• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chilton0326
    "Wanting to look like the Strokes" just meant "wanting to look cool". It's a perfectly understandable desire, on people's part, and it's shared by the majority of people here and in the world. I have read these forums enough to know that Gareth Pugh's "bright blue" tends to scare people here, and that designers like Nina Donis will consistently get thrashed.

Faust, you dress fine, and you dress conservative. You don't like boots that stand out, etc. As for the Strokes -- they dress great too.

If I am critical of some people's postings here, it's not been those showing how they dress, but how they can act radical for liking Phoebe Philo's pretty sweaters while attacking designers like Nina Donis for what, making quilted "down jacket" dresses that aren't sexy? Since much less people look at the threads of the smaller designers, I repeat the quote from Nina Donis about their style as I thought it was well said: ‘I go out on the streets of Moscow and look at how people dress to keep out the cold, layering on all the clothes they have. The less they try to look good, the more interesting they look.’
    Hmmm, never thought I'd hear that one!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
      . . Well played.
      thank you, dear
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Hmmm, never thought I'd hear that one!
        sz reality distortion field... megalulz
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• shah
          • Jul 2009

i posted in sizing help but i'm not sure still if it fits large (i sized down but that's yyph so...) or if it should be like this and i am in need of chunkier footwear and wider pants ?

edit: switched some things today

Last edited by shah; 03-31-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• mizzar
            • Mar 2008

Faust, you dress fine, and you dress conservative. You don't like boots that stand out, etc. As for the Strokes -- they dress great too.
            Be carefull, couse i think you just talk about thing you've not experienced. Did you ever wore Ann, Junya or even Rick?
            It looks that all your comments are coming from the point of view of a very young human, who have no knowledge of historical konotations and meanings of the details that makes Ann — Ann and makes Rick — Rick.

I repeat the quote from Nina Donis about their style as I thought it was well said: ‘I go out on the streets of Moscow and look at how people dress to keep out the cold, layering on all the clothes they have. The less they try to look good, the more interesting they look.’
            Nina Donis tell you the same storry and lie to you the same way as all of those "new designers", look at my signature for example.
            It's same lie that Gosha Rubchinskiy, Henry Holland, Jeremy Scott and many others tell when they romanticize what they see around. 'Couse they don't read, don't know art or history, they just take Gopnik, or Scene Queen or Party Kid style and make some outrageous shit from it.
            It's just like russian tv-series "Brigada".
            ____
            sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• shah
              • Jul 2009

Thanks, I didn't realize this. Have to say though the fabric and construction were incredible

Originally posted by wire.artist
              you need to size up actually, if you don't feel comfortable with yohji's fit why size down? I bet you can find better options elsewhere that would fit your desired look.

Try Y's for a more conventional fit with similar shoulder shape.

YYPH has to look BIG, only a handful of garments are meant to fit slim.

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mizzar View Post
                Be carefull, couse i think you just talk about thing you've not experienced. Did you ever wore Ann, Junya or even Rick?
                Chilton has been wearing Rick longer than 99% of the posters here...

And I can see what he means by conservatism - as opposed to Jogu's, Wire's and Heirloom's fits, which distort the traditional shape of the body.
                Last edited by michael_kard; 03-31-2011, 12:54 PM.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• mizzar
                  • Mar 2008

Faust's quote is about Odyn Vovk.
                  "Bernhard Willhelm and Denis Simachev" in one sentence, really?
                  Maybe it's my age that's makes me argue a lot...
                  But conservative? Maybe from one point of view.
                  One must not forget that "conservative" is social-hystorical-location hybrid. What were conservative in 1920s in England, were not so much in africa the same years, same goes with 80s in Russia and Iraq.
                  Sorry for a little bit of rough language, but my signatures are true :).
                  ____
                  sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                    Chilton has been wearing Rick longer than 99% of the posters here...

And I can see what he means by conservatism - as opposed to Jogu's, Wire's and Heirloom's fits, which distort the traditional shape of the body.
                    How do you know?

Chilton, I still don't get what you are saying. Are you saying that we should respect every Dick, Tom, and Joe who deems himself a designer? Fuck that. If I find the world of low-level mafiosi and high-end sluts that Dolce and Gabbana pushes distasteful, why the fuck should I pay my respects to them? No, fuck them. Fuck Tom Ford, with his suave asshole aesthetic. Fuck Jeremy Scott and his ironic white trash bullshit. Fuck Denis Simachev and his Soviet kitsch. The list is long and my job as a critic is to rid the world of trash and ugliness, no matter how many postmodernists get in my way.

But thank you for pointing out my increased levels of tolerance as of late. I don't know what's gotten into me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      How do you know?

Chilton, I still don't get what you are saying. Are you saying that we should respect every Dick, Tom, and Joe who deems himself a designer? Fuck that. If I find the world of low-level mafiosi and high-end sluts that Dolce and Gabbana pushes distasteful, why the fuck should I pay my respects to them? No, fuck them. Fuck Tom Ford, with his suave asshole aesthetic. Fuck Jeremy Scott and his ironic white trash bullshit. Fuck Denis Simachev and his Soviet kitsch. The list is long and my job as a critic is to rid the world of trash and ugliness, no matter how many postmodernists get in my way.

But thank you for pointing out my increased levels of tolerance as of late. I don't know what's gotten into me.

"Tomorrow, when you get back to work, work hard like you always have. But we've been warned. We've been warned there are evil people in this world. We've been warned so vividly, And we'll be alert. Your government is alert. The governors and mayors are alert that evil folks still lurk out there. As I said yesterday, people have declared war on America and they have made a terrible mistake." "My administration has a job to do and we're going to do it. We will rid the world of the evil-doers"....................
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        ... "My administration has a job to do and we're going to do it. We will rid the world of the evil-doers"....................

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lost53
                          • Dec 2010

I don't even have to read the papers anymore... thanks chilton for all your words of wisdom.

This is me today..my mate just sent it, this is me looking nervous and dressed for battle... For a meeting with Mr TaxMan

Chilton, you would have loved him... proper conventional is Mr Tax!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

cool, been wondering what to do woth the sash on those pants

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                            I don't even have to read the papers anymore... thanks chilton for all your words of wisdom.

This is me today..my mate just sent it, this is me looking nervous and dressed for battle... For a meeting with Mr TaxMan

Chilton, you would have loved him... proper conventional is Mr Tax!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Lumina
                              • Dec 2009

that was both fun and interesting

Comment

• premierminister
                                • Jul 2008

What Are You Wearing Tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                                X