Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Was she hot?
    Just saw this. She was not.

Comment

• SafetyKat
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by En. View Post
      Was it as erotic as it sounds?
      Then we all started wearing our tops upside down so our genitals were visible #dickowensapproved

Comment

• YTheLastMan
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
        (At friend's wedding, wearing black linen/cotton Poeme suit)

Visibly drunk woman: Hey, you. (Takes drink from my hand, gulps some of it down)
        Me: Hi...
        Visibly drunk woman: I just wanted to say, don't change any of this. (Gestures in my general direction) This is great. (Hands back glass, walks away)

Nice to get a compliment once in a while. Also entertaining for the three dudes I was in the middle of a conversation with.
        What colour shirt were you wearing? I'm headed to a wedding on the weekend and am balancing how I'm going to wear black ><

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by YTheLastMan View Post
          What colour shirt were you wearing? I'm headed to a wedding on the weekend and am balancing how I'm going to wear black ><
          I think off-white or light grey or neutral tones in general work well for avoiding a funeral outfit.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• deadboy
            • Jul 2013

White herringbone texture shirt, but I was also wearing a dark blue tie so it wasn't super high contrast.

Also helps to remember that whatever the colour, just by wearing a well-fitting suit you'll look better than 95% of the people there. No need to overthink things.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
              • Sep 2015

Surprisingly in Texas there are many instances where I get compliments on my glasses or pieces, but I went to a restaurant with a buddy of mine in Denton a couple of months ago (think Austin's bastard child) and this is how it went.

I was wearing a pair of black Savage Pods at the time. The hostess, upon seeing me, slyly smiled. It was this middle ground between sneering and her wanting to burst out laughing. She was trying to initiate conversation with me the whole way to our table on the second floor of the restaurant. Finally, this hostess works up the courage to say what's on her mind. As I take my seat she then stares at my Pods. I ask "I'm sorry, is there something wrong?" Her eyes look like they've seen murder, but her sneer went to this thing of confusion. She asks me "Are you wearing a skirt?" I raise from the booth and raise the front flap; she winces like I was going to flash her. I tell her, politely and holding back all condescension, "No, actually these are shorts but there are these flaps in the front and the back which make them look like a skirt." Her ever-morphing look of confusion turned to one of disgust. She weakly tells me "Ok..." She walks away hurriedly after I tell her what I want to drink. Her Texan mind had been torn in two.
              who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

i kind of empathize with dealing with a "texan" mindset a lot when it comes to fashion, having spent so many summers in red deer, ab.

it'd be a blast to have an sz gathering in a place like that, eh?

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                  • Sep 2015

I'm sure the good ol' boys would come with pitchforks and torches in tow. I would think they'd assume we're holding some pagan ritual.

I went to Toronto a couple summers back. I was only there for four days, but it felt like home to me. I loved it. It felt much more relaxed than anywhere I'd been in America. I really want to see the other cities and provinces.

Comment

• neongud
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
                    Her Texan mind had been torn in two.
                    Actually laughed out loud at this one.

Comment

• En.
                      • May 2015

I went to Toronto a couple summers back. I was only there for four days, but it felt like home to me. I loved it. It felt much more relaxed than anywhere I'd been in America. I really want to see the other cities and provinces.
                      There's a sense of urgency in the US; the citizens feel like they're in a rush to do anything. It's a great idea to experience other provinces for the difference in how people live.

Comment

• Blacknight
                        • May 2013

I had (kind of) the same feeling after moving to Beijing in regards to feeling more comfortable. At least, I think that people here stare at me firstly because I'm not from around these parts, and secondly because of what I wear. The Chinese tend to be very, very reserved, so it's not about getting good or bad reactions, it's that I get no reactions at all, which I'm A-OK with.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                          • Sep 2015

En. - I agree. I don't know why that is, either. Even when I'm out in these secluded areas in America (I speak of Colorado/Alabama/Washington more than Texas), there's always this high-strung feeling in the air. I get the same thing when I'm in Mexico (I've been to Quintana Roo, San Luis de Potosí, Distrito Federal and Veracruz for reference). Costa Rica had this urgency too, but it was dialed back.

Blacknight - I have read in foreigner's accounts of Asia (whether it be Korea, Thailand, China, etc.) that Asian culture is generally non-confrontational/passive-aggressive in a sense. I wouldn't mind not getting stares for once!

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

well, canada by and large is a lot more accepting i feel like, though there's less likeminded people one of the things i love is that people are more open to otherminded people. it's also definitely a totally different pace and life, though there are parts of canada better than others. i'd recommend a visit to vancouver, the epitome of all that, honestly.

i've never really been to texas, or anywhere in the us outside washington and oregon, which, though both some of the more liberal, free-thinking states, have some of the vibe and urgency aforementioned.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

barista at a cafe near my apartment told me my Julius hoodie was "filthy", lingo of Seattle folks is interesting.

Comment

• tylerpatrickbrand
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                                well, canada by and large is a lot more accepting i feel like, though there's less likeminded people one of the things i love is that people are more open to otherminded people. it's also definitely a totally different pace and life, though there are parts of canada better than others. i'd recommend a visit to vancouver, the epitome of all that, honestly.

i've never really been to texas, or anywhere in the us outside washington and oregon, which, though both some of the more liberal, free-thinking states, have some of the vibe and urgency aforementioned.
                                I'd like to say Canada is more accepting, but really, other than Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal, it's pretty odd and doesn't really get or accept odd or different styles of clothing or lifestyle. Of course, still more than a lot of places in the states, but it's not some big hippy commune of acceptance as its likened to in media. It is a slower paced style of living than say New York, but there are still perpetually closed minded souls here.

I live in Toronto, and have still been called many terrible things while wearing Rick, Julius, BBS kind of stuff. Although a lot of the time, kids will just ask me what I am wearing, sometimes snarkily, sometimes genuinely.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎