X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

Prince of Cats, I remember those APC suede plimsolls now. They were pretty expensive I think.

The South Molton Street shop you and Faust are talking about is called Vertice isn't it? Another one of these pompous leather goods and man jewellery shops. Hate it, but then I hate The Library too. Vertice do stock a lot of Y's For Men, however, and if only Y's was reasonably priced I would wear it every day.

By the way, the sales assistant at Vertice told me that they were asked personally by Yohji to stock Y's For Men when he pulled the concession from Selfridges a couple of seasons ago. Apparently he wants the Conduit Street shop to be pushing Y3 more visibly (bizarre choice for Mayfair clientele, but anyway...). I assumed this was just the idiotic SA trying to impress me, but he was right: Y's has been relegated to the basement in the Yohji shop and they only ordered 1 size of a lot of the nice pieces this season (BIG, of course). Meanwhile there's a huge gleaming orange Y3 sign in the shop window.

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
      • Jan 2007

To be fair, Mayfair is full of bizarre people.

The APCs were £65-70. Cheap compared to Ann D I guess... (As you've probably guessed, I'm replying to a post from another thread, don't ask me how this happened, see it as a Joycean literary experiment if you will.)

the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]

The APCs were £65-70. Cheap compared to Ann D I guess... (As you've probably guessed, I'm replying to a post from another thread, don't ask me how this happened, see it as a Joycean literary experiment if you will.)

[/quote]

For the proper circular Finnegan's Wake effect you now need to reply to this in Faust and zamb's scary hype thread. Don't fear, I will find you!

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

I actually just read an article about a month ago saying that one-third of all new real estate purchased in Mayfair are Russian buyers. I can definitely see that new type of wealthy-Euro crowd loving brands like Y-3 more than Y's, etc. I'll be living in London this summer, so I'll have to check it out. Last time I was at the London Yohji store it was fairly non-descript. Aren't they pushing Y-3 in the Yohji boutique in NYC and moving the rest out? If I can recall correctly, that's what one of the SA's told me.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Prince of Cats, I remember those APC suede plimsolls now. They were pretty expensive I think.

The South Molton Street shop you and Faust are talking about is called Vertice isn't it? Another one of these pompous leather goods and man jewellery shops. Hate it, but then I hate The Library too. Vertice do stock a lot of Y's For Men, however, and if only Y's was reasonably priced I would wear it every day.

By the way, the sales assistant at Vertice told me that they were asked personally by Yohji to stock Y's For Men when he pulled the concession from Selfridges a couple of seasons ago. Apparently he wants the Conduit Street shop to be pushing Y3 more visibly (bizarre choice for Mayfair clientele, but anyway...). I assumed this was just the idiotic SA trying to impress me, but he was right: Y's has been relegated to the basement in the Yohji shop and they only ordered 1 size of a lot of the nice pieces this season (BIG, of course). Meanwhile there's a huge gleaming orange Y3 sign in the shop window.

[/quote]

He wasn't lying. Yohji asked Atelier to carry the main line, so they clear more space for Y's and Y-3. The new Yohji shop for the mainline is going up in the meatpacking district, but he wanted to retain presence in Soho.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"][quote user="PrinceOfCats"]

[/quote]

For the proper circular Finnegan's Wake effect you now need to reply to this in Faust and zamb's scary hype thread. Don't fear, I will find you!

[/quote]

Don't forget obscure cultural differences and unusual sentence structures... you can dispense with punctuation while you are at it...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

southwillard put some bless pieces up on their site.

http://www.southwillard.com/designers/mens/bless/

the prices are out of control! $600 for a scarf? it's interesting, but no fuckingthanks.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

thanks for the link chris

prices are pretty nuts. stuff looks nice, but nothing that exciting.

I wonder what the prices are like in Germany for example..?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

the prices are downright insulting. I can't believe that the stuff is actually selling out....who buys these things for these amounts of money? [*-)]
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]the prices are downright insulting. I can't believe that the stuff is actually selling out....who buys these things for these amounts of money? [*-)]
                      [/quote]

That's how I feel.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

I'm confused, I saw this bag for around 350$ in Tokyo, which I thought was pretty steep for it at the time for it.

The prices are weird on that site, but I agree that it's getting out of control, it's getting up there with all the overpriced labels.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Yea, those prices are absurd! Some of the pieces are nice looking but I don't know if they're worth the asking price. Also, South Willard takes forever to update thier site, so I bet they have had those Bless items for some time and just decided to put them up on the site now.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Bless I don't think sells well here in Berlin. My gf and I came across the Bless store here and it was small and a mess. I don't even know why the line is so "hot".... it's all meh to me.

The chain links bag was there along with various versions of it and other things... pricewise it was relatively reasonable and they were gearing up for a pretty big sale. This wasa few weeks ago... haven't gone back since.

Are they associated with APC? They were located next door to APC and used APC hangers as well.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

Bless was pretty slow to ship this season. I don't see how people are getting so outraged with these prices though, most of the pieces are priced "normally". There's much worse by Bless and by many many others. I guess most people here don't have much interest for the brand to start with... and that's ok.

Comment

• deuxmille
                                • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Bless I don't think sells well here in Berlin. My gf and I came across the Bless store here and it was small and a mess. I don't even know why the line is so "hot".... it's all meh to me.

The chain links bag was there along with various versions of it and other things... pricewise it was relatively reasonable and they were gearing up for a pretty big sale. This was a few weeks ago... haven't gone back since.

Are they associated with APC? They were located next door to APC and used APC hangers as well.

[/quote]

I don't think they have any association. Is it really so "hot" right now as you say? I've very seldom seen someone wear it and I've never seen them in magazines (not that I look either) or online.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎