• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Men's Footwear

what was wrong with OCs?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

[quote user="Merveilles"]http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/product.s?source=crossSells&productId=660081

I tried these Officine Creatives at Barney's today and it looked great but the quality look like shit. There were some similiar looking Buttero's that looked a lot better and cheaper but they didn't have any in my size :(

Any alternatives around the 400 range?

[/quote]

The quality is absolute shit. I bought two pairs of the "reversed kudu" ones from the Archive on sale. The stitching on the sole is decorative. The shoes started coming unglued from the sole on both shoes in 2 wearings of one of the pairs. I haven't worn either since. Gotta remember to take them to a cobbler and ask if he can re-glue them.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Wow, so I guess drexl's case is no an isolated instance.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Hhmmm...this is surprising. Everyone I know rocking OCs swear by them.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

[quote user="DHC"]Hhmmm...this is surprising. Everyone I know rocking OCs swear by them.
            [/quote]

That's what happened to mine on both sides the second wearing. Today I wore them for a third time and a bit of the bottom of the sole broke off. Pics to come. Ugh, maybe I just got really unlucky.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Merveilles
              • Dec 2007

hmmm I might try my luck and get the Officine's.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

etruscan, drexl had the same thing happen to him. wow, i think i will be staying away in the future, and praying to shoe gods not to destroy the pair i have.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Faust, eeing as your pair made it passed two wearings, I think you are in clear at this point, seeing as how everyone is running into problems early in. Or at least one would hope.

Etruscan, unfortunately, you are not the first to bear bad news of OC here on SZ. I haven't snagged a pair myself in the past and it looks like I may never do so. Thanks for posting pics. Hopefully your cobbler can work it out for you.

Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]etruscan, drexl had the same thing happen to him. wow, i think i will be staying away in the future, and praying to shoe gods not to destroy the pair i have.
                    [/quote]

As long as the entire shoe is still wearable and the defects are just slight, I always see wear and tear as the inevitable reason to buy new shoes soon enough.... not that I need the goading.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

I don't mind wear and tear. I don't honestly expect style shoes to last as long as Edward Greens or Aldens or the like. But, when the shoe is falling apart after 2 days of wearing, that's not acceptable to me. I don't do much except walk around a little in them, they should fucking hold up for much more than 2 days.

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"]I don't mind wear and tear. I don't honestly expect style shoes to last as long as Edward Greens or Aldens or the like. But, when the shoe is falling apart after 2 days of wearing, that's not acceptable to me. I don't do much except walk around a little in them, they should fucking hold up for much more than 2 days.
                        [/quote]
                        Yeah, that's no good at all, and you had it happen to more than one pair. Ugh.

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

No, no, I'm sorry, that sentence of mine was really awkward. I was saying that both shoes in one pair were coming unglued. The other pair has so far been worn six times without falling apart.

Comment

• aruva
                            • Dec 2007

I did get OC from LVR in dec,when there was a good sale on that...I defintely did make past 2 wears as I have worn them 6 times so far...looking at the posts above, I just dont feel confident anymoreon durability of the shoe . Nevertheless,it is a beautiful pair and similar to carpe aesthetics.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

aruva, i wouldn't go so far as to stop wearing your shoes based on a few bad experiences! it's certainly alarming, but not nearly to such a degree.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pinoy
                                • Dec 2006

Purchased a pair of Officine Creatives from The Archive. I've worn them at least 2x a week for the past month, and they've held up very well.

Perhaps these problems drexl and others have been facing is an isolated one?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎