• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    indeed, but the current version Ive seen on websites of stores who usually do a very good Job of presenting items by other designers, even menswear by him, and I've seen nothing so far that works as good as the menswear

Of course this argument is an easy cop out, to argue that all designers work only work on specific body types
    the problem with this is that it doesn't seem that any of the unique features of women's bodies are borne in mind in the creation of this collection.........

Of which the most notable are,
    a higher bust line
    a shorter torso length
    a greater differential in the waist to hip ratio

A part of the reason the Blazer looks better on MBD opened than closed is possibly that womens Jackets require a higher button stance that that of men.
    this thinking made a lot of sense when the entire country had fairly homogeneous diets and lifestyles but it's starting to break down. for example theetruscan mentioned having like a 15" chest drop, but I have a 4" chest drop. women's tailoring actually works pretty well on me cuz dem girls aint got tits either. my point is that there's at least as much variance between bodies of the same sex as there are between bodies of opposite sex, it's too hard to generalize like this. and besides, it's not like clothing, even tailored clothing, really has to be anatomical.

Originally posted by merz
    If i looked like i couldn't have just stepped out of the bar scene in star wars, i'd be doing it wrong.
    ikr
    if my personal identity is an intergalactic spice smuggler then goddamnit anything less than looking like a star wars extra would just be dishonest of me

Comment

• JetLag
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
      i hate ccp suits on dudes but thats looks dope mbd
      Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I take the opposite view. Even MBD can't save this. Leave it to power lesbians like Jil Sander.
      I really don't get both of these quotes...
      MBD looks great in this suit, even with the hockeyes boots. Higher heels are obviously a plus for anyone with average proportions.
      Originally posted by danman
      If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
        this thinking made a lot of sense when the entire country had fairly homogeneous diets and lifestyles but it's starting to break down. for example theetruscan mentioned having like a 15" chest drop, but I have a 4" chest drop.
        Quick note: This is what happens when I go to a hipster clothing store. They have no fucking clue what they're on about. I have a 6"-7" chest-waist drop, they were just out to lunch and measured off my overarm - waist. Oops.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

that's really disappointing, but i kind of figured it was off
          quick google says that auhnuld at his peak had a 20ish" chest drop
          figured it was extreme but i didn't realize how extreme

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Yeah, totally spaced it. Should have realized the absurdity of that. A 20" chest to stomach drop is crazy... Steroids are impressive.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

how can anything possibly look better? best ccp outfit here so far.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                And I know the armory is gonna come out but in my opinion, as much as I love CCP menswear, From what I've seen so far I am still not convinced the cut will work well on most women's bodies. and will only work better with some serious tinkering with the shapes and proportions
                K - I don't mean to take up so much space with this narcissism (def. "a narcissist is someone who dresses better than yo-self.") But don't act like some of you weren't curious.

The raglan back coat is being made based on my measurements with the suit on, so we shall see if it can be accomplished by Him.

It seems that the team is tinkering with details and proportions - albeit slowly - for FE-MALE.

For example, in my latter fit pic, I mentioned a detail about the fly in the latest iteration of the FE-MALE breadstick:

As you can see, there is an elastic contraption added that can make the waist expand easily. The sides of the fly area aren't parallel but, instead, create a more triangular shape so that were the waist altered, you'd only need to move the silver bar, and shift the buttons.

Here is the fly on the older version of the breadsticks:

I'm not a CCP nerd so I don't know if the suit being sold at Darklands is different (from the back details, it looks to be.) I can say only that mine is from a FE-MALE 2010 pattern and the latter pair of pants comes from an earlier iteration - AW 07-08.

The pair of pants from the image found at Darklands appears to be of the earlier iteration. I dunno. You have phones and thumbs.

As far as the pant hem, as I mentioned before, I like to try the hem at different temporary lengths (just tucked under) before settling on a final length. In my opinion, my legs are a little too thin relative to my above waist proportions and the fabric too thin (yet dense enough that I wore this suit out sans coat in 40 F weater) to really do well with anything more than a touch of a break.

Raglan back details will be deposited to the CCP archive. And yes, I'm a small size. If you have sizing questions, feel free since there may not be a million people to ask. I may just take a few days to respond.

I'm just pleased as punch to have a skinny suit, and I hope that posting this will encourage other "power lesbians" wearing CCP to out themselves. I'd like to see the details of more FE-MALE pieces worn by women, personally.

MBD
                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

All the lesbians of this world wish interest1 was a lesbian.
                  sain't

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yeah, baby. Jil would eat you for breakfast!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Good thing I'm not a big morning person.
                      sain't

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

All the lesbians of this world wish interest1 was a lesbian.
                        She's not? Thank god.

I don't mind the hockeyes but the color/treatment make them out of their element. Suit looks awesome. Get those white perf'd derbies to wear with them. Be fuckin' smokin.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

You thought I was a lesbian?! .

It's not my fault I look like mrbeuys from the neck, down. But with boobs.

Blame Rick. Blame the dunks.
                          sain't

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Not really. Not from a visual perspective, anyway (dunks don't help, though).
                            Most of the witty, shrewd, interesting women I hang out with tend to prefer the same sex as me. What are you gonna do?

Comment

• Ochre
                              • Sep 2009

I find the suit to be unequivocally sick, T. Cheers.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post

Not really. Not from a visual perspective, anyway (dunks don't help, though).
                                Most of the witty, shrewd, interesting women I hang out with tend to prefer the same sex as me. What are you gonna do?

Compliment taken.
                                Well, as they say, always keep 'em guessing. ;)
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎