooges fit. Because it's an xs the body is shorter like the geo.

DG
                            I don't make threats. Just giving you a choice before I make this public, and it looks like you've made your choice. See you on SZ.

ME
                            we didn't do this on sz? but do what u gotta do, u could try to resolve things but go ahead i won't stop u.

DG
                            The jacket is not legit. It's not fake, but it's not legit. The stitching on the tag is inconsistent, and you can see where it was cut crookedly from the original jacket and folded over to hide that. None of my other Rick outerwear (hooded peacoat from limo, gradient intarsia from strutter, fishtail from Moody) have a tag with those issues. This jacket is 1-2 sizes larger than XS/46, and it's a solid shade lighter than black.

I don't think you're at fault though. If I was just shipping it as soon as I'd received it, I wouldn't have noticed either. I might not even have known if it wasn't for the fact that I was trading a black XS stag leather. At first, I thought maybe you were in on it with the other guy, so I was going to make this public, but that doesn't really add up either.

Anyways, I don't need your help, there's nothing for me to really gain. I don't even want the geo for the original reasons I traded it, when what I really want is not to be stuck with a bunk jacket. I can't even resell this as XS black with a clean conscience. Just gonna take the L on this, sometimes it sucks to be me and this is one of those times. You've built a good reputation not by scamming people, and I'm not out to ruin that without knowing for certain this wasn't just an accident. But be careful with whoever it is that you got this from.

ME
                            look man the earlier stuff the tags aren't as consistent but this is legit, here are the pics i just took of our Geo, i've seen tags on crust-exploder where it's not totally straight and changes color from the front side black to the back side white the thread that is, and some all black threads and some all white threads, that's not an indicator that someone changed the tags, they would have to give up their jacket basically to do that? not saying it's impossible but highly unlikely that someone had an xs stooges that was trashed got another stooges that fits like that and then put the tags on it? do u even understand what i'm saying? think of how likely that is? anyways here are the pics of my tags now on this geo. notice that it's basically identical to urs except it's black on the front and white threads in the back? suspicious ? not really it's a hand made garment , the hand made part is bound to change w/ each changing hand the parts that are consistent are the things we regard as identification. Tags, zippers, etc.. the length of an arm, the color of the leather the hem the shoulder width these are all dynamically changing parts w/ changing hands. I've had an xs Geo from crust that was a hair too big and another that was so small i couldn't put my one arm in it.. one's shoulder was 41cm but the body was 63 cm the other 38cm and the body was 57cm, which one was fake??? neither and i had them 6 weeks apart. The tags were identical and the parts that we can rely on were identical but one was basically a women's 40 and the other a men's46, that's a huge difference.

at this point he sent me pics of the legit tag and i sent him pics of the stag Geo tags that he sent me which were basically the same..

later on

after telling me then its just a bad jacket and it fits only middle age men etc..
                            he sent this

I'm eating my words, I live in this damn thing. Way more comfy and warm than my tight intarsia and I can comfortably fit my gimp underneath. It doesn't fit like most available pics, but I realized I don't even want that tight Stooges fit that everyone goes for, relaxed looks way cooler on my frame. Anyways, I felt I owed you an acknowledgement of this, this jacket is perfect for me, sorry for any stress.

I think DG has had maybe more than his share of bad experiences so the impression is things are fake until proven otherwise, i dont think he's a bad guy I think things will get worked out when everyone chills out a little.
                            ps that jacket is a flat out fake though, sometimes when u have had a lot of Rick it's obvious from the second u take it out of any box or bag how fake it is. Thought the tag is the best fake tag I've ever seen, the rest....

Comment

• Fenix
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                              ps that jacket is a flat out fake though, sometimes when u have had a lot of Rick it's obvious from the second u take it out of any box or bag how fake it is. Thought the tag is the best fake tag I've ever seen, the rest....
                              Assuming he is posting real photos. His photos look suspect to me. Also, has anybody seen these jackets faked? They are quite hard to come by in store. It just doesn't seem like my first choice if I was a counterfeiter. More complex production, less demand doesn't bode well for a big return.

So, Dudley, don't keep us in suspense. What happened at the Rick store?
                              Originally posted by hausofblaq
                              Grow up.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                                Assuming he is posting real photos. His photos look suspect to me. Also, has anybody seen these jackets faked? They are quite hard to come by in store. It just doesn't seem like my first choice if I was a counterfeiter. More complex production, less demand doesn't bode well for a big return.

So, Dudley, don't keep us in suspense. What happened at the Rick store?
                                What?
                                If he wanted to scam sshum88, why would he post those photos on this forum where lots of members are familiar with Rick, that particular season, or may even own the same item?
                                Better yet, he somehow has a fake of the exact same item that he got off sshum88?

I will say DG did come off a bit aggressive, but from what others say, that's how he is.
                                However, to start pointing fingers is a bit childish, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎