Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Perhaps, what Macro is saying is that beauty can be found everywhere, especially in unexpected places.

Faust, your idea of "trash and ugliness" may be very common or completely different to everyone else's. In my opinion, what's very important is to be able to express your opinion and feelings in a sincere way that does not reduce itself to assumptions about superiority and bad taste.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Zenith
      • Jun 2009

Lowrey, love your latest fit!

My spring summer is more or less done now. No need for anything else, maybe a backup pair of boots...

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Is this thread becoming Hegelian and/or Kantian again?
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• lost53
          • Dec 2010

[QUOTE=zamb;299398]D,

Also, I will take this to another level, the application of beauty and ugliness may vary, but we know what they are by definition, and if there can be an absolute definition, which is necessary to have any kin of discussion, therefore whatever is defined objectively to begin the discussion, cannot be argued to be subjective

Zamb- please define?

Because I have no idea what defines beauty... indeed I can change my mind on this matter like the wind...!!

Or alternatively please tell me this was a 1st of the 4th matter!

Comment

• francojean23
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Macro View Post
            Talk about egomanical. You romanticize your job if you think being critical carries such weight. I don't have to explain this to you, but ugliness... and therefore beauty, are entirely subjective. And there is nothing one can say to refute that. One becomes a critic when one cannot create. I love you, E, but sometimes I wonder whether you truly believe the SZ opinion on fashion is the 'best' one?

The artist in me is angry this morning. :/
            history and criticism is a form of production

Comment

• Jonn
              • Mar 2008

zenith lose an inch or two of hem pants stack in a bad way

Comment

• Magician
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                Lowrey, love your latest fit!

My spring summer is more or less done now. No need for anything else, maybe a backup pair of boots...
                Do you live in Alaska?
                Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                  Going back to the initial reason I posted a comment on WAYWT, I guess I think you're fighting a fight against something imaginary. Even when I wore Raf's PVC Virginia Creeper shirt to my govt job, no one really gave much a damn until I fainted.
                  What I don't understand is how you can come on a fashion forum and use this example to try to show that what you wear doesn't hold any weight. It brings back the days of high school when I would spend hours in front of the mirror deciding what to wear and doing my hair and make up, and my dad would taunt me by saying that none of these things mattered and that I was just going through a 'phase'. It seems like you are fighting a fight against something imaginary.

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                  Talk about egomanical. You romanticize your job if you think being critical carries such weight. I don't have to explain this to you, but ugliness... and therefore beauty, are entirely subjective. And there is nothing one can say to refute that. One becomes a critic when one cannot create. I love you, E, but sometimes I wonder whether you truly believe the SZ opinion on fashion is the 'best' one?

The artist in me is angry this morning. :/
                  as if the only purpose of this forum (or of Faust's 'job') was to be critical. By getting together with other people to celebrate the things we find beautiful, aren't we fighting against the ugliness of the world, whether that is our intention or not, and whether or not people outside of this community also find those things beautiful?
                  http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

I don't think we're underaking any kind of fashion eugenics in an attempt to lash out against ugliness (perceived or transcendental). I think we're doin something a bit deeper than that. Earlier we were discussing how SZ doesn't have a uniform style, but that it's more of a nesting for people with similar (not congruous) philosophies, but different styles. Faust's "job" is not to enforce what he finds to be beautiful, that would be fascism. I might be wrong, but isn't SZ an emphasis on the revolt against all-too-common surface denominations of beauty? Against the faces in magazines and on billboards today's societies seem to have become so accustomed to? Let's not introduce holy progressions toward the archetype here. Can't we celebrate well-executed "mistakes" and "rechristen them as what's best in us"?

Just some reflections, no attempt to undermine or attack what's been said.
                    Originally posted by philip nod
                    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

I promised Becoming-Intense a long time ago to take some pic of the FW 10 Ann D trousers. Here are they.

Time now to let the younger generation express itself.
                      Last edited by Chant; 04-01-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• taylen
                        • Jul 2010

Awesome, C! wondering that what size mollino you're wearing? is that hammered lamb leather version in dust color? just because, it fits on you perfectly and the best so far that i've seen.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

They may be here, but where is B-I?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Time now to let the younger generation express itself.
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

Hahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀