Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

hehe fuck softening my look. i'll wear combats and a bomber if i want. people need to learn that not all skinheads are racists.

also, wearing something really feminine can actually accentuate an aggressive look, rather than soften it. most people are intimidated by cognitive dissonance, no?

in fact, now you've given me some new ideas on how to combine some stuff. thanks :)

3mm FTW.

Comment

• Pumpfish
      • Sep 2010

Fully Agreed. I've always been fascinated by the nexus of Ska, Dub and Skins.
      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

speaking of skins (and punks) and hair, here's some good ones

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
          • May 2013

Long hair + dry scalp means no shampoo just conditioner?
          Really does this work?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
            Fully Agreed. I've always been fascinated by the nexus of Ska, Dub and Skins.
            There is a great book called "The Way We Wore: A life in threads" by Robert Elms (he was a journo for NME and The Face as well as one of the guys who discovered Spandau Ballet).

Great Book, chronicling Roberts sartorial choices as he grew up in London. From the Mods, to Skins to Rude Boys, Punk and New Romantics.

Fantastic read, and highlights the start of each movement and the clothes (and hair styles!) that went with it.
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Atmosphere
              • Jan 2010

Does anyone know where I should look for hairstyle inspiration for men? Preferably rather short, semi-classic looks, if that makes sense... Getting my hair cut next week and have no idea what I wanna do with it

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
                Does anyone know where I should look for hairstyle inspiration for men? Preferably rather short, semi-classic looks, if that makes sense... Getting my hair cut next week and have no idea what I wanna do with it
                Sooooo I'm guessing a side parting? Or is that slightly too long? It's been years, but if I recall, fashion beans has quite a big selection to look at.

Comment

• DamageX
                  • Dec 2008

Any recommendations for good hairdressers that cut long hair for men in NYC?

Last time I got a cut, I looked like a Republican senator's wife...

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DamageX View Post
                    Any recommendations for good hairdressers that cut long hair for men in NYC?

Last time I got a cut, I looked like a Republican senator's wife...
                    Tim at arrojo, Dante at bumble uptown. I am an editorial stylist in NYC. Jon reyman at aveda. No one will give you that just got my haircut look. That shit is for the birds

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                      • Sep 2008

I was wondering if someone could recommend me a hair mask that helps me getting rid of frizz?

I already dumped all my products containing alcohol and stopped rinsing my hair with every shower, but still my hair is constantly frizzy, especially after washing and conditioning.

Comment

• Macabre
                        • Nov 2013

I'm currently in the midst of growing out my hair, I've had it short all my life and I've finally decided to grow it long. I want to put it in a bun once it gets long enough.
                        I found some great hair inspo yesterday:

"The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

I´m growing my hair out as well and it´s a pain in the ass.
                          Please tell me you, too, look like a palm tree when you wake up?
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• profondo nero
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                            I´m growing my hair out as well and it´s a pain in the ass.
                            oh lol

Comment

• finite-
                              • Dec 2014

do you guys recommend any kind of `essential` hair products/care mayb?

Comment

• HugAndWug
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by finite- View Post
                                do you guys recommend any kind of `essential` hair products/care mayb?
                                For what?

Are you asking for a certain style or just what shampoo you should use?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎