X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

everyone in ny brings their fancy shoes to the firm for some reason. i think ro ny even sends stuff there for repair. they resole the sneakers and honestly, they don't do anything some others don't, just somehow became the go-to place. i always fear they will lose my shoes as their system of cataloguing is not so hot but they have never failed me.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

endorphinz, to your point, many have argued that repurposing old tires as road would make the roads last forever but the asphalt union won't hear any talk of it.

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

thanks for the reply W

my question is really what is everyone doin in da ro dunks that makes resouling(sic) necessarry? are they really that fragile?

and yeah, tires on sneakers are virtuality indestructible and that rubber really needs to be put to some 'green' use.. this coming from not the must 'green' guy (unfortunately) in the world

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

the new ro sneakers are a bit more sturdy but the old ones practically disintegrated upon hitting the pavement.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

its ridiculous

If I'm gonna buy a pair pf sneakers for $600+
            I'd like to get something I'm not gonna need to repair replace in a few months
            I don't mind ripped tees and such but I kinda need my footwear to last me long.
            its funny because I think there are better ways to make them for them to last longer

funny that my favorite pair of sneakers cost me only $20 on sale and I have been wearing them constantly for two years now and they are getting better with age
            I almost threw them away a few years back, but I'm glad i never did........
            Last edited by zamb; 12-02-2011, 04:08 PM.
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

that really is ridiculous, and a big WTF? I mean I realize no one buys ro dunks for athletic performance but.....

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

it's true, i rarely have had to have my on-sale nikes resoled

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  everyone in ny brings their fancy shoes to the firm for some reason. i think ro ny even sends stuff there for repair. they resole the sneakers and honestly, they don't do anything some others don't, just somehow became the go-to place. i always fear they will lose my shoes as their system of cataloguing is not so hot but they have never failed me.
                  i don't go to the firm anymore. they take forever and if you walk around the area, the other cobblers do the same job better for less in 1-2 days. some places give you a discount if you give them multiple pairs to resole..

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

can you recommend? i have like 8 pairs to get fixed

Comment

• Lane
                      • Aug 2010

ugh, wish I would have known that before...have two pairs still not even done after like a week, and I thought it would have been good to bring there cuz of the positive things ive heard here.

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

andrade shoe repair
                        103 university place

it's nearby the firm across the street from the bowlmore bowling alley. if you resole 3 pairs, you get the 4th one 50% off.

i found this place after walking out on the firm with an 8-10 day turnaround for a resole. andrade did it in a little over a day. but this is just one pair.

if you want to look at sole samples, they'll show you what they have. if you want a sole material/pattern they don't stock, they can try to get it for you.

if you don't want anything polished or cleaned after the resole, make sure you tell them to leave it dirty.

price was comparable with the firm, but they do the discount thing. it's cash only and ask for deposits.

i would try them out starting with one pair and see if you like them before doing an 8 pair repair job all at once. make sure they mark your receipt to show you paid for 1 repair and they stack to get you the discount on the 4th.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

awesome, thanks.

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                            all the other brands... keds, ps flyers etc, were known as ''skippies" and garnered much ridicule on the court
                            That's funny. I got my hands on a pair of PFFs when I was younger and my friend's mom was stoked. she said they were the real kicks to have back in her day. Make you run faster and jump higher and shit.

This happens a lot. I had a dual-layer T on one day and this lady points it out and says, "we wore those in the 70s!". An older gentleman stopped me on the street one day and asked where the hell I got a pair of vintage Levi's in such good condition. I think those jeans were APCs or Pure Blue Japans?

I still love the Bob Cousy. I wish PF Flyers attempts at a fashionable kick were less silly.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

my son asked me to not come to his bday party because my clothes are embarrassing

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

^ rofl

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡