X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Soon we will be partnering with a world class service for leather dyeing, including shoes. I'll keep you all posted. It will be epic - they can get anything you need done.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltbird
      • Feb 2014

I come bearing an excellent report for those of you in the greater NY Metropolitan area. Leather Spa in Grand Central took my Ann Demeulemeester triple lace boots circa 2008 -- that is, you would be forced to pry these, screaming, out of my cold, dead hands -- and worked some major magic.

I should have thought to take Before photos; instead all I have is the After. To give you an idea, these babies had been worn to death both by my myself and their prior owner. The heel was ground to smithereens, the salt and water staining was extensive, and the leather hadn't been properly polished in god knows how long.

They rebuilt the heel, added a protective sole and extra protective taps to endure the lifetime I spend in these things, cleaned and polished, "weatherized" (added protectant/sealant against future insult), and delivered them to me five days ahead of schedule.

I couldn't be happier. Pictures attached. If you have a Holy Grail item that prompts panic attacks at the thought of handing them over to a cobbler, worry not with this folks. They ain't exactly cheap but they know what the fuck they're doing. The guy at the counter was super polite, explained what needed to be done and precisely why and how it would be accomplished, and then called me promptly the second they were ready for pick up. No unnecessary upselling either. What a mensch.

Comment

• zeebee
        • Dec 2008

wow voltbird, that's an amazing restoration!

Comment

• jimmycs
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
          Guild of Crafts?
          Looking at that YT, the shop is called Guild Arms (in english). Seems like the HP is www.guild-arms.com. Not sure still active though.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jimmycs View Post
            Looking at that YT, the shop is called Guild Arms (in english). Seems like the HP is www.guild-arms.com. Not sure still active though.
            Assuming the name and logo are right, I think this is the link: http://www.footwear.co.jp/index.html I can't read Japanese though and they don't seem to mention repairs on the site.

Comment

• jimmycs
              • Mar 2014

Assuming the name and logo are right, I think this is the link: http://www.footwear.co.jp/index.html I can't read Japanese though and they don't seem to mention repairs on the site.
              IMHO, the aforementioned site is not the same name as the original Guild-Arms mentioned earlier (?), unless the shop changed the name.

The one you mentioned is located in Ginza which is not the same as the other.

Comment

• jimmycs
                • Mar 2014

Further checked the suggested site and seems like repair is not in their services.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jimmycs View Post
                  IMHO, the aforementioned site is not the same name as the original Guild-Arms mentioned earlier (?), unless the shop changed the name.

The one you mentioned is located in Ginza which is not the same as the other.
                  Thanks for clearing that all up!

Comment

• jimmycs
                    • Mar 2014

Thanks for clearing that all up!
                    Glad to be of some help.

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

Please tell me if you know good cobblers in Paris who are able to work with m_moria? My heels are coming apart. I have visited my local cobbler but the glue he used died in just 2 weeks. Thanks in advance!

It looks quite bad, here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/wiXDH
                      Last edited by newp; 12-01-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by newp View Post
                        Please tell me if you know good cobblers in Paris who are able to work with m_moria? My heels are coming apart. I have visited my local cobbler but the glue he used died in just 2 weeks. Thanks in advance!

It looks quite bad, here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/wiXDH
                        Atelier Cattelan is supposed to be the best / one of the best in Paris.

I tried them once for a resole of a pair of Bambas and it was ok.

There is also "à la ville à la montagne", near Bastille, they are also very good, and their prices re similar.

Let us know how it goes !
                        Last edited by Nomadic Planet; 12-02-2016, 03:07 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• newp
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                          Atelier Cattelan is supposed to be the best / one of the best in Paris.

I tried them once for a resole of a pair of Bambas and it was ok.

There is also "à la ville à la montagne", near Bastille, they are also very good, and their prices re similar.

Let us know how it goes !
                          Thank you very much!

Comment

• hullabaloo
                            • Sep 2015

Anyone know if this is fixable? the zipper is pulling away from the leather

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by hullabaloo View Post
                              Anyone know if this is fixable? the zipper is pulling away from the leather
                              This happened to a pair of my gf's Marsell boots and my cobbler said the only means to rectify it was to replace the whole zipper, which he did using the same stitch holes and it's nearly impossible to tell that the replacement has taken place.

Comment

• SpaceCowboy
                                • Feb 2014

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a good polish for guidi boots? I have a few products at home but just wondering if theres one that people have had a good experience with.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎