• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
    Please dont tell me you're in the PUA community

I've seen your h&m legs warmer x ro outfit.
    Wherever and whenever you pick-up, your face is like cheating.
    I was briefly about 10 years ago - not so much to pick up girls as to improve myself as a person. Also I was very insterested in social dynamics, body language and the like. I learned a lot about human interaction and about myself, which was great. I never used any 'techniques' as such though, I just found it all very intriguing.

Whenever I pick up girls, be it on the street, at uni, at a club or online, I'm just very straight forward, and it usually works just fine. I'm very picky when it comes to girls, so if I see one I like, I can't let myself be limited by the venue. It was one of the important lessons I learned during my brief study of PUA'ing.

Comment

• qazwsx
      • Feb 2012

Yea those stuff also improved me from a real nerd to a normal person(at least that's what I perceive so far). From a weird guy learning how to dress normal > learning how to get accepted > developed own aesthetics > SZ > calibrating and framing. Id even say PUA totally changed how i think, how i talk and how i dress. There are quite a few defaults in mystery method as mystery is a women hater himself and there are hundreds of new mentors bitching him. Adam Lyons system is pretty cool and he does have the healthy moral standard toward relationship. I guess only good looking people can play the direct approach well just like only older guys with beard can pull off Paul harnden.
      "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

thats to both of yous.

Comment

• kuriz
          • Nov 2010

^

I chuckled :D

Years ago I read 'The Game' and found it very entertaining. But, and this is a question for you guys who were in contact with the PUA community, isn't the truth about that whole PUA-thing that there's nothing stated in those pickup women books that people don't know already? What I remember thinking was that the main problem for PUAs and that whole movement is how unsexy it is that there are actual words and terms for what you do - yet, all guys still does it. Most guys are just not aware it's called a HB10 and not "wow this girl is hot!". :)

Comment

• Atom
            • Sep 2009

I had to google pua. Now I look exactly like Ice Cube above.

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

Well. If you ask:

Can a bit of studying turn an awkward nerd to a socially intelligent and outgoing guy who knows how to deal with women? Then the answer is definitely yes, and I've seen it several times.

For a lot people much of the stuff in the books is something they knew already, but some guys aren't that lucky. Also, even if much of the stuff is actually common sense, what's important is to be actively aware of those things and not just know them somewhat subconsciously.

I've always been good with girls and had probably laid 30 girls in two years before my interest in 'the game' (not the book; the movement) - but studying psychology, bodylanguage, social dynamics, self improvement techniques etc. really improved my pick-up rate. And not only just that. It helped me become a much more social, outgoing guy who people like being around, and who can connect with people quickly in various circumstances. It's not just about picking up girls. It's about becoming a more open, social, outgoing, fun and amiable guy. That alone attracts girls.

Now I think we've derailed this thread enough. :-)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Haha, me too! There are forums for that! Fascinating!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Haha, me too! There are forums for that! Fascinating!
                  It's weird, I actually thought everyone knew about it. The Game (the book) has been on so many best-seller lists, featured in talkshows, magazines et cetera. But I guess you don't watch that many talkshows and read cheap magazines .

In Denmark we had a 'The Game' craze some years ago where it was EVERYWHERE.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

wtf. seriously. wtf.

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                    Well. If you ask:

Can a bit of studying turn an awkward nerd to a socially intelligent and outgoing guy who knows how to deal with women? Then the answer is definitely yes, and I've seen it several times.

For a lot people much of the stuff in the books is something they knew already, but some guys aren't that lucky. Also, even if much of the stuff is actually common sense, what's important is to be actively aware of those things and not just know them somewhat subconsciously.

I've always been good with girls and had probably laid 30 girls in two years before my interest in 'the game' (not the book; the movement) - but studying psychology, bodylanguage, social dynamics, self improvement techniques etc. really improved my pick-up rate. And not only just that. It helped me become a much more social, outgoing guy who people like being around, and who can connect with people quickly in various circumstances. It's not just about picking up girls. It's about becoming a more open, social, outgoing, fun and amiable guy. That alone attracts girls.

Now I think we've derailed this thread enough. :-)

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      wtf. seriously. wtf.
                      It's a great feeling when I post a long informative post and you reply with that. I guess that's the internet, though.

EDIT: And I don't even know what's wtf about it. I just wrote that becoming aware of yourself in your social interactions may help you. What's wtf about that - really.

Comment

• kuriz
                        • Nov 2010

You're right, this thread is for something else but I'd just like to comment on this anyway:

Obviously it's important to be actively aware of the social trends surrounding you, but it is also already at this early stage it for a lot of people will get mechanical and very unnatural. I've read the argument before that PUA to a lot of people is more about discovering and working with yourself as an individual, but just saying something like this out loud already makes that whole boy-girl flirting (game) interaction unattractive and unsexy, and something not to wish for - or at least this is what I feel. And I do think this is quite a shame because, as you mentioned, not all guys are aware of these social games or as good looking longhaired viking as yourself ;-)

Comment

• HWith
                          • May 2007

^

Well, it's only mechanical to start with. After some time it just becomes a natural part of yourself and you stop thinking about it - like riding a bicycle or playing tetris . Some people are lucky and are great with people without having to put in any effort or think about it - others are not. Maybe they were shy when they were young and never got to be around other people too much and that sticks when they get older - now they have a chance to do something about it. It may seem a bit artificial learning it from a book, but people skill are not something you're born with (or without) - it's something you can acquire, and it's probably one of the most important skills a person can posses. That's why everybody should a least have a chance of learning it!

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2011

Well. If you ask:

lol no. you cant honestly believe this. being "socially intelligent" is the last thing you can learn from "a bit of studying".

and "dealing with women" (as if theyre from another planet or something)? that phrase just makes me cringe.

Comment

• HWith
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                              lol no. you cant honestly believe this. being "socially intelligent" is the last thing you can learn from "a bit of studying".

and "dealing with women" (as if theyre from another planet or something)? that phrase just makes me cringe.
                              What, don't you know that women are from Venus?!

First off, I don't like your attitude, but that aside, it's not about believing, it's about knowing. I don't believe - I know, as I've seen it several times.

And who said "a bit of studying" - I didn't, so please don't write as if you're quoting me.

Of course social intelligence is something that can be learned. Do you really think that some people are magically borne with it, that either you have it or not? That is nonsense.

Cringe all you want, but your post is really void of anything but your opinion, and as such it doesn't really have any value.

Still, let's take a simple and fun example. Go to 9gag.com, one of the most visited websites on the internet*, especially by people aged 13-30. Check out the amount of "friendzone posts" and how many likes they receive. The amount of guys who can relate to the stories of being friendzoned by their crush is huge. If they knew how to deal with girls, they'd be fucking their crushes instead of dreaming of it.

Have you ever wanted to sleep with a girl but been rejected? If you say no you're most likely lying. Well, case in point.

* 9gag.com has more than one billion monthly page views.
                              Last edited by HWith; 12-25-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

HWith, just wanted to say I appreciate that you take the time to actually respond to all these semi-trolling reactions. I always dismissed PUA publications as guides to low-quality sex for desperate human beings but your comments have made me very interested.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎