Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Don't listen to him, I fucking loved it. But given my own context I'm this forum, that could be considered a red flag in itself.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• neongud
      • Mar 2013

Winter in norway.jpg

(Also, I think I need some new (not skinny) jeans. Any recs?)

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I think because of the way the coat cinches at the waist and flares out at the hips, it would be better to have pants more voluminous up top that would extend that line further down. You could go bbs but maybe that's too obvious. If you are open to non denim, there are some really good pants by a lot of labels that could fit the bill, a cursory look at cruvoir shows some good options by L&F, Lumen, etc.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• neongud
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
          some stuff
          Yeah, was thinking some BBS maybe. Any recs for models/cuts?

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I would rather loosen up the waist area, it looks too tight. I could only se that being pulled of if you are really skinny and have narrow hips. Also the sheer top is a bit too long like that on its own, would look better shorter or with a solid layer covering part of it.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
              ok why / why not

please explain why that fit belongs here.

what about the ethos of SLP and Dior what sets it apart from Armani?
              I know you are not a troll, so I'm just sitting and scratching my head here...
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neongud
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                I would rather loosen up the waist area, it looks too tight. I could only se that being pulled of if you are really skinny and have narrow hips. Also the sheer top is a bit too long like that on its own, would look better shorter or with a solid layer covering part of it.
                Noted. The Samurai is a size smaller than I would prefer but they are so rare I had to buy anyways. Now lets see this attempt to mold my body into it instead of the other way around.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Bravo, FMC, bravo!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                    I din´t mean to say Rick´s the messiah with the be-all-end-all opinion we gotta swallow, it was simply something I remembered and wanted to throw into the discussion (also to see if someone else would remember the actual quote).

Actually, excluding for the Exchange diffusion line, all I ever see from Armani in department stores is the same crap, so one could say his aesthetic is consistent(ly bad).
                    It was Damir who said he admires Armani. I know, cause I was there and I thought I was hallucinating. But it was at Pitti Uomo two years ago when Damir has already made a radical departure from his early days (god, he already had "early days"? Time flies...)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

neongud

Not really sure what you would deem a skinny cut...

But I'm a fan of these P13's (P13R-F162M)

The Archive SF is a San Francisco men's fashion boutique where you can find progressive and unique dark fashion designs. Discover emerging brands—learn more!

If your looking for something less form fitting, perhaps look at the P1's and P3's if you can find them.

Good Luck!

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                        Noted. The Samurai is a size smaller than I would prefer but they are so rare I had to buy anyways. Now lets see this attempt to mold my body into it instead of the other way around.
                        I don't know what the closure is like, but I would consider having it altered slightly by moving the buttons etc, if possible.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

This thread has become so ridiculous I'm embarrassed for participating in it anymore. TriggerDiscipline, I get that you're trying to make some kind of point that if Armani doesn't reflect the ethos of this site, neither does Saint Laurent, but you're being kind of a dick by continuing to harp on it. While the fit I posted is fairly classic, I think it still has some aesthetic continuity with the forum. Saint Laurent may not be a favorite brand here, but it's super relevant in today's fashion discourse in a way that Armani is not. If if makes you feel better, I had Ann on under the coat.

Still, I don't think it's a great idea to police "acceptable" brands here as I would like to see more variety, not less. As long as a certain level of quality that distinguishes this forum can be maintained.

Finally, as Lowrey said (thanks BTW), it is significant that I've posted here literally since day 1. It's not like I get undue favoritism, but people know I'm not trolling when I post some Saint Laurent and they can see how it fits within my overall style. I started posting when Dior was still cool and respected here, now I'm feeling old.
                          music

Comment

• shuit
                            • Apr 2012

Like Lowrey&Dudley said Neongud, waist & hip look really tight.. The sheerness of your top is highlighting it too. If I were you I would just shorten the sheer looking undershirt and change the shape of it. Style-wise, I would pair with a trouser that hangs straight from your hip and doesn't contour your leg shape as much as the jeans.. If you like wearing jeans, get some that have a lower crotch, it helps trick the eyes a bit. Relaxed drawstring pants are also ideal in this situation. Everyone makes them so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thicker scarf would be another thing to consider too- add more drama to it.

Nice weather today:

ps: Love your fit Casem. I don't mind it at all. I miss wearing dh.

Comment

• neongud
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                              Relaxed drawstring pants are also ideal in this situation.
                              I tried this and found it looks way better. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• kamsky
                                • Jan 2007

Some color.

PH/Visvim/Visvim/M.A+/Dries

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎