Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patR
    • Apr 2015

Lol @ one of the comments: "You literally described every kind of style.. Do you just have to walk around naked if you don't wanna be a fuccboi?"

Comment

• menofoutsiders
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by theseasonofmist View Post
      I echo the earlier sentiments; I have not found the way that a person dresses as a reason to not date them. However, I am realising that fashion sense is more of an issue for men than I originally thought. Two examples to share, which might make the men of SZ laugh:

On a first date I wore all black and played with proportions (tight wool Chalayan top and voluminous CdG skirt with knee-high Marsell leather boots) and the guy’s reaction was: (1) “are you going to a funeral?” and (2) “why are you wearing oversized clothing, I can’t see your shape, and besides, [almost whining] wouldn’t you be more comfortable in skinny jeans?”

On another first date, I wore a Junya parachute top, PH bustle skirt, MA+ short boots and PH bustle coat. The guy’s first words were: “just because we are going to the theatre does not mean you had to dress in a theatrical manner”. He genuinely seemed horrified by the PH look. Things got worse when I took the coat off and he saw my top – he was like “did you escape from a mental asylum?” - I was amused, he was mortified; turned into a long, dull date, unfortunately.
      the funeral comment is an acceptable joke I usually get from friends and family, however it is rude to say on the first date. And other comments just get more and more disgusting

Comment

• GucciAmen
        • Sep 2014

What were you wearing, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Got a compliment on my m.a.+ long aviator. Which I always get compliments on. My RO white geo, this, the Indi Sent long coat, and the BBS perforated hoodie get constant compliments.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enzo
            • Apr 2015

Germany, rather big city:
            DD Tights + Shorts. DD longsleeve and a waterfall cardigan.
            Hooligan type of guy looks at me and yells "what the hell is this?"
            Did not really know how to react so I just looked, smiled and "thank you"..
            almost anti-everything

Comment

• Defender
              Banned
              • Jan 2015

"If your clothes were a bit tighter you'd look like you're from the show Sprockets" from my wife's friend's boyfriend. He was trying to be affable.

The Michael Meyers SNL skit ha.

Black Forme d'Expression sweater, black Rick jeans and Ramones.

Comment

• TheLoudLine
                • Feb 2014

Sometimes get the odd look when I go to the pub with friends, other than that it's fairly rare that I get a comment on what I wear.

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

nary a comment on your clothes?

not very sz

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

I'm usually dressed in slacks and a dress shirt when I pick up my son but had the day off, so I wasn't in work clothes. One mom whom I see regularly had a genuine expression of shock on her face, zero attempt to maintain composure on her part, it was priceless.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                      nary a comment on your clothes?

not very sz
                      Can't say anyone's ever made a comment that wasn't positive, but being in Manhattan I guess I'm at an 'advantage.'

Comment

• gregor
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                        Can't say anyone's ever made a comment that wasn't positive, but being in Manhattan I guess I'm at an 'advantage.'
                        i haven't really gotten any negative comments per se, more of curiosity, but i feel it's the nature of avant garde (or, if not avant garde, at least the vein of it commonly worn here) attracts some attention or looks, which i have to say i get a decent amount of.

it my also have to do with the fact that i'm in ottawa, and not manhattan.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

They don't call it a look for nothing.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                            i haven't really gotten any negative comments per se, more of curiosity, but i feel it's the nature of avant garde (or, if not avant garde, at least the vein of it commonly worn here) attracts some attention or looks, which i have to say i get a decent amount of.

it my also have to do with the fact that i'm in ottawa, and not manhattan.
                            Well, that explains everything. Canadians are too nice.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Zukki
                              • Apr 2015

While wearing Bruno Bordese High Tops:

"Your shoes look like you wear them to ride an UFO"

Comment

• Resonkuken
                                • Oct 2012

"Ride" an UFO? Being a spaceship I feel one would pilot it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎