X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YTheLastMan
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I think it gets even more problematic when people turn up the ethical component to the n-th degree. Wear only organic cotton, drink only fair trade coffee, don't eat meat because of animal welfare, don't eat fish because we are overfishing, don't drive or fly because we've reached peak oil, and so on. The hard truth is that that there is no pure lifestyle in this world. And maybe there never was. So that's really what has irked me in the fudge's post. Let him who's without a sin, and so on...
    I think you can compartmentalize these things.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be 'organic cotton' but certainly there is a marked difference in labour standards between something let's say, Rick produces vs. something from Uniqlo. That much should be obvious.

The salient point is that this touches closer to home for most (this IS a fashion forum), so clearly the discussion will ebb towards clothing.

PS. I am vegetarian and 'one of those people' who tries to be mostly 'ethical' but I am certainly aware that every commodity has a cost.
    All my clothes are made in Italy or Japan, but I have an iPhone...I'm aware of the cognitive dissonance but I'm forced to accept degrees of it. You can choose not to buy a $10 t-shirt that some child made...doesn't mean you have to buy something Rick makes at $200+ lol.

Comment

• guardimp
      • Jun 2010

Where do you see this innate difference? Do you consider workers in Moldova to be treated that much better than workers in a Uniqlo factory? Or is it just the pricing differential that leads you to believe that there is some difference in labour standards?

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
        Adjusting to my new home in Austin. Wondering how an East Coast wardrobe will work down here. Pretty basic but I just needed something to go get tacos.

Rick/Wang/PS/DRKSHDW/Ann
        I would like this except the proportion of the layered t shirts/jacket is off. Might look OK without the jacket, or without one of the tees, or I don't know. The contrast in the t-shirt layering is too much too, given the gradient of the jacket. Ann + pods is good, though.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I think the main issue is the top layer tee being too short for such "agressive" layering. add at least 5" to both and I think it would look better.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
            • Oct 2014

So I probably should have un-bunched the tee shirt because the white one hangs maybe an inch below the black one, and looks less 'aggressive'. But like I said, I needed tacos and blame all fit problems on hunger.

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

Those Ann high tops pair surprisingly well with your pods. The top half looks decent considering how rushed you were for tacos . But I would probably take out one of the tees (pick a tee with the length of the white one but in the colour black?)

Comment

• YTheLastMan
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                Where do you see this innate difference? Do you consider workers in Moldova to be treated that much better than workers in a Uniqlo factory? Or is it just the pricing differential that leads you to believe that there is some difference in labour standards?
                Where'd you pull Moldova from? I don't see Rick using 'slave labour'. Some countries have regulations, and others don't. That's all I was attempting to convey.
                Last edited by YTheLastMan; 01-22-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

glitch prism
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                    • Feb 2014

Trig wish the picture was brighter. Are you wearing cargos? Love the hoodie btw.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

I wanted that hoodie but it's big..

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

dji same man. I tried it on and it looked giant on me, even in the correct size.

Comment

• francojean23
                          • Sep 2008

Need brighter picture, but collared shirt and giant hoody is discordant.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                            Isn't that what makes this outfit interesting?
                            The morning is not enough.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                              the cargo pants are suit material; suit pants = button down shirt.

I'm not wearing the suit jacket because it wasn't cold enough to warrant both but the jacket alone would be too cold.
                              given the casualness of the pants despite material, the padded vest, is IMMHO warranted.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

still [slightly] discordant for me, but let me explain;

nobody can tell what fabric your pants are made of, (at least in this picture) suiting or otherwise - and their cargo nature's silhouette will clash aesthetically in many people's minds (mine included).

that being said, I don't mind the collared shirt as it's a formal / casual / fuck-you thing firmly rooted in punk and/or gothic culture (at least in my part of the world, during the timeframe of my youth).

in that [punkish] vein though, I would expect to see your cargos tucked into those [apparently] heavy boots, as well as your head shaved down a bit further.

it needn't be to the skin, but it's floating in "computer programmer" territory right now, and just looks like a strong choice needs to be made there to cement your look (or style in general).

either way I like all the pieces, and despite not totally vibing with their combination & styling here still enjoy the outfit (as I do the majority of your fits).
                                Last edited by curiouscharles; 01-23-2015, 05:11 AM.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎