• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

more updates to the A website..

lots of nice stuff this time around.. wish i had $.

ma+ hooded jacket is crazy. must be made of like 30 different pieces of fabric

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

wow, the ma+ stuff looks great. not feeling the underwear though. ;)
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

LOL, I love your assessment of Jeffrey. That store has an amazing range of designers but each one only has a small rack and lots of the buy is blah. There's a certain vibe there I can't put my finger on that creeps me out whenever I'm there... Maybe it's the gay cowboy thing...

Yeah, I checked IF and A, there's a certain blazer I was looking for but all the stores I've been too carry the same 2 or 3 jackets. I've given up on Ann for this season anyway, it's all so pricey and next season looks really good. After being out to all the stores countless times, the only collection I have any interest in this season is Cloak and even that isn't so great.

music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

LOL, I love your assessment of Jeffrey. That store has an amazing range of designers but each one only has a small rack and lots of the buy is blah. There's a certain vibe there I can't put my finger on that creeps me out whenever I'm there... Maybe it's the gay cowboy thing...

Yeah, I checked IF and A, there's a certain blazer I was looking for but all the stores I've been too carry the same 2 or 3 jackets. I've given up on Ann for this season anyway, it's all so pricey and next season looks really good. After being out to all the stores countless times, the only collection I have any interest in this season is Cloak and even that isn't so great.

[/quote]

Ditto, with the exception of the boots, if I score them at a steep discount.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Well, finally made my way up to LA to check out Maxfield and Maxfield Bleu. Here's my report;

Maxfield Bleu
            Meh! A few Drkshdw pieces including some pull over sweatshirts and short sleeve plain tees in grey. Rick Owens long sleeve in Caramel which looked awful when put on (maybe it was just me). There was very little in terms of footwear for men and all the rest of the clothes were Euro-trashy-esque.

Maxfield
            Absolutely love this store!

Rick Owens- A lot from Spring 07. Cotton flat front trousers, cotton jeans, tons of leather jackets, and every color in the tees. This season RO has a really cool pale purple-ish color that I might have to go back and pick up as it looked great. Prices were similar to Atelier; The tees were $5 less, the leather jacket was $125 more at Maxfield and the flat front trousers were $100 less. Really weird.

CCP- Small buy. Button up tops in white and pale grey. The pricing on the button ups was really weird. There were 5 different button ups in white and they ranged from $330-800! They had one overlock leather jacket in a cool white/grey color for $5300! No twist pants, only some standard trousers in black and charcoal. Two different colored blazers that everyone has seen in the CCP thread. As for footwear, they had the diagonal zip boots in black for $1350 and the lace up shoes for the same price as well as some others not worth mentioning.

Guidi- All the shoes Atelier ordered basically with the same pricing. I was very close to pulling the trigger on the donley leather boots but decided to wait.

Carpe- A few button ups for around $300-400, leather shirt for $2200-2400, and some footwear (no lace up boots, might have been sold already). They had a lot of the low lace up shoes in black and brown.

Harnden- Some really cool blazers and matching trousers that felt incredible for $800-1400. Some of the shoes looked cool, but for the money I liked the Guidi's more.

Edit; (don't know how I forgot this)
            Linea/LMaltieri- A lot of the long sleeve and short sleeve shirts. Personally, I thought they were just 'okay', and for the price I decided to put my money elsewhere, it also could have been the fact they don't really fit my long torso that well. The shirts seem to be made for shorter people and not so much someone who is 6'3". Tis life. They had one really cool jacket for a couple grand that felt like really washed, hard linen and the lining was really soft and the color was black. That was basically it though, no pants which I was kind of dissapointed about as those are some of my favorite pieces.

No Ann D. for men which I was dissapointed to find out. I didn't check out the Margiela too much but they seemed to have a pretty solid buy but nothing caught my eye. Also, didn't really check out the women's section but they did seem to have more women's clothing than men so when I get some more time I am definitely going to go back and spend some more time checking it all out.

The customer service was awesome! The lady that helped me out was great and was incredibly funny.

Also, I now HAVE to get that RO leather jacket. Incredibly soft leather and the inside was perfectly lined and it fit absolutely perfect on me. Hopefully one will be around towards sale time.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

funny, everyone i talk to about maxfield said they were really unfriendly but then again this was awhile ago. stuff doesn't really go on sale much there?

tried to go there once, drove all the way out - but went on a sunday and they were closed. looked cool from the outside though.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Casius, my offer on the RO leather jacket still stands :-)
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Casius, my offer on the RO leather jacket still stands :-)
                  [/quote]

Ha, If it were black Faust I would buy it! If you can make that happen then you know my number....errr...pm. [:)]
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• soultek
                    • Feb 2007

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

funny, everyone i talk to about maxfield said they were really unfriendly but then again this was awhile ago. stuff doesn't really go on sale much there?

tried to go there once, drove all the way out - but went on a sunday and they were closed. looked cool from the outside though.

[/quote]

They can be intimidating at first, but actually the two different people I've dealt with there are quite nice. One of them actually called me when the new Guidi arrivals came because he knew I liked them. I've never even bought anything there.

I'm still not 100% sure, (more like 80%) but I think nothing in Maxfield's goes on sale, they just move stuff to Maxfield's Bleu and mark it down there. Everything I've ever seen in Maxfield's Bleu was blah, there for a reason. I think twice a year they heavily discount (50-80%) the Bleu store and I think only at these sales is it worth buying the stuff that they have there.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

OK, so I kinda take back what I said about Jeffery, I just had a great experience there. I went back today to look at the KVA shirt again and see if the medium they have might work. The shoulders fit but it was too big and boxy on the body. BUT it turns out Jeffery does alterations for free! So they got the tailor in there and he really took the shirt apart, brought in the sides, put in back darts, slimmed the sleeve (it's short sleeved), I even asked him to shorten the shirt while he was at it so I could wear it untucked. The fit was just perfect when he was done and it's all free! The SA was also one of the nicest I've met, overall it was just a great shopping experience. I'll report back when I get the shirt (estimated 2 weeks) and post pics.

This is the shirt, I don't have any table cloth shirts but I thought this would be cute for summer, the breast pocket (you can't see) has white detail, some mag. I have has a better pic of it...

music

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

Maybe a weird question, but does anyone know which pants are in this picture? (you can view the whole serie here)

I guess it's ma+, but I haven't seen any that resemble that this summer, the texture seems very nice.

Comment

• ionn26
                          • Feb 2007

Casius.. I agree with you .. there is this lady at Maxfield who is SUPER friendly.. she is not very knowledgeable about CCP or rick Owen.. but man does she strive to please.. which I have to say.. yes a breath of fresh air for Maxfield. I agree with Coldrice.. Maxfield's attitude were literally SUCK... but I have to say they do not call you though.. they just have enough clients to buy their stuff anyway...

Yes RO leather jacket is AMAZING.. buttery soft.. I think A has one that is by horseleather this season..which has the silver shine on their link you can see it.. pretty cool I thought

making a note for myself: GOT TO STOP BUYING LEATHER JACKET[:P] After I am done with buying 3 CCP leather jacket this season!!!WAHAHAHA[6] Now I will be utterly bankrupt.. [:'(]

As with Jeffreys.. yes the good old Jeffrey... really good customer service but very bland buy. Why can't anyone in the USA have great buy and great customer service like Japan and Paris... Thank god I don't live in Either country or city... otherwise I will be living on the street with RO and CCP stuff... heheheh

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]Maybe a weird question, but does anyone know which pants are in this picture? (you can view the whole serie here)

I guess it's ma+, but I haven't seen any that resemble that this summer, the texture seems very nice.

[/quote]

it is m.a.+ - i can tell by the exposed eye.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

/\
                              Yeah, but is it from this season? That more what I was wondering...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]/\
                                Yeah, but is it from this season? That more what I was wondering...

[/quote]

yessir

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎