• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Definitely the work of a "street goth" revolutionary
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Null12
      • Oct 2013

Those timbs made me lol. I am going to take a wild guess... Or just blame Pharell Williams...

I am also not sure why I am all hot and bothered (and not in a good way) about the Tisci x Nike collaboration...

Hmm...

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

I actually love the hot-pink laces. I'd thread them differently and wouldn't necessarily tie a bow, but that's just the street goth in me.
        sain't

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
          Are we even sure that the suit is CCP? Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things, but a couple things about the blazer seem "off". The modern blazers (2009-2010) have much slimmer lapels; the lower angle of the lapel notch is nearly parallel to the lower seam of the lapel/collar, CCP ones are far from parallel; there hasn't been a 2 button, normal length blazer produced in several years and although it is not totally clear, the cuff doesn't appear to have the signature double button, pinched detail. Last, it could be some type of fabric that is col.7, but I don't know of any fabrics that are quite so shiny/smooth.....maybe it's just the lighting.....maybe I just over analyse shit
          you think?

Comment

• Piffen
            • Aug 2007

^ Oh come on, it's Sissy P; over-analyzing not possible..

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
              reflection of the kid holding up the phone is... me. this came from my tumblr. lol

when i was walking around just having left the fashion district i passed some building absolutely plastered with these. i have no idea what it was tbh, had no apparent affiliation with the school.

Originally posted by Mung_city View Post
              depressing….

i saw these in person, they're actually pretty incredible and rekindled my interest in juun j. pictures, no justice, none. a thing to behold.

"would u wear one"

nah

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
              As a skater, the foot position is hysterical. They should make the front truck with a grip to 'mall-grab' it while they're at it (that comment may only make sense to my brahs out there). Still better than a wrong-board (longboard).
              ur a grown ass adult throwing vibes at ill defined strangers because their boards are too long and you don't like the way they hold em

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                I actually love the hot-pink laces. I'd thread them differently and wouldn't necessarily tie a bow, but that's just the street goth in me.
                Haha, I'm sure you could pull it off but you might make Rick Owens cry! Where I'm from, there are lots of kids running around with Geobaskets and Ramones only because a certain rapper decided he wanted to talk about Rick Owens in a song. Imagine The Hundreds,Versace, Pyrex Vision and Ralph Lauren paired with Rick Owens sneakers just because they're expensive and become status symbols, it just comes off to me as bandwagoneering.
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• schuur
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                  Haha, I'm sure you could pull it off but you might make Rick Owens cry! Where I'm from, there are lots of kids running around with Geobaskets and Ramones only because a certain rapper decided he wanted to talk about Rick Owens in a song. Imagine The Hundreds,Versace, Pyrex Vision and Ralph Lauren paired with Rick Owens sneakers just because they're expensive and become status symbols, it just comes off to me as bandwagoneering.
                  oversized nike inspired sneakers being worn with streetwear? how horrifying

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                    reflection of the kid holding up the phone is... me. this came from my tumblr. lol

when i was walking around just having left the fashion district i passed some building absolutely plastered with these. i have no idea what it was tbh, had no apparent affiliation with the school.
                    So did you take one? Tell me you stole at least one. Sure you did.
                    sain't

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by schuur View Post
                      oversized nike inspired sneakers being worn with streetwear? how horrifying
                      Don't get me wrong, I definitely think there's a kind of streetwear that works with it, as obviously Rick has many streetwear influences. We all know that. But there's a point where it's blatantly out of proportion. When you see someone wearing True Religion jeans, a Versace belt and Geobaskets, it's a little weird. There are the obnoxious streetwear brands that so often get paired with Rick Owens nowadays such as pyrex vision (trash in my opinion) that automatically destroys any hope of an outfit. Everyone likes this little niche that we have here, it's something special but things like that don't add to it, they just make the clothes into social status symbols.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                        Don't get me wrong, I definitely think there's a kind of streetwear that works with it, as obviously Rick has many streetwear influences. We all know that. But there's a point where it's blatantly out of proportion. When you see someone wearing True Religion jeans, a Versace belt and Geobaskets, it's a little weird. There are the obnoxious streetwear brands that so often get paired with Rick Owens nowadays such as pyrex vision (trash in my opinion) that automatically destroys any hope of an outfit. Everyone likes this little niche that we have here, it's something special but things like that don't add to it, they just make the clothes into social status symbols.
                        You mean the wrong social status symbols?
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          You mean the wrong social status symbols?
                          Yes, definitely. Although, when it all comes down to it, I guess none of it matters.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Come on, eleves, stand your ground against Fuuma's inbred French cynicism! When it comes down to it, as Camus had long proved, none of anything matters. We make things matter.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Come on, eleves, stand your ground against Fuuma's inbred French cynicism! When it comes down to it, as Camus had long proved, none of anything matters. We make things matter.
                              Hahaha, revolt gets us through the absurd! I hated Camus in high school only to find out that I loved him in college. What I meant when I said none of it matters is that I don't want to be that guy judging someone by their clothes (although I find myself doing that a bit too much for my liking)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

It's a natural impulse that must constantly be checked (to an extent ;-))
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎