X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minomni
    • Oct 2006

Re: F/W 06 Sales

aye, making a concerted effort at minimizing my closet. sadly, some of the cloak has to go :(

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

minomni- I was messaging you on ebay about the pants. Did you end up selling them? I noticed they went back up then came off really fast.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• minomni
        • Oct 2006

yup, the aviator pants are gone. several people inquired about them after the initial auction ended, sorry :(

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

archive sf has marked their stuff down to 65% off. if anyone is a 50-52 and wants a black cashmere/wool double breasted short coat with black
          leather trim
          gustavo lins coat they have one still.

Comment

• kamsky
            • Jan 2007

quite possibly everyone's already aware, but thought i'd post nonetheless -- atelier's sale is now 70% to 80% off.

Comment

• broderick
              • Dec 2006

cloak sale was good to me too!

i scored a pair of new black dress shoes for $150...which was $115 off the original sample sale price just because the SA thought no one else would be able to fit a 39.....then Alexander threw in a tie I was comtemplating for free!

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="broderick"]cloak sale was good to me too!

i scored a pair of new black dress shoes for $150...which was $115 off the original sample sale price just because the SA thought no one else would be able to fit a 39.....then Alexander threw in a tie I was comtemplating for free!
                [/quote]

Thats too cool. Any pictures?
                I'm sad Cloak is going away this year. Although I can't help but wonder if they would have done better if they lowered thier prices and retailed thier clothing at the now sale prices.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="broderick"]cloak sale was good to me too!

[/quote]

I'm sad Cloak is going away this year. Although I can't help but wonder if they would have done better if they lowered thier prices and retailed thier clothing at the now sale prices.

[/quote]

Don't discount the legal trouble Alex hinted at in his interview with men.style.com. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the real reason.

I went to the sample sale and I got to observe a little bit of what people were buying, and I have to say I could see Alex being disappointed. There were so a lot of tailored stuff left at peanut prices while everybody was going for the still expensive jeans and hoodies (of which 0 was left by the time I was walking out). It seems that everyone forgot that Alex is a great tailor and the point of view of Cloak was to incorporate traditional tailored stuff with streetwear. Anyway, I got a pair of super 120's wool pants with tuxedo buttons on back pockets for $45, and there were about 10 more pairs left.

Atelier sale sounds tempting, kamsky. Albert better catch an early bus to NYC.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Haha, my heart skipped for a moment when I got that e-mail from A.

Definitely going by there today (currently in Williamsburg)!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Casius"][quote user="broderick"]cloak sale was good to me too!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't discount the legal trouble Alex hinted at in his interview with men.style.com. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the real reason.

I went to the sample sale and I got to observe a little bit of what people were buying, and I have to say I could see Alex being disappointed. There were so a lot of tailored stuff left at peanut prices while everybody was going for the still expensive jeans and hoodies (of which 0 was left by the time I was walking out). It seems that everyone forgot that Alex is a great tailor and the point of view of Cloak was to incorporate traditional tailored stuff with streetwear. Anyway, I got a pair of super 120's wool pants with tuxedo buttons on back pockets for $45, and there were about 10 more pairs left.

[/quote]

Yea, it seems most people go for the more streetwear type clothing. I personally love his suits and the super 120 jacket & trousers were one of my favorites of his. Faust, did they have any suit blazers there to go with the trousers?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

dark said there was a tux still there - any idea on the $?

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Casius"][quote user="broderick"]cloak sale was good to me too!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Those are some pretty steep discounts at Atelier - basically 20 - 30% of retail? I'm sorely tempted. But I'm also avoiding going there - I'm saving up for things from Japan instead. However, if anyone has a report of the finds, I'll be happy to live vicariously.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Casius, the blazers were there, but I did not check out the prices. Coldrice, there was one some tuxes, I think around $300.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i'm certain the cloak sample sale will happen again, especially after s/s07, since i'm assuming there's still decent stock leftover.

i'm hoping there'll still be some stuff at atelier when i get there next weekend. when i stopped by the other day, they still had some heavy hitting rick owens shit that looked good, but cost a pretty penny even at 60%. i'm sure 80% will tip the scale for me though.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• sbw4224
                                • Sep 2006

I ended up going to NYC today. I made it to the Cloak sale around 11:30 and spent the next 45 minutes trying on pants. If they had any single button suit jackets in Large I would have grabbed them in a second, but alas, they didn't have my size. I ended up buying two pairs of Cloak pants, the 120s Faust bought, and one that is a bit wider legged with a single pleat down the middle in a sort of brushed black cotton. At Atelier I grabbed a RO textured wool coat at 70 percent off. I would recommend going to A as they do still have a lot there. Yohji is still at 40 off, and Nom de Guerre has some sort of annoying unspoken sale going on with their mainline, but according to the very unhelpful SA, the % off would be determined by whatever I was interested in, so I didn't get any good information.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎