andrew, you need to post a fit instead of throwing one
    touché....my retort to come

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

This is inexorably leading to tragedy.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Denny, this forum is first and foremost based on a sense of community and a mutual appreciation for certain things - it is not a free-for-all playground for you to post fits that approach the tragicomic. There are other places for that. You don't need to be decked out in disheveled layers of bling-povera to be welcomed here - all one needs is an appreciation of fashion beyond consumerism and celebrity culture.

Stop posting.

Breathe.

Read the forum more (1 2) and you'll quickly find if this is the right place for you. Hell, you might even learn something.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Enaml
            • Apr 2009

hopefully including linea leather pants
            How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

...this place has hit an all time low
              I have to say that my recent disappointment has been the constant attraction with 'what I'm wearing,' 'help finding' and 'look what I bought' threads.

We just had amazing photos and Paris show reports almost in real time from SZ members and I know there is some decent conversation going on over there but a lot of it is 'where 2 kop' and questions about sizing.

It seems like with the amount of members here, that part of the forum should be lighting up like a Christmas tree with intelligent conversation and opinions about the new lines and pieces right now but it seems like the same members for the most part.

I like hearing what people think about the new offerings. I know people like buying clothes and talking about the clothes they've purchased and showing the clothes they've bought but wow...how about delving into the more cerebral aspects of clothing and design and fit once in a while.

And this mostly applies to the newer guys because the older members know this. But when there is a thread about a particular designer and people are exchanging and discussing product codes so they can track down the latest and greatest, it almost turns fashion into a beanie baby scenario.
              And that ends up being more about collecting and buying than appreciating and idea exchange.

I mean, fuck, don't get me wrong...I like buying new clothes too and tracking down grails but that's a very small part of why I'm here. It seems to me it should be more about constant discussion punctuated with a few new buys here and there and not the other way around.

I was reading discussions from the archives the other day and was in awe at how much passion people had when talking about the designers and designs themselves.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

^ Word. Yang Denny, listen to this man. You can learn a lot of things from the past discussions on style ethos and it will really change the way you think before you put on any tee (the links in Avantster's post). I know I did when I first came here and this could be a testimonial...'it was awesomely enlightening'. I mean in the future it could prevent you from buying big expensive white shoes that you feel uncomfortable wearing.

VVV: What the fuck?
                Last edited by kuugaia; 07-13-2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Shit. Looks like I missed another classic :(
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Yang Denny
                    i have almost browsed every pages in this thread and i did learn something such as how to post a picture.
                    And how to delete it as well.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

YY / Stat-ment / CD and some generic linen shirt.

Close-up :

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Your best from summer 2010 so far
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                          I have to say that my recent disappointment has been the constant attraction with 'what I'm wearing,' 'help finding' and 'look what I bought' threads.

We just had amazing photos and Paris show reports almost in real time from SZ members and I know there is some decent conversation going on over there but a lot of it is 'where 2 kop' and questions about sizing.

It seems like with the amount of members here, that part of the forum should be lighting up like a Christmas tree with intelligent conversation and opinions about the new lines and pieces right now but it seems like the same members for the most part.

I like hearing what people think about the new offerings. I know people like buying clothes and talking about the clothes they've purchased and showing the clothes they've bought but wow...how about delving into the more cerebral aspects of clothing and design and fit once in a while.

And this mostly applies to the newer guys because the older members know this. But when there is a thread about a particular designer and people are exchanging and discussing product codes so they can track down the latest and greatest, it almost turns fashion into a beanie baby scenario.
                          And that ends up being more about collecting and buying than appreciating and idea exchange.

I mean, fuck, don't get me wrong...I like buying new clothes too and tracking down grails but that's a very small part of why I'm here. It seems to me it should be more about constant discussion punctuated with a few new buys here and there and not the other way around.

I was reading discussions from the archives the other day and was in awe at how much passion people had when talking about the designers and designs themselves.
                          Do what I do, ignore these threads. Like I said, from now on there will be a real crack down on shopping related posts in the designers forum.

I hate to repeat this to everyone, but SZ is what you make it. Contribute intelligently and it will get better. That's why it's a community. Listen to beardown!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            yang denny
                            the problem comes from the jeans
                            put some grey between white RO and black _7
                            i agree. the shirt can actually work well with the rider jacket in a punk rock johnny thunders context. fine line between that and euro trash douche bag but with the right attitude it could work. and as others mentioned everything fits fine. its primarly the washed dior jeans that kill the vibe. requires a little moderation but for an easy summer look it has potential.

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

All this negative talk moves me to resurrect the most brilliant waywt post ever.

I giggle...I gawk at the sheer wit and audacity. And no matter what angle I look at this from, the common denominator is a jestful and light-hearted "fuck you" with a smile. Calculated...genius...the most subversive post ever. Fuuma has certainly earned his title. Patron saint of SZ.
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

That is a great look though, which is what i always only saw it as.
                                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎