Re: Your recent purchases

Cloak twill selvedge pants

Nom De Guerre Maripol, Basquiat tee
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• dontbecruel
      • Sep 2006

This wool chalkstripe, one-button Raf Simons blazer arrived from Yoox today. I've been watching it for months and finally took the plunge at £168. It doesn't look like much in the photo, but it is fantastic on. At first glance it is a very conservative jacket, cut from traditional cloth. But there is something wrong/right about the way it hangs on the body, something you can't immediately put your finger on. The twist is it has slits at the side, right on the seam, instead of rear vents. This looks so great, especially when you walk in it, because the front swings slightly, floating separately from the rear.
      The cut is subtly reminiscent of a hasidic coat (rekel). Actually a lot of Antwerp clothes (Ann, Dries more than Raf, obviously) seem influenced by Hasidic dress to me, but that's a whole different topic...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ nice buy, dbc. i take it you've tried it on before?

I finally found a used copy of this - in my hands now. What a gorgeous book, I can't wait to read it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Actually no. I'd seen some more pics of it on yahoo auctions that made me interested enough to want to try it once it got seriously reduced with free shipping, but I didn't expect to love it anywhere near as much as I do. The beautiful cut around the shoulders and lapel is a close cousin of that short one button single/double breasted jacket that casem bought and returned. Wish I could afford that one too (and most of the rest of the AW0506 stuff on Yoox) but I'm trying to stick to practical clothes that i can wear every day at the moment.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Actually no. I'd seen some more pics of it on yahoo auctions that made me interested enough to want to try it once it got seriously reduced with free shipping, but I didn't expect to love it anywhere near as much as I do. The beautiful cut around the shoulders and lapel is a close cousin of that short one button single/double breasted jacket that casem bought and returned. Wish I could afford that one too (and most of the rest of the AW0506 stuff on Yoox) but I'm trying to stick to practical clothes that i can wear every day at the moment.

[/quote]

Cool - I hope it looks great on you.

What's the free shipping code now? I need to buy a present for my Mom.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Cool - I hope it looks great on you.

What's the free shipping code now? I need to buy a present for my Mom.

[/quote]

I think it looks great! (I've been swanning around in it all day). Free shipping was a one-off on New Year's Eve I think, without a code. Sorry.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

ENJOYOOX

ebates reminder ;) i don't think anyone has used it yet. i've already gotten $100 back from them!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

ENJOYOOX

ebates reminder ;) i don't think anyone has used it yet. i've already gotten $100 back from them!

[/quote]

Thanks. I'm a dumbass, I kept putting the code in as ENJOYYOOX. I tried using Ebates, it stalled my shopping cart and I could not proceed. I wonder what their story is - they
                  probably track and sell your consumer actitivities. I don't mind.
                  They used to do spyware.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

The CCP overlock trousers. (sorry, got lazy and used Faust's image)

Carpe Diem freeform hat (This thing is genius. I passed my first one on to Coldrice because I didn't realize how it could be worn!)

Carpe Diem neck warmer (or small woman's shawl-thing... the jury is still out hahaha). Feels nice!

Will snap photos of the Linea shirt soon....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

You are shitting me! You got those CCP pants? How much?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LanceP
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Carpe Diem freeform hat (This thing is genius. I passed my first one on to Coldrice because I didn't realize how it could be worn!)

Will snap photos of the Linea shirt soon....

[/quote]

Oh, what up Mass Ave? Haha, nice pickups though, for sure; were they all on sale at Alan? How much did the C Diem hat run you, by the way, if you don't mine me asking? Would love to see pics of the Linea shirt too... let's see it.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i guess i probably can't see it from that angle, but what makes the hat free form? is it like a wrap?
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

its just a rectangle/square. you can tuck in the corners in a variety of ways to give it a different shape

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Heyyy Lance!

Only the hat was purchased at Alan, the pants and shirt were at Atelier.

Originally $315, the hat was 30% off so it came to about $215 post-taxes.

I'll get pix of the Linea shirt up soon.

Agent L, word on the street is that you picked up the Linea leather jacket at A, care to share some photos? It was a SICK piece!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                                • Nov 2006

Raf Simons Electric blue polyesther turtleneck... the S/S ones will be 30$ more expensive than this season's retail :(

Acne S/S tee... super super nice. Long and airy with short, but not too short sleeves.

Shoe trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎