• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
    Harsh... May be the angle of the pic...
    Or it may be that MBD looks like she's about to sit down on an invisible chair. And the toes pointing inward doesn't help, not very "power lesbian". That's what I mean, it just looks awkward, and I am just assuming the suit is forcing her into this posture.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

The fact that her outfit is creating conflict is enough for me to like it. I honestly can't see what's not striking about it though. well done mbd.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

MBD,

What does it feel like to wear it? Christian mentioned the typical male visual effect. Straightening up and elongation. But how do you feel when you wear it?

I'd a similar question for Lowery, with the suit you are selling because it is a bit tight. Fuckit, it looks great. Really great. I'll take a little blood supply constriction, and a bit of wiggling to get it on and off.
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I of course like the way it looks as well, but I wear my suits to work among other things so I need more than just good looking. I can wear this exact cut in lighter fabrics just fine (including a suit in CORD-PTC, same as MBD's), but the combination on this other one just makes it that critical bit too tight to feel comfortable in...
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            The fact that her outfit is creating conflict is enough for me to like it. I honestly can't see what's not striking about it though. well done mbd.
            I assume it's causing conflict only because of what it is, what it's 'sposed to represent and and it's related cost. visually there's nuthin exceptional about it;neither in a bad way nor in a good way. it looks fine. it's virtually indistinguishable from any other black suit worn by a professional fe-male on a nyc subway....when they run.

Let's put it this way: this fit would never garner enuf attention to attract a "stranger's reaction"... that's not a bad thing. I just bring it up because of the dissection it's undergoing.

disclaimer:
            obviously my view is based on 1 static pic posted on a forum. my opinion might change upon a first hand , up close & personal look

disclaimer 2: mbd always looks good... just sayin, this suit, the way it's represented is not very "different".... don't think it would get any jobs nor lose any. it looks fine.

the only reason it's bein critically analyzed is cuz, well...... and I guess that's cool but if it's sposed to be an interview suit, it really shouldn't be confrontational.... and it's not. I know mbd feels great when she wears it------> perfect for an interview suit.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

I think the suit looks good, MBD. It's in keeping with my vision of CCP—almost conventional, but something's wrong.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                I assume it's causing conflict only because of what it is, what it's 'sposed to represent and and it's related cost. visually there's nuthin exceptional about it;neither in a bad way nor in a good way. it looks fine. it's virtually indistinguishable from any other black suit worn by a professional fe-male on a nyc subway....when they run.

Let's put it this way: this fit would never garner enuf attention to attract a "stranger's reaction"... that's not a bad thing. I just bring it up because of the dissection it's undergoing.

disclaimer:
                obviously my view is based on 1 static pic posted on a forum. my opinion might change upon a first hand , up close & personal look

disclaimer 2: mbd always looks good... just sayin, this suit, the way it's represented is not very "different".... don't think it would get any jobs nor lose any. it looks fine.

the only reason it's bein critically analyzed is cuz, well...... and I guess that's cool but if it's sposed to be an interview suit, it really shouldn't be confrontational.... and it's not. I know mbd feels great when she wears it------> perfect for an interview suit.
                I don't really find the ma-le counterpart all that different from a uber-tailored suit either tho. Both look good...neither look all that interesting.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

I don't really find the ma-le counterpart all that different from a uber-tailored suit either tho. Both look good...neither look all that interesting.
                  have you ever handled one for real?
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

i was unimpressed with ccp until i handled it. everything is so substantial & is detailed so beautifully. whenever i goto atelier i am like a child and have to touch all of the ccp leather and gawk at the seam work. those arm length leather gloves look silly only but when you hold them in person it's pretty remarkable.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                      have you ever handled one for real?

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

i don't see how this answers me, it must be my poor english
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• lazyguru
                          • Jun 2008

on internets look = seem
                          In real life look = now I see

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I was speaking of how his suiting appears in photographs. I realize the garments are special when you see them in person, but they don't always translate that way, just as mbd's outfit may not appear quite what it seems to some.

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

Look as in, never touched, which is essential to appreciating it. Even the best photography doesn't do it justice. Not saying it's for everyone but criticism by those who merely view online photos must bet taken with a grain of salt.

Her photo just looks like an average suit but in person I'm sure it's a different story. Either way those boots have got to go.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

I'm not going to let Christian CCP this page all over the place single-handedly. Here is my contribution to the slow act of making SZ CCP shill-like. Isn't it Mary-Kate's turn to post a CCPish fit?

Carol Christian Poell
                                Fe-Male Single Button Jacket (in my size finally!)
                                Fe-Male Breadsticks (in my size finally!)
                                CCP Hockeyes
                                Margiela Watch Necklace

And would any CCP fit-pic be complete without an accounting of fabric codes? CORD-PTC/10

This is my professional "interview" suit, btw.

MBD

This is what I call fit perfection. Look at that shoulder.

Remove the jacket / throw on a wifebeater, and you justify the boots. That's just me, though.
                                I'd like this barefoot, too.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎