X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baby
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post

n9 hat,l'malteri gloves and scarf, ann coat shirt needle necklace sneaks, same pants, m.a bag
    nice stuff but this is too much of a les paraphrase. kinda becomes anti-stylish when u just jock people off. obviously the lot of us have similar taste and blah blah blah but this comes off as terminally uncreative.
    nice. but terminally uncreative. no offense.
    Originally posted by pipcleo
    if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I like how you style the Ann cardi, I've got it and I'm never quite sure what to do with it.

Originally posted by thejjbb
      music

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

i also love it that your mirror is also your elevator
        raw---liking the luc sweater coat whatever it is--what did it set you back, and what year, if you don't mind...sorry if this is an inane question, is this the one from yoox....
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by bc3 View Post
          fuck ya on the white/grey overlock

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by baby View Post
            nice stuff but this is too much of a les paraphrase. kinda becomes anti-stylish when u just jock people off. obviously the lot of us have similar taste and blah blah blah but this comes off as terminally uncreative.
            i'm sure there is none taken

Comment

• Zeal
              • Apr 2008

From a while ago

Bless hood, BabyPhat x G-Unit jacket, my own zip sweater, Viridi gloves, April jeenz, Raf boots (not seen)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

thanks for the comment, kira. If I had the funds to, I would definitely go a bit crazier with my wardrobe...stuff like PNod's fetishistic salaryman suit look is somethin I'd definitely wear. Hell, I browse the racks of Ann Dem and the crazy coats that look like a lamb's hide i'd wear too. I often dream of wearing a long wrinkled C Diem leather coat, Savile Row silk shirt with french cuffs (but no cufflinks), my dior overdyes and C Diems, or something like that...my mind and wallet aren't really in a position to satisfy my material desires at the moment though...I've really been spending most of my time tryin to learn more about everything, explore myself through various forms of writing and creative outlets.

I'll tell my my ultimate ambition: I want to become very very rich and very very famous. A position like that would allow me to set into place what has been a longtime dream of mine, which is to get the clout needed to really reshape the way Hong Kong looks at and addresses, both medically and individually - mental/neurological disorders, as well as things such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, etc. particularly for the YOUTH. I see so many people I know, people in organizations that could make a change, but if all they can do is throw heaps of cash without really reassessing the situation and engaging in an informed discourse, then how much change is done? A first class city with all the wealth and glamour, yet sectors such as social work, psychiatric care are so impoverished that it is something that I seriously get angry about to the point I start banging on stuff if I think about it too much. This is a topic that I haven't shared with the board before, but is really what I see my mission in life as, being someone who has experienced up close how neglect of such issues come to shape a society in a way that is not so positive...

that said, here's today's pic lol -

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• booben
                  • Nov 2007

Nice as fuck Snafu, love the hat on you. Would have been just a tad nicer with the Ann riders. As someone said, I think you rock those sneakers too often.

Also liked your fit Diamonds.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by crz View Post
                    in other words.. yo shit is boring
                    I'd rather be aesthetically boring with interesting thoughts than be a walking mannequin.
                    www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      I'd rather be aesthetically boring with interesting thoughts than be a walking mannequin.
                      nicely put...and as for your life mission...respect!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Junya, Margiela, CDiem

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                          thanks for the comment, kira. If I had the funds to, I would definitely go a bit crazier with my wardrobe...stuff like PNod's fetishistic salaryman suit look is somethin I'd definitely wear. Hell, I browse the racks of Ann Dem and the crazy coats that look like a lamb's hide i'd wear too. I often dream of wearing a long wrinkled C Diem leather coat, Savile Row silk shirt with french cuffs (but no cufflinks), my dior overdyes and C Diems, or something like that...my mind and wallet aren't really in a position to satisfy my material desires at the moment though...I've really been spending most of my time tryin to learn more about everything, explore myself through various forms of writing and creative outlets.

I'll tell my my ultimate ambition: I want to become very very rich and very very famous. A position like that would allow me to set into place what has been a longtime dream of mine, which is to get the clout needed to really reshape the way Hong Kong looks at and addresses, both medically and individually - mental/neurological disorders, as well as things such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, etc. particularly for the YOUTH. I see so many people I know, people in organizations that could make a change, but if all they can do is throw heaps of cash without really reassessing the situation and engaging in an informed discourse, then how much change is done? A first class city with all the wealth and glamour, yet sectors such as social work, psychiatric care are so impoverished that it is something that I seriously get angry about to the point I start banging on stuff if I think about it too much. This is a topic that I haven't shared with the board before, but is really what I see my mission in life as, being someone who has experienced up close how neglect of such issues come to shape a society in a way that is not so positive...

that said, here's today's pic lol -

nice new pose.
                          i was not implying that everyone needs to go and spend more money or anything like that. i like the idea of challenging oneself to do something a bit different sometimes, take what you have a mix it up, use it in another manner. i noticed that I was ignoring some things in my closet myself, craving comfort during moving perhaps...so yesterday i picked pieces that I had not worn in a while and put them together with other things. it felt good to change it up. nice to play around in a time when the money is getting tighter and tighter for many.

remember i am the one who created the style challenge thread
                          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

yep, i well remember the style challenge and how i misunderstood the rules of the first challenge ;)

today i was walking around a flea market near my grandparents and felt somewhat of a style inspiration in as long as i can remember...i ended up buying a cheap cotton thermal in light grey, figure it'd be a nice layering piece for winter. But as I looked at some of the clothes they were selling - in particular army surplus (or thus inspired) clothing...was taken aback at how a designer item priced 1000X more is merely the same but with a few minor tweaks that probably don't rationally justify the difference. The paratrooper pants with the hem zipper was more or less the same as the Yohji ones I bought - and the detail of luxury in the latter is one that wouldn't even be spotted except by the wearer, in this case the double lining.

I think I'm gonna spend more time looking for markets like this and see what other gems I can find. I felt like buying a basic jean jacket, but couldn't find them where I was today.
                            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

I'll back Baby here... You got sick pieces (and a lot of them) but it is really straight up Les down to the superfob peace sign (which only asians do) and other posings. It could very well be Les underneath all those scarf wrappings.

I liked your original steez. One could argue that it is almost the same as it is now, but I think you made those brands and pieces into your own versus now.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

yeh im getting lazy these days cause iv had so much school work past few weeks. but les and buy and trade quite a few items so no suprise i actually sent a coat to him this morning, so its not like im trying to copy him although i think he is one of the most stylish people up there with pnod, winq, also biazilla and jsebbe really always appeal to me

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎