X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I am struggling with that myself, as i have a pair of pretty beat up CDiems I no longer wear. But then I think maybe someone else will? It's somewhat subjective.
    Probably depends on the idea of "beat to shit."

Something that requires a new sole... that's OK. If there are holes in the leather, then maybe not. Same if your shirt/jacket/pants are irreparably stained or it has massive tears that a darning couldn't quickly fix.

Comment

• Senpai
      • Apr 2014

I would say as long as the price reflects the wear, than why not. I'd be genuinely happy to get certain items I've coveted, but could not afford, if they become available in a thrashed condition. I know how to do decent sewing and if it comes down to me patching up a personal grail, that is affordable, I wouldn't complain. Stains may be too much though, as I'm not confident on getting difficult ones out without totally ruining the fabric.

Comment

• apathy!
        • Jan 2014

If we sort clothing into a shitty trichotomy of low range ( think $10 tee shirts), mid range ( think $75 tee shirts) and higher end stuff. Why is their nothing interesting in the mid-range? Am I just looking in the wrong places?

All I see is revolting watered down copies of Rick and shitty streetwear. I think it would be great if there were a whole lot of interesting mid-range boutiques because as it is now, clothing with strong designs is fairly inaccessible.

this is poorly typed but i think you get the point

edit: now i think about, a large part of the problem is probably quite simple. Consumers for the most part don't really care what they wear and are content with what they're given.

Comment

• k3mist
          • Apr 2013

well i guess theres no mid-range in the aesthetic most people do here. apart from basics at least (silent ect ect)

i'd consider Y3 and COS mid range though, they fill the gap in their respective markets. not quite designer but designed?

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

I guess y3 is a decent example as I've seen a few interesting pieces there.

It just seems like that price range is reserved for really derivative stuff.

I guess stuff like Yohji is only appreciated by a small percentage of the population so higher prices are neccessary in order for the business to work(?). If he reduced prices drastically, sales probably wouldn't go up that much because it's too extreme for the main stream.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I hate that everything Y-3 is so heavily branded.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

It isn't nowadays though? I mean some of it obviously is but there are a lot of things with no branding or a small embroidered logo.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                  • Jan 2013

probably if they weren't just copying the more high-end stuff and had vision of their own, they would just charge more for it?

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    It isn't nowadays though? I mean some of it obviously is but there are a lot of things with no branding or a small embroidered logo.
                    Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                    I hate that everything Y-3 is so heavily branded.
                    I just worked with the entirety of the upcoming S/S 15 collection and there are a bunch of nice pieces with minimal or tonal branding that you can't even see! With that though, comes lots of bright pieces, shiny pieces and also heavily printed pieces.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

CCP galore in the classifieds as of lately. What's up with that?!
                      Grailed link

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Oh that's good to hear. My experience with Y-3 is limited to a track jacket I bought out of raver nostalgia, the sneakers (would buy if not for the Yohji Yamamoto markings), and a lot of items I would have considered last year if not for the Y-3.

I really hope they bring more weirdness to technical fashion, actually. ACRONYM seems like what a mall cop would wear if he had money, and AV/Outlier are pretty boring. I once saw this pair of pants that had a crazy pattern that would only reveal itself in bright flashes of light. I wonder why I didn't get them, looking back, maybe they were branded or not black enough.

Comment

• apathy!
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                          I really hope they bring more weirdness to technical fashion, actually. ACRONYM seems like what a mall cop would wear if he had money, and AV/Outlier are pretty boring.
                          I think Acronym is great actually and there's only so much weirdness you can have before a garment stops being techwear.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

I quite like Civilized's technical wear however I only own the one waterproof coat:

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                              I think Acronym is great actually and there's only so much weirdness you can have before a garment stops being techwear.
                              I go back and forth with Acronym, I think it's their videos that get under my skin.

Originally posted by dji View Post
                              I quite like Civilized's technical wear however I only own the one waterproof coat:
                              That is really great.

On an unrelated note, I was just sitting outside with my dog when he got loose from the yard tie and took off after a passing dog and owner. I dropped my phone and ran after him as fast as I could, legs restricted by a low pod crotch, when my right Rickdidas shoe popped off and went flying behind me. I managed to catch my dog wearing a single Rickdidas shoe. Well-played, Rick. You don't even need both of them, that's how fast you can run in these shoes.

Comment

• 550BC
                                • Jan 2013

just saw this video from shuit randomly on youtube, fucking love it.

a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎