30 mins, will post some high res ones when i transfer them

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

The waxing and waning quality of this thread can make one seasick.

A notable of the past few? Well, I don't just love BSR's Corawo CCP suit - I think it wouldn't be far off to say that I fucking love BSR's CCP suit. The matte dove grey...I love how radically "dull", like the under layer of paint on a car, the color is.

May I ask you BSR...are you wearing "hat hair" accessory in that photo?

Paul Harnden Virgin Wool/Cashmere mix light POW check "pocket" blazer - I hadn't realized just how prominent the pockets are, but I like them.
        Hermes Twilly Silk Scarf. Yeah, and what? "Mon sac Hermès!"
        Margiela Ligne 11 Snakeskin Belt
        R13 Cotton Jeans
        CCP Folded Kangaroo Object-Dyed Hockeyes
        Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 11-01-2011, 03:07 PM.
        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• JetLag
          • Jul 2008

Great T. !
          Maybe predictable ;)
          More than that, it looks obvious on you.
          Originally posted by danman
          If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

^ It may be the first time I'm not absolutely convinced by one of your outfits, MDB. Slim black jeans + cream CCP hockeyes... It is not a matter of colour, I don't know what bothers me exactly, but I don't like the vibe of it. Some "This is how celebs wear it" thing going on, I would say.

Bah - this is good nonetheless. I guess it's simply too chic for my senescent/ rural taste
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
              ^ It may be the first time I'm not absolutely convinced by one of your outfits, MDB. Slim black jeans + cream CCP hockeyes... It is not a matter of colour, I don't know what bothers me exactly, but I don't like the vibe of it. Some "This is how celebs wear it" thing going on, I would say.
              Ah MM, you curmudgeon! You must trust that female celebrities in the US are most certainly not wearing CCP Hockeyes (At least I hope not.) Black jeans yes, but perhaps we can attribute the bad taste left in your mouth to the denim preferences of those born-in-the-80s (or even 90s!).

In any case, I'd tried the jacket on with every possible iteration of a bottom that I could pull out of my closet in short notice. Ultimately, the dramatic silhouettes and de-con-stroy Japanese styles I typically gravitate to seemed a bit much for a 10 pm trip to buy vegetables for my amazing new juicer. You would never catch me in sweats - that I can say with certainty, but given the task at hand (get to the store before it closes) I think I managed to remain very recognizably, and authentically me; perhaps more than pulling together the most carefully constructed ensemble, there are times when being reasonably comfortable (while not succumbing to American Apparel) is all one wants.

MBD

p.s. though I'm sure it's just the "hipster" jeans and shoes you hate. Admit it!
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

I'm afraid so. I vaguely remember one of the Olsen twins photographed wearing CCP rubberband with something like slim jeans, and not liking it - was pulling the boots a bit too off. Must have been because of the wearer though, rather than because of the association in itself.

On the other hand, I don't see what would have been a better transition between the Harnden jacket and those boots. Maybe it is indeed the best compromise. Did you think of anything else - I mean, hadn't it been for a simple walk to the grocery store and back ?

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                p.s. though I'm sure it's just the "hipster" jeans and shoes you hate. Admit it!
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

I like it MDB, but then I'm also a Swede.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

MBD!

that pic makes me want to buy my hockeyes back!

today............
                    Wool/silk Slim Blazer
                    Overlock Drop Crotch DNA
                    Grey wool Echadh Seam
                    Grey Wool Gauze Scarf
                    Oxidized steel and leather belt- All Zam Barrett
                    Black Derbies- Augusta
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

sick!
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Zam, are you letting the interns do all the work while you are hopping around the half-empty building?! ;-)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• christianef
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                          I'm afraid so. I vaguely remember one of the Olsen twins photographed wearing CCP rubberband with something like slim jeans, and not liking it - was pulling the boots a bit too off. Must have been because of the wearer though, rather than because of the association in itself.
                          yep she wore them. i dont know though theyre no doubt celebrity fashion icons but at the same time they have a genuine interest in it and have pulled off some pretty cool looks on their own.

i like it MBD i can see whut mail moth is saying but wont fault you for it in this instance i think the perhaps subtle hipstery fashion celeb reference works for me like wtvr i dont have anything to prove.

HOF ZAMB

Comment

• Magic1
                            • Jan 2011

zam, you got some more interns? Not as good as your last though, right?

MBD, I like that jacket on you, especially with the shirt peeking out.

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

Dope Zam! I love when I designer looks best in his own gear.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

thanks peasant, lowrey and christianef
                                Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Zam, are you letting the interns do all the work while you are hopping around the half-empty building?! ;-)
                                if only i could my friend, if only i could
                                Just happy in the new space. and because I have to drive to work everyday now, I get to play dress up
                                I need more interns!
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎