''Inner" Leather
      Maroon Raglan Sleeve Pullover
      Maroon textured Scarf
      overdyed "Soft J" Pant
      -
      Zam barrett
      Boots-
      Carol Poell
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

zamb:
        looks great, as always. you were made to wear your own clothes.... guess that makes sense

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
          bitchy moth, i actually need a haircut!

Umami i got you, and i agree.
          Go to Lucia Iraci, the only newspaper they have lying around is Le Figaro, my kinda place.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by rilu
            amazing, merz, plus it looks really comfortable :) which pants are those?
            @riluu
            luc trapezium

merz looks like you've solved your footwear problem

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
              • Jun 2010

the requested fit pic of th L&F jacket i recently posted in the archive section.

unbuttoned

Comment

• neodym
                • Jan 2009

Most perfect drape I've seen on those pants, Merz.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                  uh oh chris classifieds vs merz will be modeling mbds mary kate outfit on ebay in a minute
                  Uhhh - can we agree that I don't own a single piece of western kitsch in my closet, and yeah, that's what I would wear on a walk to buy carrots. Didn't bother to expend too many braincells to pull it together. Most important: I got my fucking carrots.

And Merz - "trapped" in my closet? Or "raiding" my closet? In any case, "trapped" may be pretty apt it turns out - hopefully you'll send my Lanvin ballerinas back one day. I'm sure you've enjoyed them...

xoxo,

MBD
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by merz
                    picture
                    Ah Q,

Your normally can-do-no-wrong eye is, in my opinion, a little off with this one. You look like you're going to a ninja-goth spa, with layer and layers of terry cloth robes thrown this way and that as you wait to get into the steam room. (Ya-ya ninja-brohood?)

Alternatively, you could be making illuminated manuscripts, or painting saint's portraits on the grounds of a Russian Orthodox church. (That's a good thing in my book, btw.)

I think the ensemble would be improved with just a touch of structure.

MBD
                    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

few days ago... hallowe'en party

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                        i called rider eclectic (it was meant to be a term of endearment)...am i supposed to take it back now? i don't think eclectic has to be a bad thing (as in russian) although certainly it is going to be a lot easier to pull off personal style when it's more coherent, cohesive, predictable, or whatever. i'd prefer to think of eclectic as something perhaps unpredictable, or not easily categorized. but i wouldn't call those pics of mary-kate eclectic so much as just random.
                        of course you don't have to take it back. what silly thought!

I dislike "eclectic" because i believe that the people worth their weight are the ones that have a core. And that core extends to everything they do. And if you are a cowgirl today, a boho tomorrow, a goth on Friday, and a hipster on Saturday that core is missing. You are just a weather vane.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

^faust, i tend to agree in general. I see high school and college acquaintances on Facebook who were bon jovi fans that now love indie or guidos who are now fashionistas. I will admit however, it is fun wearing a flannel shirt once in a while or some other hipster kind of shit

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I understand. I might be wrong, too. But throughout my life I just tend to gravitate towards people like that and I find them to be the most genuine and interesting.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              of course you don't have to take it back. what silly thought!

I dislike "eclectic" because i believe that the people worth their weight are the ones that have a core. And that core extends to everything they do. And if you are a cowgirl today, a boho tomorrow, a goth on Friday, and a hipster on Saturday that core is missing. You are just a weather vane.
                              i believe that what you are describing is called "multiple style personality disorder"

i agree with what you are saying, perhaps we just have different associations with the word eclectic. maybe you just don't like it because you are russian (ukranian?) i think there are members on here though that are both eclectic in their tastes, and have a core...such as rider, fuuma, or seenmy...from what i can tell, they wear a wide range of designers, colors, and cuts but still have a style that is distinctly theirs. even mbd could be seen as eclectic, at least in my book. i also see junya watanabe's collections as eclectic, not individually but when compared from one season to the next, although they all clearly bear his signature.
                              http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

^total authenticity can be dangerous too if you don't bend to some societal norms and accept others. i have a 38 year old friend who, as my friend so eloquently said, is still all about "boots, goth babes and bleecker bob's". I have certainly sold a part of myself for career, family, friends, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎