• Redhotaj
      • Jul 2012

Julius jacket with attached skirt

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        An alternating weave on either panel with a subtly controlled rolled edge. The yarn used is top notch and has a variated color throughout in this version. The black/gray version is overdyed so when worn the center seams show the whiteness. The rolled edges require you to adjust knitting tension as you create the hat.

The freeform hat can be worn several ways... I like to tuck in the top corner and leave the other out. Some folks wear it untucked and others with both tucked.

It's a great piece and shows the complexities within something so basic on the surface. Altieri really thought about all the facets from the construction on up for this hat.
        nice rundown. I have to say though that the darker versions look a lot better and bring out the detail/weave better.

I butchered mine by turning it into a regular beanie and it has since become my favourite headwear. I was initially worried of the soft cashmere breaking over time, but I've probably worn it several hundred times over the past 3-4 years, washed it in water many times and its like new, except for the alteration
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Carol2046
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Redhotaj View Post

Julius jacket with attached skirt

Got this blazer real cheap last year from Tokyo it looks so bad-ass when you wear it along with any of Julius' skorts/wrapped pants. Now wanting the FW12 skirted blazer real bad

Those denim cropped pants didn't work for me though....

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            nice rundown. I have to say though that the darker versions look a lot better and bring out the detail/weave better.

I butchered mine by turning it into a regular beanie and it has since become my favourite headwear. I was initially worried of the soft cashmere breaking over time, but I've probably worn it several hundred times over the past 3-4 years, washed it in water many times and its like new, except for the alteration

I definitely agree. I've owned (and unfortunately lost at least one) a few of the black/gray ones and I think those are the best. Right now my go-to hat though is the dark gray/black OD LMaltieri elf hat.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cmitso412
              • Feb 2010

Funny, my go-to right now is the light gray L'maltieri elf hat you sold me awhile back.

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
              I definitely agree. I've owned (and unfortunately lost at least one) a few of the black/gray ones and I think those are the best. Right now my go-to hat though is the dark gray/black OD LMaltieri elf hat.

Comment

• Redhotaj
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Carol2046 View Post
                Got this blazer real cheap last year from Tokyo it looks so bad-ass when you wear it along with any of Julius' skorts/wrapped pants. Now wanting the FW12 skirted blazer real bad

Those denim cropped pants didn't work for me though....

So you got the blazers from the boutique at daikinyama or where??
                What are the area for Julius clothing to shop in Tokyo? I planned to travel to Tokyo next year.

Comment

• Carol2046
                  • Mar 2012

So you got the blazers from the boutique at daikinyama or where??
                  What are the area for Julius clothing to shop in Tokyo? I planned to travel to Tokyo next year.

I got the blazer 2nd hand from Rinkan in Shibuya. I think the best places to look for Julius are:
                  1. Isetan Men in Shinjuku
                  2. LHP Harajuku and Shinjuku
                  3. Rinkan and Brandcollect in Shinjuku (both 2nd hand stores though)

The Daikanyama store was ok but they get sold out on everything so quickly there wasn't much to see or buy the last 2 times I visited. But seems they're selling some store-exclusive items there right now so you may be able to find those when you go there.

Comment

• Redhotaj
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Carol2046 View Post
                    I got the blazer 2nd hand from Rinkan in Shibuya. I think the best places to look for Julius are:
                    1. Isetan Men in Shinjuku
                    2. LHP Harajuku and Shinjuku
                    3. Rinkan and Brandcollect in Shinjuku (both 2nd hand stores though)

The Daikanyama store was ok but they get sold out on everything so quickly there wasn't much to see or buy the last 2 times I visited. But seems they're selling some store-exclusive items there right now so you may be able to find those when you go there.
                    Great! Will do some homework on location. Btw when will be best time to head down.

Comment

• Carol2046
                      • Mar 2012

Great! Will do some homework on location. Btw when will be best time to head down.

Isetan you can go from 10am ’coz it’s a department store. For the others, it’s safer to go after 12pm. PM me if you can’t find any of the addresses.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

Not a purchase, but a find from the basement of the house my brother closed on last week...

previous owner said he got it in hawaii in the late 1950s...fits me like a glove...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• HWith
                          • May 2007

Is it an original Schott Perfecto?

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

Either way, despite the phone a great picture

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

needz moar zipperz

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

hmmm...can't say I'm a fan of leather jackets that still look like the animal carcass.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎