Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hommedeguerre
    • Jun 2009

Anyhow... noted about the tucking of my boots It's a shame to hide the top of the boots due to their subtle ombre. I was considering tapering the OV jeans a tad below the knee...then the stacking wont be so voluminous...thoughts?
    Le 21ème

Comment

• Ochre
      • Sep 2009

You can critique people's outfits without using blatant misogynistic terminology. Rilu is arguing with you over your language, not because you're commenting negatively on peoples' fits. The fact that you don't realize this is why you're ignorant.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Just another saturday on SZ, I assume ?

Last eight pages have been a great demonstration of diversity. This is all I need to see when I come here : people hitting the mark their own way. Looking badass is cool, certainly, but that's just an option.

Anyway, Jogu might as well be the only one over here to live up to the way he dresses, so...

Endorphinz, I'd like to try some constructive criticism regarding your last outfits.
        I like the cream one - and that's not just because of the guidis. But the second and third ones are really confusing.
        Not sure about the boots on the second one - too flat maybe ; as for the striped sweater, I can't see it work with such a leather jacket or with any leather jacket in general ; same thing for the mittens. Thick wool and leather don't sound as a very good match, for a reason I can't figure out clearly yet.
        As for the third one, you probably should stick to one pattern only and avoid slim trousers when wearing a wide/boxy blazer like this one. Shoes look great, but they clash with the rest, not as much colour-wise (even if the black/brown/beige mix going on here is a problem in itself) than because of their apparent lightness, when the upper part of the outfit screams "winter !"
        And I would forget about those mittens if I were you ; a pair of leather gloves would be much more appropriate.

The one before this series was a good one, though - and I don't say that because it was black
        - but are all those tuck-in-boots things really a plus ? Not speaking only for you here.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
          Like I said.. it's all personal taste. It's not directed at anyone in particular. Just saying he looks like a bad-ass and that's what I like. Yet people will hate for whatever reasons and it's all fine to say those things. But I can't say some people dress like pussies and I think it's lame? I hope nobody takes it personal because you shouldn't. Whatever though.. I realize the weight some people will put on a sentence like that.
          Most of you guys dress like leather daddies so your idea of masculinity is very village people.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Jealously, biased opinions, prejudgement (for example, brainless misogyny)... it's insane. Direct, one-on-one negativity is a pillar.
            A, you look awesome. Like a man instead of some.. others.
            But I can't say some people dress like pussies and I think it's lame?
            Can't agree more with you.

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
              Anyway, Jogu might as well be the only one over here to live up to the way he dresses, so...

What a bizarre and presumptuous thing to say... And no, the "I may or may not be serious about this" emoticon doesn't make this better.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

I'm completely serious, Mr Beuys. There's something strange about the way we dress when we know the kind of field in which people here tend to work. I don't think they're exposed on a daily basis to the kind of brutality conveyed by some of the clothes we see on that board.
                Nor do I chop wood or hunt grouse for a living.

People may answer that the clothes they like have no relation whatsoever with any kind of imaginary, that it is all about fabrics and stuff - but I'm afraid I can't buy that when badass comes across as one of the best compliments you can get here.

But I'm fine with that - this bit of cosplay thing. I only regret people tend to hide this dimension of clothing behind more noble considerations, as if they were ashamed of playing the game of appearances.
                Jogu simply doesn't seem to - and strangely enough he may be the less disguised of us all.

Edit : Eternal , Christian was obviously pointing the contradictions in Peasants posts.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
                  Well, I don't see why you can't agree more Christian.
                  I think that you should read my post again.
                  And maybe Fuuma's as well.

Edit : thanks, Master.
                  Last edited by Chant; 11-27-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

I don't like it when mummy and daddy fight

Just wanted to say that I love the shape of that jacket genevieveryoko, and the curved collar totally makes it for me. And like DRRRK says, the overall silhouette is cool.

Oh and kinda late, but I really liked that second shot kuugaia, the jacket looks pretty darn good.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

Haha, so it seems we're a bunch of cos-playing pussies...is that what we're trying to get at?

Mail-Moth your recent post is just completely ridiculous...and I hope that I'm interpreting it incorrectly actually. Because that's some serious wtf. As mrbeuys put - very bizarre, and extremely presumptuous. And that's putting it nicely...

^ Cheers syed. I second that on genevieveryoko, the jacket really makes that outfit. Particularly liked the corner shot haha.
                      Last edited by kuugaia; 11-27-2011, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

i love how SZ splits into pussies vs badasses
                        i side with the pussies who wear pseudo military gear to protect themselves from the badasses
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                          • Sep 2010

Yeah, but the badasses ain't all that!

Some of them frequent fashion websites.
                          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Kuugaia : I would agree with the bizarre, but I don't understand the presomptuous part.

Is it wrong to say that there are more than few fictional/non fictional references in the way we chose to dress ? Even designers don't make a mystery of theirs. We even have a style inspirations thread just next door.

I'm not saying people shouldn't wear this or that kind of gear unless they actually make a job of cutting people's fingers or living in a lodge. What I say is simply there's nothing wrong in recognizing that there's a part of disguise/cosplay/you name it in the way we dress.
                            Big deal, really.

Unless AKA, as a recent example, is really as dangerous as he looks on that pic ?

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                              Kuugaia I'm not saying people shouldn't wear this or that kind of gear unless they actually make a job of cutting people's fingers or living in a lodge. What I say is simply there's nothing wrong in recognizing that there's a part of disguise/cosplay/you name it in the way we dress.
                              this is true, naturally.

i definitely have an aggressive side to my personality, but i enjoy playing it up even more in what i wear.

also, moth, "hunting grouse" and "cutting fingers" lol.

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

Mail-Moth: It seems the difference in what we're talking about lies in our definitions of 'disguise/cosplay'.

In my opinion, disguise/cosplay is the intentional and conscious action of trying to pretend to be something you're clearly not. A very stupid but simple example: dressing up as Batman or as a bank robber. And although I understand where you're coming from, I certainly see a key difference. Let's use AKA as the example. I'm sure he's probably nowhere near as 'dangerous' as he looks in that pic (indeed very badass), but that doesn't mean that he's disguising himself to be more dangerous than he actually is. It doesn't mean he's disguising himself at all. 'Why?' - simply because that's not his intention. He didn't kop that clothing, put it on, and start rolling through the streets to try and be dangerous. He did it simply because he liked it and it looks cool to him. He wasn't trying to imitate or consciously be anything other than himself.

So if other people say he's trying to dress up and pretend to be a thug, then so be it. If others say he's trying to dress up and pretend to be somebody from The Matrix, then so bit. That's other people's assumptions of what they visually see and associate with in their personal experience, and then use to label. So it's an extremely presumptuous thing to say: "wow AKA is trying to dress-up like a dangerous mofo, but he's obviously not. I know him from the internet, and he's really just a little baby." Are you also saying that Wire is trying to dress up and pretend to be somebody from Yohji's universe? To me - the way Wire dresses is the way Wire is.

Lastly, job occupations are not an indication of who you are, or what you should dress like either. In my point of view, we all play dress-up and disguise ourselves when to go to work - to fit into the constructs of the work environment. And then when we're actually off and away from work, that's when we're truly ourselves. After all, if there was no money in the equation, I'm sure a lot of our job occupations would change.

Again I stand by my statement that your post was extremely presumptuous. To say 8 pages worth of posters, excluding Jogu, are just a bunch of people dressing up in stuff that's not actually a reflection of who they are...well that's just...presumptuous.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎