Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw
    • Oct 2009

Out of the 3, I like the first one. Daytona's look too busy for me too. I really like the Explorer though.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by docus View Post
      ^^^ Personally I prefer 1 & 2, but I'm not so keen on the Rolex, it looks a bit busy to me, too ostentatious and fussy for my taste.
      What about between 1 and 2? =)

Comment

• docus
        • Dec 2010

^^^ Tough as they are so similar, and I haven't handled them in person - but I think I prefer 2, it's a little more understated.

Comment

• hwai333
          • Jul 2010

If you are gonna get a Pam over the daytona, definetly the pick the 321. The 90 looks outdated and the 1950s case on the 321 is way more attractive.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by hwai333 View Post
            If you are gonna get a Pam over the daytona, definetly the pick the 321. The 90 looks outdated and the 1950s case on the 321 is way more attractive.
            What do you think of the PAM 88 compared to the PAM 321?

Last edited by mixmaster7_91; 04-19-2011, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• hwai333
              • Jul 2010

I still would choose the 321 if the price difference isn't an issue, since the 88 lacks the 1950s case as well.

Comment

• docus
                • Dec 2010

Just bought a new watch, nothing fancy but I like it - a Seiko Silverwave from the 80s:

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
                  What do you think of the PAM 88 compared to the PAM 321?
                  Originally posted by hwai333 View Post
                  I still would choose the 321 if the price difference isn't an issue, since the 88 lacks the 1950s case as well.
                  agreed, as i've always had an issue with a cyclopse eye - thats why i don't really buy rolex's with the date......
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                    agreed, as i've always had an issue with a cyclopse eye - thats why i don't really buy rolex's with the date......
                    I agree with you that I am not too keen on the Rolex cyclops, but I quite like the Panerai cyclops as it is built into the case and does not bulge out of the glass like in the Rolex.

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

however still much prefer rolex to paneria to be completely honest....any day of the week

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

^ I'm a big fan of the vintage simple and clean stainless Airking Rolex.

...although getting it PVD'd so that it is all black is quite an attractive option. Looks bad ass:

This is the heinous milgauss version but apparently a number of companies can PVD your watch to order.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                          • Oct 2010

Yea putting a PVD coating makes any Rolex look crazy sick. I reckon a PVD Daytona looks better than any of the Panerai's I posted earlier

Having said that though, I don't think I would ever get it done if I bought a Daytona as it seems like quite an extreme thing to do on an item so expensive. Unless of course it is completely reversible.

Comment

• birdytg
                            • Feb 2010

DH "Chiffre Rouge" limited edition (100 pieces)
                            http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                            http://www.birdytg.com
                            www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                            http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              This is the heinous milgauss version but apparently a number of companies can PVD your watch to order.

A.....I have the green face milgauss and IMO its the best of my rolex and the one I wear more than any other.....and it's throne most people ask me about.

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
                              .....Having said that though, I don't think I would ever get it done if I bought a Daytona as it seems like quite an extreme thing to do on an item so expensive. Unless of course it is completely reversible.
                              I have a stainless black daytona as well, and i wouldn't ever blacken it.

I've handled these black rolexes and they are not as nice/badass as you think. Plus the blackening method is not particulary hard-wearing. Bit like ccp black. Starts off kinda black but after a couple of wears starts to gain in complexity. Fucking cool on a leather jacket....no so cool on a watch

Comment

• gnow
                                • Jun 2010

object-tanned Rolex . Just imagine the smell of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎