• Show
Clear All
  • Catfood
    • Oct 2008

Looks like the croc leather is missing some buttons

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

as a designer i am always reluctant to comment on designers prices, but this is a stupid piece and I would love to see the idiot who buys this at this price............
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

This is truly next level WTF, lol.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Aleks
          • Feb 2009

it's only 55,809 cad.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

i like balmain.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Catfood
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
              No doubt this shit is the first thing that will be sold out at some stores.
              I think quite a lot of it makes it to sale. This site has quite a lot of balmain on sale, even a quite a few of the more "iconic" pieces like the jacket with the extreme shoulders..

Personally I find the appeal of Balmain is a bit of a mystery, I get that people may like the aesthetic even if I don't really like it myself. What surprises me though is that people are willing to pay the prices despite so many pieces just looking poorly made. The crocodile jaket on lvr with the missing buttons for example, or the really cheap looking trim on the quilted leather jacket on the site i linked.

Comment

• delphine
                • Sep 2009

gonna have to be a high-priced hooker that cops these

The entire collection is indeed far from justifibly priced. What's interesting to me is that the heels seem only slightly over the prices of comparable brands... the jeans are actually priced above the shoes.

I would like to listen in on the team discussing pricing.. I wonder if they know it's ridiculous or if they are so delusioned that they think these pieces actually carry such value.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  i like balmain.
                  so do I.

Call me idealist, but I'd like to think Decarnin's intention is to sell the idea of this look and those who appreciate it will do with the inspiration accordingly...but of course, you need the sucker who walks into the shop and orders 10 pairs of distressed jeans and a croc jacket.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by delphine View Post
                    The entire collection is indeed far from justifibly priced. What's interesting to me is that the heels seem only slightly over the prices of comparable brands... the jeans are actually priced above the shoes.

I would like to listen in on the team discussing pricing.. I wonder if they know it's ridiculous or if they are so delusioned that they think these pieces actually carry such value.
                    As it is, I think the pricing, not the actual clothes, define the brand's appeal and niche. They carry value in the marketing, image separated from status quo, and herd-following sense.
                    www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• delphine
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      As it is, I think the pricing, not the actual clothes, define the brand's appeal and niche. They carry value in the marketing, image separated from status quo, and herd-following sense.
                      Which to me is worthless. snake oil. I could afford Balmain, I suppose, but I think I would feel rotten about throwing away money on such a product. On the other hand, I've picked up a couple Poell pieces that work for me.. to me that's a pretty good value in the quality, functionality, and aesthetic sense, despite being quite pricey.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

well, like i said, the "value" of Balmain and its pricing schemes aren't founded first and foremost in 'quality, functionality,' or even 'aesthetic sense,' to a certain degree...
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• metin
                          • Dec 2008

It's just sad to see how Decarnin turned all his early momentum into this. I mean, I'm not a personal fan of the aesthetic, but when Decarnin was first given control of the label, he did a lot to revitalize the old shapes and motifs that Pierre Balmain developed. The lanterns and bell shapes of his first few seasons were modern but still looked distinctly Balmain-esque. I didn't even have much issue as he started injecting more "rock and roll" into the house, because once you start dressing Hollywood, it's kind of a thing that happens. The disappointing thing is that instead of using those as stepping stones towards developing the house, he's just literally rehashing his previous work for commercial security. You can't blame him, but the fact is that Balmain has become a label and not a design house.

Comment

• ironman
                            • Apr 2008

fake Juun J. fur hood chesterfield coat..click me for high-res runway photo comparison

Comment

• V-J
                              • Oct 2009

didnt know where to post this...but ann has this kinda treasure box thing?

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。
                              Last edited by V-J; 01-07-2010, 10:31 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Nospheritu
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by shutupass View Post
                                didnt wear to post this...but ann has this kinda treasure box thing?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r61084495
                                This is fukubukuro, a kind of surprise bag sold by shops in Japan to clear out older merchandise. The total value of what's inside is usually between 4~10x the price of the bag. I tried Isetan Men's this year to get one but it seems they sold them out fast. Hard to beat the vulture -> auction buyers...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎