X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by XenoX101 View Post
    ^ Ah, I was waiting for one of these posts, yes I am 'infamous' in that regard, though there is too much to say on that matter and no real way to summarize - ultimately though that isn't relevant to this topic.

I see huge differences in the designers, but not in the way they are worn here, moreso on runway and in editorials (I understand that it doesn't always translate to 'real life' and take this into account). There seems to be a lot of 'safe' outfits that may not be safe by conventional standards, but are certainly so by SZ. The ubiquituous mainstream outfit of a designer leather jacket, tshirt, jeans and boots of mainstream fashion is just as present here, only in SZ style. Trends cannot be avoided and they are not bad in many ways, but considering the forum's stern stance on being against them, one would think there would be more diversity than is seen in the WAYWT.
    I am one of the more senior members on the forum, not necessarily in the amount of posts, but in the duration of time i have been a member.........
    Have you ever seen any of my WAYWT posts?
    they certainly dont look like most, nor does they usually contain most of the brands here,
    Matthew (fade to black) looks different in the way he dresses,
    so is Fuuma,
    Faust also has a different style,

Hierloom is a uniqueness unto himself, and also many others,

People here may like similar things...... but they certainly don't wear them the same way.

you seem like an articulate and intelligent being, above the mere mortals, read and look more before jumping in with a question/ comment like that because its certainly not true
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      Hmmm.....
      Can't ignore that bird's name reference.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Oh how little you understand a bit of brit humour...tongue was firmly in cheek...but you still have a birds name regardless.
        So does Kim Jones and he has'nt done too badly.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Are you from BrisBANe? Isn’t this little BANal as a topic of conversation? We should just aBANdon it now. Maybe tell us a bit about yourself first, get a bit of BANter going – what BANds you like, do you have BANdy legs, whether you can play the BANjo, do you have BANgers and mash for dinner sometimes, who do you BANk with, are you a husBANd, are there BANisters in your house, ever worn a hairBANd or indeed a wristBANd for that matter?

Yeah?

Johnny for president!! (well prime minister).
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

We all dress the same for the same reasons all azn rook the same. It's not about us, it's about your lack of understanding.

Look at Chant and Faust for fucks's sake!! Do they really dress similar, even when wearing the same brands? (I'd love if they took pics after switching outfits ).

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              We all dress the same for the same reasons all azn rook the same. It's not about us, it's about your lack of understanding.

Look at Chant and Faust for fucks's sake!! Do they really dress similar, even when wearing the same brands? (I'd love if they took pics after switching outfits ).
              might be some sizing issues there.

you guys would not believe the stuff i wear....blue jeans and everything!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

I dress the same as everyone else here because the perspective of having to develop my own personal style - and, beyond that, my own personality - literally petrifies me. I yearn to belong to some kind of crowd, and yet I want to look like i'm unique in the place I live. So wearing very confidential stuff that is only known here is the most viable solution, I guess.

Nonetheless, I feel somewhat insecure when I see some of the people named above post their eccentric outfits in the WAYWT thread : they do not seem to understand that this is a place for communion, a place meant to welcome us, supporters of a discrete, fragile kind of conformity. This is not fair. Every time I have to confront those almost obscene pictures, purposely displayed to disrupt this hardly earned half-certainty of belonging, I truly feel like I am hollow, alone, naked.

Bad, bad people. Please make them go away.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

might be some sizing issues there.

you guys would not believe the stuff i wear....blue jeans and everything!
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...postcount=1305

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                    I dress the same as everyone else here because the perspective of having to develop my own personal style - and, beyond that, my own personality - literally petrifies me. I yearn to belong to some kind of crowd, and yet I want to look like i'm unique in the place I live. So wearing very confidential stuff that is only known here is the most viable solution, I guess.

Nonetheless, I feel somewhat insecure when I see some of the people named above post their eccentric outfits in the WAYWT thread : they do not seem to understand that this is a place for communion, a place meant to welcome us, supporters of a discrete, fragile kind of conformity. This is not fair. Every time I have to confront those almost obscene pictures, purposely displayed to disrupt this hardly earned half-certainty of belonging, I truly feel like I am hollow, alone, naked.

Bad, bad people. Please make them go away.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

LMAO at Johnny and Mail-Moth.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• XenoX101
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post

There are certainly some dynamic posters here (yourself included), I won't deny that, though it is very much a minority, otherwise I wouldn't have been compelled made this thread. Your point about switching outfits is good however, as many outfits could be interchangeable among some of the other members here without looking odd, moreso than I could think of in any other forum (which is essentially my original point).

I guess this could be an add on question to those that wear 'typical SZ' pieces, how do you feel about it, are you happy with looking the same as your peers? Are you really expressing your personality through what you wear, if so, in which way?

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        We've had these discussion many times before, so if you have really read this forum for a while, you'd come across one.
                        I have read and I haven't come across this discussion, if you could link me I'd be happy to read on it.
                        Last edited by XenoX101; 09-03-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• STEALTH
                          • Feb 2008

I do not dress the same as the rest of you

I have better things to do

Truth goes naked

: )
                          https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by XenoX101 View Post

I have read and I haven't come across this discussion, if you could link me I'd be happy to read on it.
                            The latest one happen between Servo and I just yesterday in the WAYWT thread. I am not going to do your fucking homework for you.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

faust why are you still humoring XenoX101?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I don't know. I have faith in humanity. A little bit of it dies every time I ban someone. If you say he is a clown that has been banned from SuFu (and I take it, you need to do some crazy shit to be banned from there), I am ready to believe you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎