X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: What are you wearing today?

those Jil shirts were $800? I thought they were nice too, but that's heavy.</p>

</p>

</p>

YY/CDG/Lanvin
    </p>

Comment

• mesh
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]there's no need to be nasty to the guy, even although he does keep asking for approval. and, seriously, with the sheep comment.....and the approval of the sheep coment.......let he who hath not sinnedetc.[/quote]</P>

Seriously,ironic indeed.</P>

Comment

• snafu
        • Apr 2008

very nice mathew like this fit

Comment

• TypicalFashion
          • Mar 2007

[quote user="mass"]love those jil knit tees... the ones i've always been looking for are the ones in the campaign.

[/quote]</p>

</p>

i loved that campaign</p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

$800 for that extra long sleeved tee? Damn, that rivals many many other brands.</p>

I'll make you one for $400.</p>
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• giantreptile
              • Jun 2008

My first post... been lurking a while. don't recognize sufu anymore, so maybe this is the logical progression.</P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>

today:</P>

thomas pink short sleeve button collar</P>

'98 helmut lang sand washed jeans</P>

mmm german army sneaks, all white</P>

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I wish people would stop comparing SZ to SuFu.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

[quote user="mesh"]

[quote user="Johnny"]there's no need to be nasty to the guy, even although he does keep asking for approval. and, seriously, with the sheep comment.....and the approval of the sheep coment.......let he who hath not sinnedetc.[/quote]</p>

Seriously,ironic indeed.</p>

[/quote]</p>

disagree.</p>

it is a given that to some extent we all copy each other. everyone sees the way other people dress and are bound to be inspired by elements of other people's style (in turn, influenced by still other people's style, in turn . . . &gt;&gt; infinite regression). in so doing, hopefully they make it their own.</p>

by contrast, this guy isn't making anything his own. on the contrary he is dressing for the eyes of others, desperately seeking approval for a look which is entirely designed to the end of said approval, and in this way being a sheep, trying to blend/fit in with the herd.</p>

it ultimately comes down to personal style vs. look-subscription (effectively following a trend). or rather, whether you wear it because you like it, or because you think/hope/wish other people will like it.</p>

I realize that this is far more black and white than the reality of the situation, and most, if not all, of us likely fall into one or another shade of grey along the continuum. however, to simply label everyone a sheep seems even more of an oversimplification, and IMO wrong.
                  </p>

Comment

• oskar
                    • Mar 2008

my friend goo, really like your ann pieces!

Comment

• giantreptile
                      • Jun 2008

[quote user="Faust"]I wish people would stop comparing SZ to SuFu.
                      [/quote]</P>
                      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

ouch. i guess that was a warm welcome. i suppose people have to take what they can get around here. i now realize that there's a 'introduce yourself' thread, so-- oops!</P>

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="giantreptile"]

[/quote]</p>
                        <p mce_keep="true"></p>

ouch. i guess that was a warm welcome. i suppose people have to take what they can get around here. i now realize that there's a 'introduce yourself' thread, so-- oops!</p>

[/quote]</p>

No, hahaha. Don't worry, it's just so happens that many people x-post between here and SuFu, but I think the boards are entirely different (no disrespect to SuFu). Keep posting.</p>
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unknown
                          • Jun 2008

People you dont get me right.. before discovering new designers (like ro, ccp and so on) i was stuck with dsquared and so on, like nearly all other german "fashionists" too.</P>

In germany the style of most "fashionists" is very simple and boring and is mostly related to stupid dsquared² - so i didnt know anything else.</P>

in the last few month i started to try out new cuts, designers and so on. Its a slow development to find a style that fits my personality..</P>

in fact, i am bored very fast of a "style". Wearing "all one way" bored me within two month and i seek new pieces. I hope that the style which is shown in this board offers more.. lets say, "directions" which i can try then most other styles.</P>

I dont dress for the people, but in german fashion boards (and on the streets too) very different styles are predominating, so its very hard to get some critics on your fits.</P>

dont understand me wrong.. i dont dress for or by the internet. i only want to talk to people which are as much interested in fashion as i am and which can give me consturcite critics, so i may be able to buy something that is just "right".</P>
                          <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

in that case, i think you should be contributing to fashion discussion, and not simply posting pictures of yourself. i also think you should go to stores and see the clothes we talk about in person, handle it, try it on, ask the salespeople about fabrics, etc. it's a long, gradual process. if you simply keep posting pictures of yourself, then i am afraid you are not going to get reactions beyond those you've received already.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[/quote]</p>

seriously if one more person identifies themselves from being from sufu, i will start a sufu transitional punishment thread. </p>
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="iSuck"]Meeting up with people from my new job.
                                [/quote]</p>

congrats, whats the new job. i think i touched that leather at barneys very nice </p>
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎