• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    I find that he has a very different shape and fit (high waist, open cuffs and slight flare to the arms - very 'rockstar', works best on a muscular body type - ie: broad shoulders+chest) compared to just about anyone else, so in that sense I very much welcome the addition of Rick's blazers to his collections and I think they work very well with his other pieces.

That said, tailoring is not his strong suite but I usually like his choice of fabrics and the zippered inside pockets.
    I agree, but I am more curious to understand the point mass is making - that his tailored blazers and pants fit within his aesthetic. It seems that Rick is all about as casual as it can get, so the blazers/tailored pants seem to not fit. BTW, considering that Rick always wears his own stuff, has anyone ever seen a picture of him in a blazer?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MCC1528
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I agree, but I am more curious to understand the point mass is making - that his tailored blazers and pants fit within his aesthetic. It seems that Rick is all about as casual as it can get, so the blazers/tailored pants seem to not fit. BTW, considering that Rick always wears his own stuff, has anyone ever seen a picture of him in a blazer?
      tada!

Comment

• Jon
        • Apr 2008

I think the key is the proportions that the jacket is cut to. it gives a relaxed feel and you end up more with Rick's laid-back glam-rock feel than 'stiff blazer'. I haven't personally seen tailored pants from Rick, so I'll reserve judgement on that...

EDIT: seeing Rick in a blazer is a trip...
        Originally posted by merz
        perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mac81586 View Post
          tada!

Thanks! Looks kinda awkward...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I think the key is the proportions that the jacket is cut to. it gives a relaxed feel and you end up more with Rick's laid-back glam-rock feel than 'stiff blazer'. I haven't personally seen tailored pants from Rick, so I'll reserve judgement on that...
            Maybe, maybe. The pants give off the same vibe, pretty relaxed for the most part. I haven't tried any one, because I've never found them appealing.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jon
              • Apr 2008

^ yeah. I don't think Rick looks good on me at all. the jackets just exagerrate my skinny frame further, but you can just tell when someone is going to looks killer in it and I have to say that I was really impressed with the blazer we got last season. Beautiful silk/cotton fabric, and half-lined. Olmar & Mirta
              Originally posted by merz
              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

I think Rick likes to play with typical ideas on tailored and refined pieces and where their place is in modern dress, pulling them into his aesthetic in a natural way. In AW06 most models wore the exaggerated tuxedo stripped pants tucked into his hightops, same thing with the boxy double breasted jackets and baggy shorts in SS08. A way of liberating the garments from their social conceptions.

To comment on the quality of the pants, I actually have collected a decent range of his pants and I have to say the tailored stuff is top notch, I have the AW06 tuxedo pants and a classic pair of his super slim trousers. The fit is perfect and the level of finish on the inside is really nice, but again the retail prices on his pants are insane, often in the $500-$1000 range, more than any other designer I have seen [aside from ccp and that lot].
                Last edited by andrewislasorad; 10-04-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Those "workout" styled pantsfrom S/S 08 that I was looking for are still $450 at half off at Komakino. I was considering it but honestly that's too much for pants in my opinion, especially ones apparently as simple as those (admittedly have not seen them in person).
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

decided I'm definitely keeping this, taking it to the tailor this week to sharpen up the fit:

kazuyuki kumagai linen blend coat

Comment

• JSebbe
                      • Mar 2008

Well that saved me a bunch of bucks!
                      Let me know if you need cash or something and considering selling it again.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
                        decided I'm definitely keeping this, taking it to the tailor this week to sharpen up the fit:

kazuyuki kumagai linen blend coat
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                          • May 2008

p.nod your persuasion abilities are great ;)

Comment

• Wiggles
                            • Sep 2008

Stopped in at the Manhattan RO store today at last... just got come basics (very excited though, first RO purchase ever) and dying for a sweater and those hi tops of his... being a poor student sucks

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

black silk leggings- they have slightly thicker seams that run down the back of the leg that twist to the side

black cotton pants with some funky snap details
                              both daryl K

i her silk leggings. can not help myself when i see them...
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Viridi-Anne multi gloves in sz 1

<3<3<3<3<3

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍