• Lane
    • Aug 2010

i dont get what so horrifyin

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      A very pretty black girl did not charge me for the coffee at pret a manger. Must be the Harnden.
      I would have charged you double.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I bet you are not a pretty girl!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LiveinblacK
          • Nov 2011

Some of my best reactions have been from kids. I'll pick up my little brother from school and I walk in and their faces say it all, why is this man always wearing black and have on pant/skirt or why does this women have facial hair

It makes me laugh every time I go in there.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I bet you are not a pretty girl!
            my mom thinks I am
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              my mom thinks I am
              "The opposite of a snob is your mother." - Alain de Botton
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lionlimb
                • Feb 2013

Realization of the day:
                OLD PEOPLE LOVE MY CLOTHES.

I woke up to a sudden cold snap + storm this morning, went out to run errands in a heavy black Junya skirt, Gary Graham top + lots of antique wool swaddling.

I ended up running way late because I got roped into so many conversations about clothes with old people. One dropped the gem "You, uh, don't really have the Texas look".

Maybe because I wear a lot of clothing volume / covered skin? Because I wear "outfits" instead of just jeans+tees? Do those outfits look more familiar to those from the older era because they're more constructed? I don't know.

Assuming a lot of the RO sporting dudes aren't getting compliments in the grocery from grandmas, but does anyone else get this?
                not baller

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

someone yelled "merry christmas" at me from a car today. not sure what to do with that.

Comment

• fncyths
                    • Apr 2010

lionlimb --> pics? this outfit sounds amazing!

I get that a lot from not necessarily older folks but most people in general. I don't really get the gothninja scowls or jaw drops so I can't relate to that.

my style is a mixture of bumbling romanticism, woody allen meets fellini with a pinch of paprika.

I've learned through the years that the less seriously you take yourself, the more seriously people notice, and appreciate
                    Originally posted by Shucks
                    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• sam_tem
                      • Apr 2007

i only surmise that older folks appreciate it more since they were the last generation to really take it seriously and go all out. i guess they understand the commitment, especially those old crazed southern ladies who still bust out the big hair and makeup toolbox every morning.

honestly though, it takes very little to stick out in TX. i grew up in the middle of ghetto houston and been here my whole life. everyone always thinks i'm from some foreign country.

Comment

• schemedream
                        • Jan 2013

My friend asked a group of girls we were chatting with if they thought I was wearing a dress and a skirt. He was referencing the Julius asymmetrical LS as the dress and the Damir Doma sarong pants with the inseam dropping to lower calf / ankle length as the skirt. Now I want to see a woman wear them as such.

Comment

• NicolasA
                          • Aug 2012

Would strongly depend on

the city you are in.

In Buenos Aires the public space is not just a transit space. In many places street is just the street. The thing that connects two private spaces.

In Buenos Aires people is really into looking at the other, what they do and what the don't. A local characteristic.

So exploring into fashion and spreading from the norm might have its effects.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

I have family in texas and have seen how (awful) they dress, and how unaware of the existence of anything other than a pair of jeans and a tee they are. A cousing came to visit me and my family and got a few laughs of some of the things I wore. And it wasn´t even anything that outrageous. But well, all he wore were baggy, ill-fitting jeans, beat up vans (not cool vans) and whatever tee he found. Like 95% of the population I guess.

Comment

• ambrosian
                              • Dec 2012

Had 2 friends literally drop to their knees to feel my pants and boots today in the dining hall. What the fuck.
                              street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• k3mist
                                • Apr 2013

what were you wearing ambrosian haha

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎