• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danimal
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
    ^ go for a 1 dude, if anything VA pieces have a tendency to run big
    So I ended up ordering a 2 in the V-A puffy coat (Thanks Komakino!) and it fits me well, I'd say its like a small 46 or big 44. Definitely smaller than a Julius 2 from the pieces I've tried.

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

How does DRKSHDW outerwear fit. I understand that I would probably need a L in Rick mainline - is it the same with DRKSHDW?

(I am a true 38/EU 48)
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• deleuze
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Magician View Post
        How does DRKSHDW outerwear fit. I understand that I would probably need a L in Rick mainline - is it the same with DRKSHDW?

(I am a true 38/EU 48)
        I'd say pretty true to size with the usual high armholes. You can size up to a large though if you want more room for layering underneath.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
          I'd say pretty true to size with the usual high armholes. You can size up to a large though if you want more room for layering underneath.
          Agreed. Medium should be fine, maybe a Large if you want more room. Buy my DRKSHDW grossgrain jacket! :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Agreed. Medium should be fine, maybe a Large if you want more room. Buy my DRKSHDW grossgrain jacket! :-)
            Thanks a lot.

I like the look of the grosgrain, but I think an M would work better for me. If you get anything in an M let me know!
            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• danimal
              • Sep 2008

Another DRKSHDW question.

I just bought a couple pairs of jeans in size 30, both Berlin cut, one in dark shadow and the other in in my new favorite color... blackety

The blacketys are about 2 inches bigger in the waist than the other pair. So is there any method to DRKSHDW sizing? Or is it just a gamble whether it will fit big or true to size?

Anybody have any size 28 blacketys?

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

does anyone know how the sizing on this Ann D double lapel coat is? looking at winter coats and was wondering whether this in an XXS would fit an EU44.
                Last edited by dji; 10-05-2008, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

They are huge.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
                    • Sep 2006

Would any of you guys happen to know how Pierre Hardy mens' shoes run? (Or if there is a difference between French and Italian sizes for mens' footwear in general?)

Comment

• droogist
                      • Sep 2006

^ Ah, so it's the same as for women, then. Thank you!

Comment

• Jon
                        • Apr 2008

does anyone know how the sizing on this Ann D double lapel coat is? looking at winter coats and was wondering whether this in an XXS would fit an EU44.
                        XXS should fit an EU44. Like Faust said, they fit huge, but I think if you go one size down from your norm you should be fine.
                        Originally posted by merz
                        perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• reborn
                          • Aug 2008

All of those Ann D. coats look like topcoats...so they should be sized to wear over a blazer or other type jacket. However, if you don't intend to use as an over coat, sizing down should work, though the coat may still seem large (which is remedied by visiting your favorite tailor...he can narrow the arms and cinch the sides).

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

thanks for the advice guys. I still haven't had any luck finding the coat in black XXS, assin only got the double lapel vest and the single button crepe coat this season, and according to ann's sales department the only XXS coats in black went to japan...

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

bleh, just got a reply from Ann D HK in regards to the coat. they have the coat but they don't do phone orders and the retail price is $14,350 HKD

Comment

• reborn
                                • Aug 2008

bleh, just got a reply from Ann D HK in regards to the coat. they have the coat but they don't do phone orders and the retail price is $14,350 HKD

<$1,900 USD (with the current exchange rate) is not a bad deal for a coat. Still, you may want to check out Fred Segal/Ron Herman. They stock AnnD. to the gills (all sizes) when last I checked them out (including accessories).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎