X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Raw-Edge, I know where you are coming and I am with you. I think that a lot of it comes down to mental barriers, which we all have. Ours is partially a difference in style. To me designer sweatpants and sweatshirts seem preposterous, and so are designer sneakers. To someone else, like Cas, whose style is much more casual, these items are not in a lower category and if the designer decides to try his hand at it, they accept it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw Edge
      • Jan 2008

Last edited by Raw Edge; 02-04-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I think what you are saying is legit, Raw Edge. I gotta say though - after meeting Andrew in person and realizing what a stylish guy he is, I must say that certain things just work on certain people. Like sweatpants. And no, you cannot substitute those sweatpants for cheap sweatpants. In a way it's still funny for me to say something like "well cut sweatpants," but I think about it, it's much harder to find cheap well cut sweatpants than cheap well cut jeans, for example. But anyway, it does not invalidated your pricing argument. But then, shit, everything is overpriced. Ok, I don't know where I"m going with this...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw Edge
          • Jan 2008

Last edited by Raw Edge; 02-04-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

prices are all fucked up - i think we agree on that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

Sorry if that came out strong, I just read over what i said. By no means my intention to insult you in any way.

I think there are just subtleties within some of these garments that cannot be picked up in a simple silhouette. It doesn't make them any less important. I think a Rick tee sums it up very well...it's not just a tee shirt. I don't feel that a pair of pants needs to have some insane cut to merit it's price, but more the perfect cut.

But, I do agree with you that retail prices are totally out of hand, but that seems to be across the board. No hard feelings.

[edit- not quick enough at typing, already old news]

Comment

• Vikeid
                • Feb 2009

Hi everyone. Im looking for a white, long shirt with a rittle black ribbon on it. Its from ann demeulemeester, anyone know which one Im reffering too?

I just love it and ive got to find it. I think its from SS06 or SS07. Not sure which one, but i think its from 07.

I have no ide how to use yahoo.auctions.jp and all that, and I guess its there I can find it?

Should really appreciate if someone could help me out here or find something similiar. a long, white shirt.

Comment

• baizilla
                  • Sep 2006

This one?

Here: http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h126244157
                  Last edited by baizilla; 02-03-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Vikeid
                    • Feb 2009

yeah, thats exactly the one : )

so.. if I just visit a store which sells ann d you think i can find something similar?

thanks for the help! its a shame that was a medium though, i guess ill need xxs or xs from ann d. let me know if you guys find anything.

Comment

• baizilla
                      • Sep 2006

She makes these every single season, just in different versions, so yeah, I'm pretty confident you'll be able to pick one up at an Ann D retailer.. if not from the menswear section, then from the women's.

Are you sure you couldn't see the auction? Sounds strange.

Comment

• Vikeid
                        • Feb 2009

now i can see the auction. dont know what happened the first time i opened the link. and now i see its xs, not m..

i will visit a retailer first then i guess. and if i dont find anything similar ill get it elsewere. anyone know any nice shirts from ss09 or ss08 which i guess is avalable in the stores?

and.. is it some guide or something here on sz which explains how to use yahoo.auctions? couse from what i have understanded they dont ship outside of japan often. and it sounds really complicated with these proxis or whats it called..

thanks again for the help.

Comment

• sagaji
                          • Feb 2008

looking for this 2 items...badly

DSM x Gloverall Dufflecoat (light Blue) / dark purple / green
                          lookin for sz32 (wms large) or 36

and c-diem boots 5+ holes sz 42 or 43.

thank you

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ PM sent.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

RO bunny

Anyone knows if the RO Bunny bag is still available...anywhere at all?
                              Tks.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

did anyone other than whylip buy the ann d dirty white suede sneakers this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎