X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesko
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
    Someone call the reserves? Enter 5'8'' white boy.
    Shit, where are your hands?!

Comment

• tricotineacetat
      • Aug 2009

Fark, that tank has such a sly, erotic subversiveness about it, it makes me kinda think of what Helmut Lang did in SS'2004 with those cut out tanks... I don't mind the tight fit and can only assume it will get much looser after wearing this for a bit, just as most Rick jerseys use to perform. You probably put it on for the first time after washing it, no?

That being said, I would love to see it worn underneath some severely tailored suit to counterbalance the strictness of the line with just one dash of something a bit more provocative - I guess some things are far stronger when you can only take a glimpse at what is going on from underneath.

Those pants, I agree, are a bit nay as others have said before... a tiny bit too much on the tight side :)

Comment

• Macro
        • Apr 2008

Been a while since I WAYWTed. Was out yesterday gallivanting around the city with my brother, keeping things light and casual.

every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

/\ i'm afraid of color, but if i weren't, this is what i would aspire to. lovely. kind of brings waywt back up a notch...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Looking good, Macro, as always.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tricotineacetat
              • Aug 2009

These Dior Homme pants from SS'03 have been sitting in my closet for a while, mainly because I didn't have a pair of shoes they would have worked with. With their high waist and full leg, it would have been a shame to cut off too much on the hemline and with the pleating and belting in the waist, I found them very much reminiscent of Hakama trouser skirts (fabric is a pretty stiff cotton/poly blend toile so that only enhanced the impression).

The first pairs of shoes I got with these were original Japanese zoris and getas which work well, but then I came across these Ann Demeulemeester women's platform sandals, which I found offered just enough massiveness to give them a unisex appeal.

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Tricotineacetat, this is a very striking silhouette. I'm truly impressed. Out of curiosity, if you had to choose some outerwear to complete this, what would you go for ?

DRRRK, good job too - even if I'm not so sure about the rolled-up pants in this context. It clashes a bit with the sharpness of the rest.
                  I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                    • Aug 2009

Thanks for the complement :) ... Those pants indeed require all other complementary garments to be re-considered, but I loved the challenge these offered - At first I thought it would be natural to keep the torso short and fitted, but I wasn't too happy with the result - It looked altogether a bit too feminine when I combined it with a shrunk-fitted hooded sweat jacket I had accidently washed on too high temperature.

I figured that another favourite piece of mine - an oversized, deconstructed Yohji blazer made from fluid jersey - made a perfect match with these pants. It almost gave the impression of a Haori, the traditional, straight-cut jacket normally worn over a silk kimono! I'll try to take a picture in the evening of the full combo for you to see!

Comment

• chameleon
                      • Jun 2008

^sounds fantastic, please post a picture. It's great to see play with proportions like this.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                        • Mar 2007

Macro - Looking good, nice subtle palette

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                          • Aug 2009

DRRRK, those are some really nice derbies... I like the slightly rounded, pointy toe worn with the rolled up skinny pants. I wonder it it might be about time to have about the same silhouette of pants, cropped to a length that would maybe even be a few centimeters shorter than what you rolled them up?

Macro, I really dig the whole colour palette in which you layered the two shades of brown with the dark plum (Is that indeed the way these colours come out in person?)... good job!

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

Thanks for the input. Mail-Moth, this is the moment when I've done wrong. I went out of the house today with a leather jacket and pants not rolled up, but it turned out to be surprisingly warm day. So warm, that I rolled them up even further (which would have pleased you tricotineacetat)

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

[regarding Macro's post]

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                              /\ i'm afraid of color, but if i weren't, this is what i would aspire to. lovely. kind of brings waywt back up a notch...
                              What color?? LOL..

Macro - Props on the perfect backdrop, D. Like South Central LA tinged with a bit of old Madrid, right there in good ol' Brooklyn.

sain't

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                                • Jan 2010

Hottest day of the summer so far.
                                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰