X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rei
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    And I don't mean caring as in conforming but in having quiet respect for other people.* And let's face it, when you wear sunglasses inside, it does give off a standoffish, "I'm cooler than you" vibe. Also, it makes conversation very difficult because you cannot look a person in the eye. So, I'd say it's a simply disrespectful gesture (hence, Larry David's comment).
    I know what you mean but that "quiet respect" should go both ways. I'd say that the same vibe can be achieved with some designer clothes as well, making certain kinda people feel uncomfortable. But oh no we wouldn't want that. There is a place for everything, sure, but I don't find anything disrespectful about it. Distasteful at best. One shouldn't feel like they're on their toes all the time about offending someone is what I'm getting at. Just wear what you like and don't worry about it, something like glasses is not a big deal.

Comment

• Tolley
      • Apr 2014

God, the day my dad caught me bidding on Ann boots on eBay when I was home last Christmas was basically like being caught with another dude.

They don't get my struggle to stay relevant.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Rei View Post
        I know what you mean but that "quiet respect" should go both ways. I'd say that the same vibe can be achieved with some designer clothes as well, making certain kinda people feel uncomfortable. But oh no we wouldn't want that. There is a place for everything, sure, but I don't find anything disrespectful about it. Distasteful at best. One shouldn't feel like they're on their toes all the time about offending someone is what I'm getting at. Just wear what you like and don't worry about it, something like glasses is not a big deal.
        Should and is are two different things. You want to start tangling up in degrees, be my guest. It's pretty self-evident that wearing sunglasses inside makes you an asshole.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

It's kind of funny how wearing trad stuff to teach (button up shirt and trousers) gets me called sir in stores while wearing the same kind of pieces from sz designers gets me stares.

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

I think that Rei raises a good point. At what point do we bow to social demands if those social demands are unreasonable?

In the case of the sunglasses, I'd always take them off because I don't think that you can go through life creating conflicts with people over such minute shit.

Comment

• Atom
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              It's pretty self-evident that wearing sunglasses inside makes you an asshole.
              Rei has a really good point, but I have to agree with this. Live and let live, I'm all for that.
              With like almost all male accessory taken to the max (sunglasses are!), there's a great possibility it makes you to look like a asshole.

Comment

• nicelynice
                • Oct 2009

Took my Rick skirted trousers to the dry cleaners and there was much debate among the front desk clerks whether it fell into the "pant" or "skirt" category. The owner noticed the discussion, took one look at it, and declared it an apron. Problem solved

Comment

• antabaka
                  • Mar 2013

this one time while on the train home from college i saw two white snapback bros harassing an asian woman and calling her mean things as she cried in public over the horrible things they were telling her

i got really fucking pissed off, because 1. racism really pisses me off, and 2. it's so fucking uncool to harass people in public to the point of them crying

so i yelled at those two white kids to fucking stop what they were doing because of how horrible it is to do whatever they were doing and told them to feel ashamed of themselves

and immediately they stopped making fun of the woman and started making fun of my clothes

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

One of my neighbors told me that he knows me by the sound my boots make as I run down the stairs. And I said...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deltapie
                      • Feb 2014

was waiting for someone and this guy not so subtly circled around me before sitting next to me and asking me if I was wearing rick owens. it was kind of creepy but he did let me bum a smoke off him.
                      "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• Landadel
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
                        was waiting for someone and this guy not so subtly circled around me before sitting next to me and asking me if I was wearing rick owens. it was kind of creepy but he did let me bum a smoke off him.
                        Way to go – only 1,566,677 more smokes until you got your money back.

Comment

• deltapie
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Landadel View Post
                          Way to go – only 1,566,677 more smokes until you got your money back.
                          cool, had no idea malboro did rebates.
                          "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• guardimp
                            • Jun 2010

They used to with Marlboro miles, that was the best gig. You could just pick up peoples empty packs and rack up huge prizes, I got a couple of nice tents.

Comment

• tapchung
                              • Oct 2013

A few days ago, I was walking around Union Square, wearing IndiSents Linen/Cotton Hooded Coat with my hood on as it was a bit chilly, and someone stopped me to ask if I was cosplaying as a character in Assassin's Creed.

I barely see any resemblance.

Comment

• Monoral
                                • Mar 2014

My mom

YOU PAYING HOW MUCH FOR THAT LEATHER JACKET?
                                I raised you better, you should know better

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎