X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Hey, you're quite welcome, glad you liked it in my pic! I'm really enjoying the jacket, it feels very comfy and it's perfect for the warm winter we've been having. Something I'm discovering that I really like about my recent Ann D. purchases is that because they're supposed to be sort of relaxed and worn in, I don't have to worry about them at all when I'm wearing them. Sometimes nice clothes can be a bit too precious and I worry too much about messing them up, but I have a feeling much of Ann's clothes will look just as good or better with age.
    music

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Hey, you're quite welcome, glad you liked it in my pic! I'm really enjoying the jacket, it feels very comfy and it's perfect for the warm winter we've been having. Something I'm discovering that I really like about my recent Ann D. purchases is that because they're supposed to be sort of relaxed and worn in, I don't have to worry about them at all when I'm wearing them. Sometimes nice clothes can be a bit too precious and I worry too much about messing them up, but I have a feeling much of Ann's clothes will look just as good or better with age.[/quote]

Yes, they will! Some of my Ann's pieces are 6-7 years old.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Faust, you look great!!! Lovely birthday prezzies.
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]Faust, you look great!!! Lovely birthday prezzies.
          [/quote]

Thank you!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

I actually got these before Christmas, but forgot to post. Hussein Chalayan S/S 06 shoes, but in a very pale greenish color w/ blue knots.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I really love those, laika. I wanted to get them for Mrs. Faust, but couldn't find the right size. I was really smitten the first time I saw them. Did you get them at Tootsi?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

I did! I was totally astounded when I saw them there--practically giddy with excitement. I still haven't figured out what the deal is with that, since I have never seen Chalayan shoes there before, and these are from the summer. Do you think they got someone's overstock or something? I would love to think they will continue to carry them, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They were cheap too.

Have you checked with both OTP stores for the size?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I did! I was totally astounded when I saw them there--practically giddy with excitement. I still haven't figured out what the deal is with that, since I have never seen Chalayan shoes there before, and these are from the summer. Do you think they got someone's overstock or something? I would love to think they will continue to carry them, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They were cheap too.

Have you checked with both OTP stores for the size?

[/quote]

No, I noly checked the one on Lafayette. You know, I think I did mention Tootsi having those shoes on this forum, because I knew that you and droogist are interested. Or at least I meant to [:^)] I'm really glad you found them regardless.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yesterday I bought a couple of knits by Roberto Collina. Extra fine merino wool, really incredible fabric - with small quirky details (suede elbow patches, upturned cuffs, etc.) on sale at Century 21, which made them H&M/Uniqlo prices - it was ridiculous. I love that store.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Faust, those sound so nice. I was just admiring some Roberto Collina stuff at Flying A.

Did Century have anything new, or was it mostly clearance? I generally don't have much luck there, and by the end of season, everything nice is usually pretty wrecked.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Faust, those sound so nice. I was just admiring some Roberto Collina stuff at Flying A.

Did Century have anything new, or was it mostly clearance? I generally don't have much luck there, and by the end of season, everything nice is usually pretty wrecked.

[/quote]

In mens they only had one rack of new stuff, by JPG. I did not go to womens, but I will soon (they usually have a good Chalayan womens line up, no?). I've had lots of luck at Century, but that's because men in general suck at shopping[:P] I am waiting for james pearse tshirts to get to $10 a pop next [<:o)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

Damn New Yorkers. American Apparel shirts don't even get to $10 here, and they're completely shit quality.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

agreed. i can't find anything locally...

for the holidays from myself:

+ ccp overlock jacket

+ rick owens shearling

+ n(n) wallet chain

+ 5 lbs of weight from stuffing my face in hong kong, vietnam, and thailand. =)

+ i got some other stuff that is 'more interesting' since they're
                            things made by random designers and hilltribe people, i'll post
                            pictures later when i'm not lazy.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                              • Sep 2006

great jacket! how does the leather feel? please post a pic of the jacket being worn when you have the chance.

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

agreed. i can't find anything locally...

for the holidays from myself:

+ ccp overlock jacket

[/quote]

New rule.

When you're holiday purchases include CCP, n(n), and Rick Owens, you don't get to complain anymore about not finding clothes.

I'm just messing with you Coldrice, great purchases.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎