X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mesh View Post
    It seems brothas are more open to varying styles and can appreciate something new more than other common folk.
    it makes sense they'd typically be more open-minded. their culture in general is pretty focused on the 'steeze.' i think, naturally, different ethnic groups are less likely to make a fuss because they're not inclined to conform to your cultural norms to begin with.

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
      Pretty much only way people can tell if I'm a guy or girl is if haven't shaved for a while... hahaha
      to be honest i think it more the way people say things and their tone,
      I'm not offended by most, really i only get put off if someone who i consider to be better dressed than me says something alot of time on here.
      these days im not really wearing any crazy bits meh; become so lazy.
      my boyfriend, Zeb, always gets mistaken for a women too. but he looks exactly like christian brylle so it makes a bit of sense but it's still strange. it's funny though because straight men will try to pick him up and then when they realize its a guy are like 'haha faggot.' he's got size 12 feet and is like 6 foot and you wanted to fuck him a second ago and he's the faggot. i love fools.

Comment

• thecoretic
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MonaDahl
        thecoretic and danieldy, I wear my Rick, Margiela, etc with Gap, H&M, and Topman. And I even post those outfits here
        Well im wearing Topshop jeans right now,and have a load of basics from H+M,Topman.
        Ill re phrase what I said - I live in a small city and Topman/H+M have positioned themselves in a way to appear to be the ONLY clothing options.Simply because of the mentality of most males here-A store like 'Odin' would bomb here if they didnt sell womenswear.Without a doubt.

Comment

• oakandmichael
          • Oct 2008

I live in Pittsburgh. And although it's a major city, It's mostly Steelers fans/jocks and thugs. I certainly don't fit in wearing Julius, RO and Geller. But people rarely say anything to me. I'm a little rough around the edges. The tattoos, beard and skateboard help. When they do I find that talking to them makes them extremely uncomfortable. People like that are usually insecure and are attempting to impress whoever they're with. Whenever you get the chance be sure to make eye contact with all of the jock's girlfriends. She'll love it and they'll be very, very pissed.

Comment

• mizzar
            • Mar 2008

Kiev. Ukraine.
            2 years ago.
            Late evening.
            Walking home, and some drunk strangers saw me and start to sing some jail originated song "Zhizn' oprokinula pidorka na kolenki*" and such. They were to drunk to do anything thou.

I was wearing very shiny metalic bomber and grey skinny jeans, so in a way i can understand their reaction.

Now i look a bit older, with a little help of beard, so no situations like this recently.
            But still get a lot of random stares. More from boys thou.

*translated: "Life knocked down this gay-boy on he's knees".
            ____
            sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I dont think I've ever gotten crap for what I wear, I suppose it helps to be relatively tall and have a beard or something.

oh, except in 6th grade when I had baggy jeans, some older kids laughed at me.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

I don't think I've ever gotten any comments... even down here in San Antonio. I think the occasional look but nothing more. In NY for some reason I get chatted up by (hot) girls every time I walked through SoHo... nowhere else, not even in Boston. Go figure.

One of the doctors I had meetings with and presented cases to said he liked the white CCP boots I rocked every so often hahaha
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• gerry
                  • Feb 2008

Not in Asia:
                  Person: "You're so stylish! Are you from (Japan, Korea, etc)?"
                  Me: "Thanks. I'm actually from the Philippines."
                  Person: "Ohhhhhh.... I thought so. You look foreign."
                  Me:

In the Philippines:
                  Person: "(Insert item name here) is so cool! Where are you from?"
                  Me: "Here..."
                  Person: "What? Really?"
                  Me: "Well, I've been going to school in the States."
                  Me:

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by gerry View Post
                    Not in Asia:
                    Person: "You're so stylish! Are you from (Japan, Korea, etc)?"
                    Me: "Thanks. I'm actually from the Philippines."
                    Me:

In the Philippines:
                    Person: "(Insert item name here) is so cool! Where are you from?"
                    Me: "Here..."
                    Person: "What? Really?"
                    Me: "Well, I've been going to school in the States."
                    Me:
                    I feel your pain. One time, someone asked me if I was Vietnamese. Absolutely heinous!
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Enaml
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by winQ View Post
                      And going to the mallz of america in rick owens and julius? Lololol.
                      In Minnesota wearing things like julius and not getting strange looks are mutually exclusive.
                      Last edited by Enaml; 04-22-2009, 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
                      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• tomatous
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                        I dont think I've ever gotten crap for what I wear, I suppose it helps to be relatively tall and have a beard or something.

oh, except in 6th grade when I had baggy jeans, some older kids laughed at me.
                        Being tall and having a beard seems to bring compliments. Also, people see the beard and know that like Chuck Norris, there is another fist behind it if they have something bad to say about my clothing.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

had surgery today and when i was getting undressed-raf sunglasses, split tee and drksdhw sweats, one nurse says to the other-"see if neo needs a blanket. i don;t think it gets this cold in the matrix."

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

me too. target tees, h&m, uniqlo. if someone has nothing but rick, ann d, etc, they either have monied parents, no sense, or serious deficiencies in their lives. all of the above is an option too.

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                            thecoretic and danieldy, I wear my Rick, Margiela, etc with Gap, H&M, and Topman. And I even post those outfits here

Comment

• oakandmichael
                              • Oct 2008

PS. Walking around with an extremely attractive girlfriend shuts people the fuck up. Not that I've always had that option, but recently I have.
                              In most cases, those who mention what I'm wearing are genuinely curious and intrigued. They respect what I'm wearing (to some degree) and understand that we're not into the same shit. They have expensive cars and I have expensive jackets. Who cares?

Comment

• erbs
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                                In Minnesota wearing things like julius and not getting strange looks are mutually exclusive.
                                What part of Minnesota are you from?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎