• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="kunk75"]

the whole 50 posts or more thing seems a bit shortsighted. it's not that i find it elitist ? it's that plenty of people who dress well have no understanding of fashion's history and could contribute very little to any intelligent conversation on the matter.</p>

</p>

Seems it would lead to posting for the sake of posting to reach said number. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Valid point, but those are very easy to spot. Besides, history is not really what we are looking for - we are here discussing current collection. Besides, posting is the best way to learn, no? And at the end, this is a board not for those who look good, but for those who are passionate about fashion. And if you don't care about creativity of design, the fabrics, the care and craftsmanship, than this isn't a right place for you ("you" i mean figuratively). You might say some people are intimidated, but I don't know what is more intimidating than posting one's own picture.
    </p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• awlouie
      • Sep 2007

[quote user="Faust"]I am also going to try and see if I can make shorts + boots work this summer.
      [/quote]</P>

Great look AKA...I love the shorts with boots look too! [Y]</P>
      "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="kunk75"]

the whole 50 posts or more thing seems a bit shortsighted. it's not that i find it elitist ? it's that plenty of people who dress well have no understanding of fashion's history and could contribute very little to any intelligent conversation on the matter.</p>

</p>

Seems it would lead to posting for the sake of posting to reach said number. </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

This is a similar argument that popped up for the classified ads posting. It's worked itself out with few problems that are easily nipped in the bud by Faust.</p>

I think the main thing is, so what if someone dresses well (or not... as most people who just post in waywt and no other thread)? Then posting in waywt is just digital masturbation and hoping for some ego stroking. Sorry. That doesn't exist here on tfs for the random poster. The concept of just posting in waywt without any other contribution defies logic and understanding and honestly is downright pitiful that the poster(s) need/hope/wish for some affirmation from faceless members on a forum that doesn't even know them.
        </p>

Personally I think SZ people should fall into 2 categories:</p>

Lurk</p>

Post/contribute</p>

</p>
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• asho
          • Nov 2007

regarding dificulties with brown boots... I'm wondering why it is so difficult. I realise the issue when it comes to black pants, but with grey pants I think they work really well. </p>

I also really like the the shorts boots combo. CDiems seem to be just the right height. </p>

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

</p>

[quote user="asho"]</p>

regarding dificulties with brown boots... I'm wondering why it is so difficult. I realise the issue when it comes to black pants, but with grey pants I think they work really well. </p>

I also really like the the shorts boots combo. CDiems seem to be just the right height. </p>

[/quote]</p>

And with navy.</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
              • Dec 2007

aka i like the shorts paired with boots! nice summer look.
              I don't exist.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                • Mar 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

This is a similar argument that popped up for the classified ads posting. It's worked itself out with few problems that are easily nipped in the bud by Faust.</p>

I think the main thing is, so what if someone dresses well (or not... as most people who just post in waywt and no other thread)? Then posting in waywt is just digital masturbation and hoping for some ego stroking. Sorry. That doesn't exist here on tfs for the random poster. The concept of just posting in waywt without any other contribution defies logic and understanding and honestly is downright pitiful that the poster(s) need/hope/wish for some affirmation from faceless members on a forum that doesn't even know them.
                </p>

Personally I think SZ people should fall into 2 categories:</p>

Lurk</p>

Post/contribute</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

<span id="ctl00_bcr_ctl00___SearchRepeater_ctl03_Resourc elabel3">Posted to</span>Shopping and Personal Style (Forum)<span id="ctl00_bcr_ctl00___SearchRepeater_ctl03_Resourc elabel4">by</span>TypicalFashion<span id="ctl00_bcr_ctl00___SearchRepeater_ctl03_Resourc elabel5">on</span>May 8, 2008</p>

[quote user="TypicalFashion"]</p>

i
                lurked for a long time as well. i feel like the WAYWT topic should
                have a post minimum, seems like once a month we are rehashing the same
                thing with no results, and no growth from the users in question.... www.pimpmystyle.com
                </p>[/quote]

</p>

Comment

• airboyair
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

You might say some people are intimidated, but I don't know what is more intimidating than posting one's own picture.
                  </p>

[/quote]</p>

I sometimes miss those days - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mdumlao98/sets/1830937.</p>

And I eagerly await to buy you a drink when you wear shorts and boots! Another round if it's a skirt. </p>
                  Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• matthewhk
                    • Jan 2007

airboyair, it is good to see you around these parts. I don't know if you remember me, but I used to go on TFS under the name Fade to Black. Liked your posts on there back then (it's been years!), hope you stick around for the fashion discussion here.</p>

edit: thanks faust. yeah...i'd love to wear a jacket like the one you recently bought, but the weather here in the spring/summer doesn't allow for much in the way of outerwear or layering. Pretty soon the Hong Kong years will merge into one year-long season that's neither here nor there. Say goodbye to fall/winter collection shopping...
                    </p>

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

yes, airboyair, do post here more often [Y]</p>

Matt, HK summer is just so humid, I don't know how you manage. I've been back there twice this year, we should do a meet next time.</p>

I've got to get less lazy and post a few YY outfits and prove Johnny wrong :-)
                      </p>
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• generic_guy
                        • Mar 2007

[quote user="Faust"]/\ i'm sorry, but those diors don't look too good, a bit too wide i would say. maybe it's the bunching up.
                        [/quote]
                        </p>

In hindsight those Visvims didn't work with the jeans at all, I normally wear them with boots and that looks a lot better (honestly!)
                        </p>

Comment

• matthewhk
                          • Jan 2007

[quote user="Avantster"]

Matt, HK summer is just so humid, I don't know how you manage. I've been back there twice this year, we should do a meet next time.</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

yes, if you stop by in Hong Kong please let me know, would definitely like to meet with you and discuss fashion over a cup of coffee. It is frustrating...my wardrobe here is mostly limited to shirt/t-shirt and pants combo most days, i would say about 8 months of the year. Don't get me wrong, it is comfortable to wear and requires little thought/effort on my part, but it gets boring as I cannot purchase pieces I truly like for they will get no wear. That was the case with the double breasted YY coat faust hipped me onto last winter, i tried it on in Tokyo and it fit like a dream, but alas it is too heavy for here. I ended up purchasing the N(N) leather that was a bit pricier but probably more versatile as its not as warm of a piece. For the other 2-3 maybe I can manage with a suit or blazer or cardigan...the leather jacket/overcoat thing gets at most a few weeks of wear. The humidity is another thing to take into account, if you buy a heavy winter piece and it doesn't get much wear, just storage, you have to constantly care for it or else it gets moldy. We've had a few items in our household rot away this way.
                          </p>

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah that is a shame. It's a little the same way in Sydney, the summer sun is blistering hot, and while the winter is cool it's definitely not cold. The general warmth throughout the year isn't conducive to much layering, which is something I like. Rot away!? God. Better not have been any beautiful vintage YY, haha. I thought using a dehumidifier would have solved the problem.
                            </p>
                            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

</p>

[/quote]</p>

do it!</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎