X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekinerkan
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by MJRH View Post

A One Of A Kind shirt allows you to show that you're an individual, that you're a little different than everyone else and you want them to take notice of who you are. These shirts are great for a night on the town, frat parties, bachelor parties, stag parties or any other time you want to stand out in a crowd.

i hope you didn't pay $350, else ya clearly got ripped off
    No I did not pay $350.
    “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
    The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
    The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
    That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
    And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
    Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
    Under the noses of the police officers,
    Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
    Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
    That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
    -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• MJRH
      • Nov 2006

oh, thank god...

...because the skymall version is only $99
      ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• quiet noise
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Today i learned that just like people shouldnt be so quick to judge you based on your clothes, you shouldnt judge their reactions to quick either. sometimes a slightly rude comment can come from sheer curiousness, and you interpret it negativley because you are used to getting harrased.

i was waiting for the train today, wearing a light obscur coat in black, obscur wool pants and MA+ boots. sporting a gold-blonde right pointed side fringe. this guy in adidas and other mid-end streetwear comes up to me and says "Hey Malfoy, waiting for the Hogwarts Express?" (i get called draco malfoy everytime i leave the house) i politely replied "good one, no im afraid im just going to stockholm to do some shopping."
        he kept going with the harry potter thing: "Oh, you mean your daddy is buying you a new Broom?"
        i didnt feel like continuing this conversation so i put my headphones on, but then he patted me on the back and said "sorry i didnt mean to be rude, i like your style man, its very brave. Where do you find this stuff anyways?"

i told him it was mostly from the internet, and the the inevitable scenario happened where he asked what my clothes costs and reacts with utter shock to the price of every garment. but after that we had quite an interesting conversation, it turned out he knew more about fashion that i would have quessed, when i mentioned my rick tanktop he was like "oh rick owens! i know that brand, his high top sneakers are so fucking sick, if i become rich one day i will definitely buy a pair!" he also mentioned lanvin, comme des garcon play and raf simons as great brands that he could not afford.

he loved my plain black obscur coat aswell as my rick tank and ann sweater, but the MA+ boots were a bit "medieval" for his taste. he said it looked like something taken straight out of game of thrones :)

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
          Today i learned that just like people shouldnt be so quick to judge you based on your clothes, you shouldnt judge their reactions to quick either. sometimes a slightly rude comment can come from sheer curiousness, and you interpret it negativley because you are used to getting harrased.

i was waiting for the train today, wearing a light obscur coat in black, obscur wool pants and MA+ boots. sporting a gold-blonde right pointed side fringe. this guy in adidas and other mid-end streetwear comes up to me and says "Hey Malfoy, waiting for the Hogwarts Express?" (i get called draco malfoy everytime i leave the house) i politely replied "good one, no im afraid im just going to stockholm to do some shopping."
          he kept going with the harry potter thing: "Oh, you mean your daddy is buying you a new Broom?"
          i didnt feel like continuing this conversation so i put my headphones on, but then he patted me on the back and said "sorry i didnt mean to be rude, i like your style man, its very brave. Where do you find this stuff anyways?"

i told him it was mostly from the internet, and the the inevitable scenario happened where he asked what my clothes costs and reacts with utter shock to the price of every garment. but after that we had quite an interesting conversation, it turned out he knew more about fashion that i would have quessed, when i mentioned my rick tanktop he was like "oh rick owens! i know that brand, his high top sneakers are so fucking sick, if i become rich one day i will definitely buy a pair!" he also mentioned lanvin, comme des garcon play and raf simons as great brands that he could not afford.

he loved my plain black obscur coat aswell as my rick tank and ann sweater, but the MA+ boots were a bit "medieval" for his taste. he said it looked like something taken straight out of game of thrones :)
          i get in situations like this a lot as well but reply a bit more rudely than you as i see that the person saying "no i like your style, where do you get it?" as just trying to back peddle their words past the dead stare i am now giving them.

Comment

• antabaka
            • Mar 2013

I live in Vancouver. Not many people here are very fashionable.
            I know 3 other people here that wear Rick Owens, one of them goes on this website and another one is a dickhead that I see at techno shows that I don't like talking to.

The one store that sells Rick Owens here sells clothes like Damir Doma and Juun J but at triple or more the usual price for some strange reason.

So going by how terrible this town is for anything cool (being a DJ, it really sucks because any sort of electronic music that isn't Brostep or Top 40 isn't playable in most clubs so they're forced underground, as another example,) I wasn't surprised at all when yesterday someone wearing ill-fitting blue jeans and a fedora walked up to me and commented on my shirt
            "NICE DRESS, FAG! HAHAHAHAHA"

Comment

• morsto
              • Nov 2008

you can be "fashionable" and not wear rick owens
              stop the groupthink, its dumb
              I do not recognise the vessel,
              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

i can't stand fashionable people. maybe i should move there.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ now I know how to tease you ;-)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by antabaka View Post
                    I live in Vancouver. Not many people here are very fashionable.
                    I know 3 other people here that wear Rick Owens, one of them goes on this website and another one is a dickhead that I see at techno shows that I don't like talking to.

The one store that sells Rick Owens here sells clothes like Damir Doma and Juun J but at triple or more the usual price for some strange reason.

So going by how terrible this town is for anything cool (being a DJ, it really sucks because any sort of electronic music that isn't Brostep or Top 40 isn't playable in most clubs so they're forced underground, as another example,) I wasn't surprised at all when yesterday someone wearing ill-fitting blue jeans and a fedora walked up to me and commented on my shirt
                    "NICE DRESS, FAG! HAHAHAHAHA"
                    signature material
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dreavan
                      • Mar 2012

In France most of the people think I'm gothic -_-

When I'm in Paris, it's quiet ok because black is the most classic color over there + it's a capital for Fashion Industry so you can cross many looks in the streets and people don't even take time to look at you.

But when I'm leaving to Algeria or South of France, 95% of the people are looking at me like if I just come back from hell, spelling and cursing everything around me ^^

I don't think they're afraid by my appearance but they're curious in a certain way, more negatively I'd say. They should try to wear what they really want to wear once in their lives, it's a real breathe in this conformist world.

Comment

• trentk
                        • Oct 2010

was in a liquor store with my dad and he asked an employee where the vermouth was located. the employee told us, we started walking over, and some random guy says: "Batman and his dad.... buying vermouth".
                        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Blackman
                          • Feb 2011

how was your pops dressed?

Comment

• diorowen
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Blackman View Post
                            how was your pops dressed?
                            like batman's dad.

I've got lots of stare as well in Melbourne, but I'm getting used to it.
                            one time someone just badmouthing about me behind, and I just stop and stare at him.
                            Melbourne people wont badmouth in front of you.
                            still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Pumpfish
                              • Sep 2010

Street kid: What are youse?
                              Girl: We are alternative.
                              Street kid: Alternative to what?
                              Girl: Just Alternative, it's style.
                              Street kid: Youse look like death warmed up.
                              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

^

That sounds like something out of a screenplay. I can picture a very young Mickey Rourke playing the Street kid.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎