X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

oo, good find. how's the neck warmer? do you just put it on over your head, or do you fasten it around the neck?
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

In keeping with the thread, I received my LMaltieri deep purple/black work coat in the mail today. Mixed feelings about it. Most annoying aspect is the fact that the original owner CUT THE BUTTON LOOPS OFF OF THE COAT!

What the fuck.

Very very annoying. Now I gotta fix it.

The coat itself is beautiful though so once it's able to close, it'll be one nice piece for cold weather if it ever decides to show up haha.

[/quote]

Is it the same as mine?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

coldrice, awesome pics. Like your purchases too, especially the trousers and the bracelet.

dbc, the coat is gorgeous!!!

This weekend:

Huge brown leather tote bag--Johnny Farah

Black wool jacket with triangular "hood" --Linea (with much credit to Faust, for tipping me off)[:)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Black wool jacket with triangular "hood" --Linea (with much credit to Faust, for tipping me off)[:)]

[/quote]

Ahoy, matie!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Mmm, it's a bit different (and longer). I'll get photos up after I fix the button loops issue. Still miffed about that one.

Laika! Linea?! Where'd you score it?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

Ahoy, matie!

[/quote]

LOL, yes, perhaps now I can begin to command some respect around here.... [:D]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]oo, good find. how's the neck warmer? do you just put it on over your head, or do you fasten it around the neck?
                [/quote]

You put it over your head and it bunches up around the neck. It's MUCH larger than you'd expect and when worn almost looks like you wrapped a scarf around your neck. it's really grown on me in the last day or so. I'll snap photos with the carpe coat once I get it fixed.

-A

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

Ahoy, matie!

[/quote]

LOL, yes, perhaps now I can begin to command some respect around here.... [:D]

[/quote]

I respect you, Linea or not! :-)

Albert, I was looking at that fucking thing - but it was absolutely useless on me unless I chose to wrap it twice around my neck. They had one in a brown colorway, it was really gorgeous knit - I've never seen a knit pattern like it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

oooo they had a brown one too? Must have sold :(

At first I thought it was going to be WAY too big but I put it on with a coat and it works perfectly really. The large circumference allows it to cover that upper chest portion that even a scarf doesn't quite cover with some coats and the fact that the neck warmer bunches up allows it to cover most of the neck one way or the other.

The funniest thing was that the black one apparently used to be shoved in the womens dept because some stocker thought it was a tube top. I remarked to one of the stockers that it would have been one ho'ed out tube top and we had a good laugh about it.

As for the $129 carpe pants, the only ones I saw that were that cheap were the ones that were actually pants linings. No way to close the waist. They had a bunch of weird leather pants (still way too much even at the c21 and then 33% off discount) and a jumpsuit which was just plain entertaining. Too bad it wasn't cheaper though because it could easily be converted into a coat. Just need a little bit of thread and a pair of scissors

.... and some balls to snip at some $3000 fabric.

Faust, do you have a link to the Linea piece Laika got? Love to see it.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Don't have one, but you might have remembered the leather mens version at Atelier. It has a triangular shaped pseudo-hood.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Ohhh, right right. Where did Laika get hers? Yahoo auctions?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

As for the $129 carpe pants, the only ones I saw that were that cheap were the ones that were actually pants linings. No way to close the waist. They had a bunch of weird leather pants (still way too much even at the c21 and then 33% off discount) and a jumpsuit which was just plain entertaining. Too bad it wasn't cheaper though because it could easily be converted into a coat. Just need a little bit of thread and a pair of scissors

[/quote]

these are the pants that jun posted before.

are they pants linings? doesn't appear that you can close the waist on them.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah they're pants linings. If you saw them in person you'd see that there are buttonholes along the waistband of these to be buttoned into the outer pants.

But hey, they look good on Jun as-is and if they stay up, then it's all good!

-A

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Yeah they're pants linings. If you saw them in person you'd see that there are buttonholes along the waistband of these to be buttoned into the outer pants.

But hey, they look good on Jun as-is and if they stay up, then it's all good!

-A

[/quote]

Yes, the dunces at Century21 actually took out the white inside of the pants and prices them as a separate pair (so actually what June got is not lining but the shell of the pants). The same pair still hangs at IF for some ungodly amount of money. The inside pants are much longer than the outside, meant to be severely bunched up.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Yes, the dunces at Century21 actually took out the white inside of the pants and prices them as a separate pair (so actually what June got is not lining but the shell of the pants).

[/quote]

that is ridiculously awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎