Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oasis
    • Apr 2011

I don't see why everyones getting so touchy about MK's comment. The thumb holes are a pain in the ass on any garment. Sure you can function with them and wear the jacket with your hands out of the 'normal' hole but at the end of the day a jacket cut to normal sleeve length with no thumb hole is obviously less 'in the way' so to speak.. Not that I dislike the jacket; it's dope and I prefer it with the glove but the point is still valid..
    Originally posted by christianef
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I don't really see anyone getting touchy...? personally, I was just cracking a half-joke on the presumption that you can't wear the sleeves like any regular jacket. As for being a pain in the ass, I have several garments with thumbholes, for example button up shirts and knits, and wearing any of them "regularly" (whole hand through the cuff) feels quite normal. I would assume its the same with this coat, if you need your full hands for whatever task, shtick them out the sleeve. that said, I do find it pointless to ponder such things, let the person wearing the garment worry about how to wash their hands.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• avout
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Christian View Post
        Eating a sandwich ??? OMG...
        Sorry man, didn't mean to imply you would actually stoop that low.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        you can actually stick your entire hand out of the sleeve
        That's what I was wondering - curiosity sated.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          I don't really see anyone getting touchy...? personally, I was just cracking a half-joke on the presumption that you can't wear the sleeves like any regular jacket. As for being a pain in the ass, I have several garments with thumbholes, for example button up shirts and knits, and wearing any of them "regularly" (whole hand through the cuff) feels quite normal. I would assume its the same with this coat, if you need your full hands for whatever task, shtick them out the sleeve. that said, I do find it pointless to ponder such things, let the person wearing the garment worry about how to wash their hands.
          I've never had any tailored, non-jersey items with thumb holes, hence my genuine curiosity about the coat's practicality; especially considering how slim and long CCP sleeves are to begin with. Although I don't think anyone has gotten touchy, I believe that a simple straightforward answer such as 'the whole hand can fit through the cuff when necessary' would have sufficed, instead of Christian keeping my post in mind for a week and then taking multiple photos... That said, the coat looks awesome and that's all that matters.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• liberty_of_style
            • Aug 2011

Zam
            CCP
            Zam
            Guidi
            I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by rilu
              killah, that stuff seems great, hope some day you make a better pic of it :)

seconded. i appreciate the anarchic approach i pick up from you. inspiring stuff.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Liberty of style : The tucked in pants and footwear are quite disserving the whole outfit here : it makes your feet look huge, narrow, wrinkled and flat at the same time, like the palms of a syndactile goose.

The angle can't be blamed, since the pic was taken from an higher point. It would probably appear even less flattering if seen from a correct angle.

That said, everything else looks good.

I never got the universal love for those guidis, in fact : the flat toebox and soft leather -which seems unable to give the foot any support whatsoever and emphasizes any of its imperfections - rather make them look like huge, ugly leather socks than anything else.
                And certainly not boots.

- And yes, I am aware that wearing something that feels like soft leather socks is kind of the point. But leather socks ? Really ?
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

^ has never been suspended from the ceiling in a crotchless leather suit

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

^ Calling leather fetish to the rescue might sound witty, but honestly, it doesn't make those boots look any better.

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

I think they look very good in promotional photos and in certain significant waywts, which is also how most of the customer base on SZ is exposed to them.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

^ And they probably can look good, as long as their wearer has the kind of narrow feet which make sizing up a bit less necessary, and as long as the upper part of what he's wearing doesn't make them look completely out of place.

But that makes them difficult to pair, when they rather seem to be perceived as very easy-going boots.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Well I'd say they are fairly easy boots if you don't tuck them (and overall if they fit your feet). tucking is definitely more challenging to pull off, and I agree its not working here at all.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

I find it's hard to pull off the tuck with most zip boots unless you have long slender legs. For most people, the sooner they realise this the better.

Comment

• blowdown
                              • Feb 2011

^ i dont expect someone who is horizontally challenged to tuck in those boots, looks bad in every way...

besides i nv really thought it was right to the sizing up on guidis...go TTS, the start may be a little worrying but eventually they play out fine..

also agreed that they are fairly easy boots to pull off untucked..

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
                                horizontally challenged
                                vertically you mean?
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎