X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

everything but the shirt (?) and the scarf positioning looks on point to me.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Usual showroom pic

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

So that's what you were wearing that day or what show-room pieces you were trying on?

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

sorry duncan but cropped pants with gloves and scarf seems like a bad contradiction.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
            So that's what you were wearing that day or what show-room pieces you were trying on?
            Both.
            Boots and trousers are mine.
            Coat is Damir's.
            Pic is BSR's

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

duncan i like your outfit for the reasons people criticize it: cuts are strange, combo is strange (cropped + derbies + gloves), the way you arrange the clothes is strange (jacket collar, tucked shirt). All this emphasize the oddity of Harnden. it's surprising, and i liked to be suprised.
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                duncan i like your outfit for the reasons people criticize it: cuts are strange, combo is strange (cropped + derbies + gloves), the way you arrange the clothes is strange (jacket collar, tucked shirt). All this emphasize the oddity of Harnden. it's surprising, and i liked to be suprised.
                Agree.
                "Le grotesque est, selon nous, la plus riche source que la nature puisse ouvrir à l'art."

Comment

• Acéphale
                  • Apr 2010

L’Oblat

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                    gentlemen, i understand the matters we discuss in this thread are inherently subjective, but s little objectivity is sometimes required in order to make the whole thing work. now, i'm a very big fan of duncan's contributions to this forum, but it would be dishonest of me to offer vague praise like 're-contextualisation' of PH or what have you. truth of it is the fit looks a bit awkward. the trousers go with the jacket quite nicely, although low tops without socks are kind of an odd combination with a bundled-looking winter scarf. the high trouser waist/jacket hems proportion looks perfect until you see the that zipper placement detail right above it. that throws things off. I would probably have gone with a choice of taller boots w/ slim shafts, a different shirt under the jacket and would've worn the scarf outside the jacket to avoid that quazimodo look.

feel the need to call it when i see it..
                    To be more specific I like the odd combination of pieces (slim zipper jacket tucked in and worn underneath wider buttoned jacket, one glove), shapes (cropped pants and derbies) and textures (silk organza, thick tweed & non-shiny metal). The scarf is bundled strangely but I don't mind it here. Particularly with these brown tones, this outfit worn more 'normally' could easily fall into some uncomfortable reminiscence of Dupré-esque peasant life.

Full disclosue: I have probably already made my appreciation for Harnden's work clear, but I also know Duncan IRL and think the outfit in question suits him well.
                    Last edited by Avantster; 07-05-2010, 01:30 AM.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Johngd
                      • Feb 2009

Are those m.a+ pants? And where can i buy them if they arent all ready sold out? Like them alot

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
                        • Nov 2008

Acéphale - love everything about this look

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Johngd View Post

Are those m.a+ pants? And where can i buy them if they arent all ready sold out? Like them alot
                          no luck, they are from Damir Doma, and 2 seasons ago
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Eye
                            • Jan 2010

basic
                            WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• Jonn
                              • Mar 2008

very nice acephale. what amp is that? im surprised there is no guitar related thread on sz

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Variations on the same outfit

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Trousers tucked+sleeves unbuttoned vs trousers cuffed+sleeves buttoned

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎