X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: F/W 06 Sales

I know! I thought I was done buying until next sale season in November! But then luisaviaroma wenton sale and I got some Ann D, thenI come here and there's the Cloak sample sale, then Cloak final markdown, now theBarney's sale coming up. I need a break!

[quote user="Faust"]

BARNEYS WAREHOUSE SALE NYC

From Feb 15th to March 4th (just got the flyer in my mail).

Man, I feel like this shit never stops - NO MORE BARGAINS, PLEASE!!!

[/quote]
    music

Comment

• drexl
      • Sep 2006

Damn, that sounds sweet. What can we expect to find there? Any Balenciaga/Ann D./Cloak from this winter by any chance?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="drexl"]Damn, that sounds sweet. What can we expect to find there? Any Balenciaga/Ann D./Cloak from this winter by any chance?
        [/quote]

No Ann D - it's amazing how well her menswear has been doing in New York since the standalone menswear show. I can't quite put my finger on why. Is it because the menswear now got more looks because of the separate show? I think it's definitely part of it - let's face it, 99% men don't give a damn about fashion as an artistic experience, they just either want clothes or well-made clothes. Another part is maybe because she started doing less edgy stuff (boooo!) that's now more accessble? As far as other stuff, maybe a piece here and there, but really not worth digging through piles of shit.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Register here (just your email) and PayPal will give you $15 REBATE (they will deposit it in your PayPal account by May 28) on any $30+ purchase to any store that accepts PayPal from today through March 31, that means Ebay and Yoox for us. Can be used ONLY ONCE.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

thanks faust ^

Comment

• Rial
              • Dec 2006

Hi
              Someone here can buy this for me?
              T-shirt in size Small and Black
              Scarf in Black

It's from Neil Barrett Fall 06

I'm looking for this on sale

Let me know

I can pay with paypal
              Thanks

Comment

• soultek
                • Feb 2007

this thread is dangerous.

Comment

• minomni
                  • Oct 2006

anyone venture to guess whether or notit'd be worthwhile to make a trip to nyc on the weekend of the 23rd - the 2nd weekend of the barney's warehouse sale? is it typically cleaned out by the end of thefirst weekend? must stay in austin for marathon on the 18th [:(]

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Faust can probably answer better, but in my experience, the Barney's warehouse sale is rarely worth it to begin with. It's just the sale leftovers, which are usually pretty picked over...
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

it really differs year in, year out. i can tell you during the first week, if it's not to late. i would say no, if you are coming from austin just for that. based on what i've seen in barneys, i think the only worthwhile things will be to go for are NDC footwear for men (and maybe an odd pair of Cloak boots), and Ann Dem/Henry Cuir footwear for women. Or if you want a good suit, which you probably don't. Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I go there for footwear for my wife mostly, footwear and every-day pair of jeans for myself if I'm lucky, and for stuff for our daughter (who is always the luckiest of us). Yes, I did score an LMaltieri cashmere knit cardigan for $150, but deals like that happen once every 10 years. I'd be hardpressed to travel even from Boston. But, like I said, I can report week one, I usually go to see if it's worth coming back.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soultek
                        • Feb 2007

If the Barney's sale in NYC is anything like the one in LA, don't bother. I was at the last LA one within hours of them opening the doors and there wasn't anything interesting there. I feel like stylists and such get first crack before it's open to the public

Comment

• minomni
                          • Oct 2006

i see. i also wanted to take a look at some of the spring stuff of course, but i can do that a bit later in the season. thanks for the input guys, saved me from an impulsive and potentially disappointing shopping trip methinks.

Comment

• unmetro
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Register here (just your email) and PayPal will give you $15 REBATE (they will deposit it in your PayPal account by May 28) on any $30+ purchase to any store that accepts PayPal from today through March 31, that means Ebay and Yoox for us. Can be used ONLY ONCE.

[/quote]

Oh wow, thanks faust. I wish I checked thisforum sooner, before I placed my order last night...hehe

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Went to the Barney's Warehouse sale this morning. Wow, what a zoo! This was my first time, I almost made a special trip to NY in the past to go, but now I'm really glad I never bothered. I did find the one thing I went for, but it was still to much $$$. Don't they mark things down more as they go? Does anyone knowwhat the schedule is for markdowns? I may check on it again. I wasn't really in the mood to look through all the bins, the only memorable thing I saw that some may be interested in wasthe the Cloak cream shearling jacket that opened the FW 06 show in size M, L and XL. There was probably some other decent stuff to be had (lots of shoes!) but I guess I'm all saled out...
                              music

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

so what was the one thing you were there for? :)
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎