Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

the massive rick dunks look silly on a beach. in that context, there's just no relation between form and function whatsoever. everything else is fine.

gotta love the "if you don't like it don't look at it" response to internet-posted-outfit critisizm.

Comment

• ES3K
      • Oct 2008

/\ I am aware that it is kind of a key item with your looks, but I'd get rid of the shoulder bag and go with a vintage leather briefcase.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Yes, I'm thinking about it. But it is hard to find the good one.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• jgan85
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          the massive rick dunks look silly on a beach. in that context, there's just no relation between form and function whatsoever. everything else is fine.

gotta love the "if you don't like it don't look at it" response to internet-posted-outfit critisizm.
          +1. same applies to the 'that's my style in the photo and if you don't like it, up yours' that pops up from time to time around here.
          ________
          Ass videos
          Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• unwashed
            • Dec 2008

the massive rick dunks look silly on a beach. in that context, there's just no relation between form and function whatsoever
            Well,the day before is was wearing rubber slippers on the beach and with the combo of salt water and sand scrubbing away my skin it really made me wanna wear my comfy 'hiking/trekking' shoes, which are high enough that sand did not have a chance :)

So, for some maybe no form, but for me definately function!

I could also recommend these shoes for jungle hikes and volcano climbing
            Grailed link

Comment

• morsto
              • Nov 2008

No, you couldn't.
              I do not recognise the vessel,
              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

if that were me on that beach, i'd be in some random trunks and in the water. kind of seems like u got ur priorities twisted...

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

^ can we stick to discussing outfits and how they look. context of course matters to some extent, but the point is not how someone should be spending their time.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

sorry, didn't mean to come across as vapid. just think that in this particular case, the clash with the context was actually the biggest problem. somehow a beach to me is kind of a no-go for elaborate outfits - it just seems forced in relation to such a (mostly) natural and relaxed environment. so i guess i would recommend: no sneaks, no shirt and to keep those drop crotch shorts on - that's what i would rock anyway...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

johnny, are you now criticizing where one is wearing, not what one is wearing? i never expected such viscous bigotry from a well-respected senior member of the forum!!! you know, other people look at us wearing our clothes on the street or to a bar and they laugh at us!!!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesko
                        • Nov 2009

Mail-Moth, as of late you have been posting really great outfits. Great colours.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          johnny, are you now criticizing where one is wearing, not what one is wearing? i never expected such viscous bigotry from a well-respected senior member of the forum!!! you know, other people look at us wearing our clothes on the street or to a bar and they laugh at us!!!
                          Lucky you. Here they think I poisoned the cattle. I can't sleep at night anymore because of the yellings and torchlights around the house.
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• orphée
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            you know, other people look at us wearing our clothes on the street or to a bar and they laugh at us!!!
                            Or even at La Scala....but I just laughed back, because they were dressed in boredom.

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

hommedeguerre - nonchalant and very nice summer look. even with the rude price point i was surprised to see christian was the only one to wear the doma sandal. i think they look great with the sweats - very laid back and easy

Comment

• TarHeart
                                • Jun 2009

hommedeguerre, great outfit. but somehow the clothes seem malplaced indoors, especially with the sandals. take the same picture somewhere outdoors and it would look more natural. I don't know if I'm thinking about fashion, or photography right now...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎