X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Piffen
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
    They should be about right, could be I'm off by a bit on few things as it's about a week since I was there, but mostly those prices should be about right. And yes, that's including VAT. Unfortunately though, I don't think there is all that much left there now though and I got the impression the buy wasn't all that big in he first place.
    Yeah, the prices are correct, more or less anyway, I was surprised since this was far cheaper then I expected. I was there two days ago and they only had three hoodies and two jackets left. One of the jackets had a seriously fucked up shoulder seam - I don't get how they missed that one..

Recent purchase:
    A pair of mittens at the Nörgaard shop.

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

A half case of 750ml Chimay and a full case of Chimay in Magnums. Need to purchase a case double mags. The economy sucks, but it doesn't mean life can't be good! haha! Blue label Chimay is where it's at folks.
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
        A half case of 750ml Chimay and a full case of Chimay in Magnums. Need to purchase a case double mags. The economy sucks, but it doesn't mean life can't be good! haha! Blue label Chimay is where it's at folks.
        Down with blue chips, up with blue labels?
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post

i would love a pair of these just to completely indulge myself. ahh they would feel so nice...
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Down with blue chips, up with blue labels?
            I don't know about Chimay, but when it comes down to blended scotch i have always been of the stance johnnie walker black is superior to the oft overrated blue.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Orochian
              • Sep 2006

I share the same distaste for local fashion magazines, especially those geared toward men. They're basically nothing advertorials with ensembles taken directly from the runways or lookbooks, and encourage people to follow "trends" as a means of keeping up appearances rather than developing their own sensibilities. Occassionally Milk X has some decent photography, but their writing is beyond juvenile. I attribute that to this city's long-standing indifference for linguistics. And don't even get me started on Wyman....

I'm slightly more optimistic about our consumers though, or it may just be that I'm fortunate enough to have bumped into some truly stylish individuals who exist in that rarified stratus you alluded to. I'm also happy to see some of the most obscure niche labels being carried by apparently mainstream stores - somewhere out there in this fad-obsessed city of ours must be a lot of discerning clotheswhores.

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              You know, this is a subject I think about quite often...your statement is a point of view I would like to agree with, however, when week in week out (i browse East Touch and Milk pretty much every week at Circle K) the magazines continue to spread knowledge regarding clothing (especially on the high fashion level) in a spoon feeding to a toddler manner, and then seeing how the average local fashionista approaches their style through observing people on the streets in those high profile areas like Central, TST, CWB...I think the market may not be as clued in as what you mentioned, which probably exists as a demographic in HK, but is probably in the most rarefied stratus.

Even a hardcore fashion fan like Wyman Wong, who I would not be surprised if he is a lurker on these boards, writes in a manner that suggests the reader is not too clued in and has to be educated step by step...

Come to think of it, I am not really a fan of any fashion magazine, i find most of them to be pretty shallow and don't match the depth of discussion that can be found on the boards...to me their purpose is mostly photography and probably some articles on culture, lifestyle and "the scene." But Hong Kong does not even have a magazine on the level of "V Man" or "Another Man"

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by kira View Post
                i would love a pair of these just to completely indulge myself. ahh they would feel so nice...
                hell yea, I was copping a feel of them (empty ones) and they felt quite royal indeed
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  I don't know about Chimay, but when it comes down to blended scotch i have always been of the stance johnnie walker black is superior to the oft overrated blue.
                  I meant Chimay, hadn't even thought about JW Blue Label. I find that scotch highly overrated.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

I meant Chimay, hadn't even thought about JW Blue Label. I find that scotch highly overrated.
                    overrated or overpriced
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      overrated or overpriced
                      Both. It's a fairly generic scotch, inoffensive but undistinguished. It's not very peaty, smokey, sweet, smooth, complex, it's just kind of a "nice" scotch. This strikes me as overrated. Also, it's barely better than black label, that strikes me as overpriced.

Off the top of my head, better scotches at lower cost are: Tomoultin (sp), Talisker, Lagavulin (16, 12, 30 for same price), Laphroig, glenrothes 12 or older, Bruichladdich, and, well I could go on for days, I've got a book full of scotch tasting notes somewhere. I think even JW Green Label blows blue label out of the water.

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Both. It's a fairly generic scotch, inoffensive but undistinguished. It's not very peaty, smokey, sweet, smooth, complex, it's just kind of a "nice" scotch. This strikes me as overrated. Also, it's barely better than black label, that strikes me as overpriced.

Off the top of my head, better scotches at lower cost are: Tomoultin (sp), Talisker, Lagavulin (16, 12, 30 for same price), Laphroig, glenrothes 12 or older, Bruichladdich, and, well I could go on for days, I've got a book full of scotch tasting notes somewhere. I think even JW Green Label blows blue label out of the water.
                        Is that true? The 30 for the same price as the 12.16? How much for a bottle of 30 year Lagavulin where you live? Might need you to proxy for me. Hands down my favorite of the single malts.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                          Is that true? The 30 for the same price as the 12.16? How much for a bottle of 30 year Lagavulin where you live? Might need you to proxy for me. Hands down my favorite of the single malts.
                          Ack, no no, for about the same price as Blue Label. I live in Tennessee right now, everything is crazy expensive here.

EDIT: It looks like it sold out everywhere, and I should treasure my bottle even more. sigh.

Comment

• unujnha
                            • Sep 2008

here r my recent purchases

julius

n(n)

lanvin

lacoste
                            "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

/\man, I love that n(n) necklace, but I could never pull it off.

Gotcha. that bottle is most definitely to be treasured Jeff.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• JSebbe
                                • Mar 2008

I want that julius. :$ But I dunno about the sizes, so I just havent pulled the trigger to buy it.

Like that n(n) as well, but I just get too much vampire-killer-vibe from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎