Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blowdown
    • Feb 2011

^ both actually, he was talking about thickness of the legs, height would play a big part too i would say.

well all in all if someone is horizontally challenged, i think the silhouette when it comes down to tucking in to make everything narrower at the bottom would just look fucking weird

Comment

• liberty_of_style
      • Aug 2011

Thanks guys! Yes I know what you are talking about. There is some flat, goose like spirit. I tried my Viridi Ann's shoes with this look, and it was good in my opinion. But. I wanted to try. I love this leather socks. May be the reason why, that it's my first pair of such unusual shoes. Or as Patroclus said about promo... Tomorrow I will post the second fit with Viridis if you don't mind. Or should I move it to Yes or No thread?
      I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
        besides i nv really thought it was right to the sizing up on guidis...go TTS, the start may be a little worrying but eventually they play out fine..
        buy shoes 2 sizes too small - might be "a little worrying"?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Raw View Post
          I find it's hard to pull off the tuck with most zip boots unless you have long slender legs. For most people, the sooner they realise this the better.
          Here I think it's because the outfit is quite formal, so it doesn't work. Don't overdo it.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blowdown
            • Feb 2011

^ i had them 1 up, pretty convinced they could be TTS...

speaking in terms of backzips and the 991 lace up, shall not derail this any further though

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
              ^ i had them 1 up, pretty convinced they could be TTS...

speaking in terms of backzips and the 991 lace up, shall not derail this any further though
              well, you were speaking of guidis in general ("i nv really thought it was right to the sizing up on guidis...go TTS"). I'm just saying that I don't see a point in making statements like this when it does vary by model and various other things.

any way, lets carry on.

"bad photo but I'm posting any way?"

l'm beanie
              drkshdw hoody
              ccp dead ends
              visvims for climbing
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Here I think it's because the outfit is quite formal, so it doesn't work. Don't overdo it.
                My thoughts as well...tucking seems to look better when informal. I also happen to feel that slim boots are slim for a reason, so they fit under your pants nicely.

And Guidi sizing does vary depending on model, and also how you like to wear your shoes. Some of us go up a size so we can add insoles, etc.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                  I believe that a simple straightforward answer such as 'the whole hand can fit through the cuff when necessary' would have sufficed, instead of Christian keeping my post in mind for a week and then taking multiple photos... That said, the coat looks awesome and that's all that matters.
                  why are you so negative? you should feel flattered and happy to be inspirational.
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                    I find it's hard to pull off the tuck with most zip boots unless you have long slender legs. For most people, the sooner they realise this the better.
                    i like the tucked looked with very low crotch pants. i think it's all in the sartorial intent. i'd tuck julius but i'd never tuck yohji. all in context!

Comment

• Vanquish_Gold
                      • Dec 2010

liberty_of_style, I think your guidi looks fine as well... this is the exact proportion that most cartoonist would draw for the lower part of a character... which is... well... cool. Top part should focus on lengthening your silhouette in a vertical way, eg. a longer coat will do magic.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

Agree on the longer coat / lower crotch combination. I can see it work. But I still think that people with relatively wide feet and muscular legs will not exactly look good in those. This is not exactly your case, Q.
                        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• christianef
                          • Feb 2009

fuck the tuck

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Like the pic a lot Lowrey.
                            At first sight, I thought that you were handling a boot.

Comment

• trentk
                              • Oct 2010

Liberty - untuck the pants, stand normally, switch the ccp shirt for an untucked turtleneck, and I think you would look much better.
                              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Lowrey, really love it. as always, best photos come when you don't posing and even don't think about it. this is what is missing in many contributions and mine too.

French crew, as always. great.

Liberty, I donno. I can't agree with MM about guidis, but this is not your boots, really, it's just doesn't work for you. pm for further conv.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎