Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • round
    • Aug 2015

Dropped of the augsutas at the cobbler yesterday, getting the vibrammed again, hoping all goes well, I have been noticing an annoying crease that bothers my big toe, is this an issue with sizing or can I fix it by conditioning it and wearing it?

Comment

• savant
      • Jul 2011

Anyone have spare heel taps that you want to let go which you got from mikko ?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by round View Post
        I have been noticing an annoying crease that bothers my big toe, is this an issue with sizing or can I fix it by conditioning it and wearing it?
        When the leather gets a bit softer with wear, it might no longer rub as badly, but it might stay the same as the crease will probably remain in there indefinitely.

One option is to use a shoe stretcher to even ou the crease a bit or stretch that specific area so it won't rub on your toes. I had a similar issue once and was able to stretch the boots enough so there was more room.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• okayvin
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by savant View Post
          Anyone have spare heel taps that you want to let go which you got from mikko ?
          just buy a huge pack on eBay. $27 for 50 pairs iirc

Comment

• minhcu2805
            • Mar 2013

any good cobbler recommendation in LA? I need to put heel taps + vibram on some footwear quick :(

Comment

• neostrifeX
              • Jun 2013

Willie's Shoe Service in LA. I was hesitant to try them out because they're an hour or so away from where I live, but they did a stellar job on my boots. They've worked with a lot of the "avant-garde" footwear too (CCP, Guidi, m_moria, etc...) so I trust them. How quick do you need them though, because let me tell you it won't exactly be quick (in my experience).

Comment

• Blacknight
                • May 2013

Son of a bitch. Guess this is what happens when you wear two pairs of thick wool socks with Guidi's. I guess I should have known better.

Pretty wary about taking these into a cobbler here in Beijing, but I know of a few reputable ones, though I first would like to locate actual identical Guidi zippers before attempting to have them replaced. Anyone know if such a thing is possible? or at least the fabric and teeth part?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

• okayvin
                  • Sep 2013

They use branded Excella zippers. You can get the same model but the pull tab will have the Excella logo. Older Guidi models had the Excella logo

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Blacknight View Post
                    Son of a bitch. Guess this is what happens when you wear two pairs of thick wool socks with Guidi's. I guess I should have known better.

Pretty wary about taking these into a cobbler here in Beijing, but I know of a few reputable ones, though I first would like to locate actual identical Guidi zippers before attempting to have them replaced. Anyone know if such a thing is possible? or at least the fabric and teeth part?
                    Should just be a standard YKK Excella zip w/ the Guidi pull tab instead of an Excella-logo pull.

Comment

• okayvin
                      • Sep 2013

you might be able to replace the new Excella pull tab with the old Guidi pull tab

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
                        its cheap and it can be peeled off the rubber sole; no harm in trying. i use it to glue on heel taps . i also put some (shoegoo, not heel taps) on the toe area once and it lasted quite a long time. but it looks kind of plasticky so it won't blend. they make clear and black shoe goo.

edit: I used it on a Topy sole. idk how it will work on sneaker soles
                        Do NOT put shoegoo on anything high quality, this is a complete fucking disaster in my experience as it tends to dry hard/inflexible and uneven. I just about had to toss a pair of oxfords I repaired with the stuff once as they became incredibly uncomfortable / the sole peeled in a few weeks anyway. Maybe I got a bad tube or something but my resounding review is "HELL NO."

Comment

• hasin1312
                          • Nov 2014

Yeah, big no on shoegoo. Not only does it sometimes dry uneven, it also can become bubbly and attracts way more dirt than normal vulcanized rubber!

Comment

• okayvin
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            Do NOT put shoegoo on anything high quality, this is a complete fucking disaster in my experience as it tends to dry hard/inflexible and uneven. I just about had to toss a pair of oxfords I repaired with the stuff once as they became incredibly uncomfortable / the sole peeled in a few weeks anyway. Maybe I got a bad tube or something but my resounding review is "HELL NO."
                            Did you apply it to the leather uppers or something? It can't damage a shoe if you apply it between a Topy and a heel tap

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Probably wouldn't have much reason to slather glue on leather TBH.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

Shoe goo’s primary function is to repair skate shoes, it should be kept that way.
                                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎